ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Governor cool with letting babies die

I saw that video on a local news channel last night. It's fairly chilling no matter what side of the abortion issue.
It's the extreme counterpoint to no abortion at any time for any reason...period. A 12 year old rape victim forced to carry a child to term is fairly chilling as well. I kinda disagree with either extreme.

Of course they will. Children born with severe abnormalities that will invariably prove fatal are often purposely allowed to die rather than being kept alive artificially. Not abortion...not murder.

You obviously didn't watch the video. The bill states that they will MURDER a VIABLE baby as it comes out of the mother if it is determined that she may suffer MENTAL problems from the birth of it. You'd have to be a sick effing monster, clearly like this Tran lady is, to support this bill. To just joy kill a healthy baby that is being born and the mother is going to feel the effects of whether it lives or dies. This is so effed up.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
I have seen it yes. She answered the question as it pertained to the law as written. It doesn't disprove my belief.

Go find a pro choice mother that far along and pro choice OB Gyn and ask them in this scenario would you do it? IMO all would say NO.

An abortion doctor in Philadelphia has been charged with eight murders, including seven babies who prosecutors say were born alive then killed with scissors.

Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 69, and nine employees from his West Philadelphia Women's Medical Society were arrested Wednesday. He and his staff also are charged with killing a woman who was given a lethal dose of Demerol.

Gosnell catered to minorities, immigrants and poor women, and made millions of dollars over 30 years performing illegal and late-term abortions in squalid and barbaric conditions, prosecutors said.

"There were bags, and bottles holding aborted fetuses were scattered throughout the building," said Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams. "There were jars lining shelves with severed feet that he kept for no medical purpose."

You obviously didn't watch the video. The bill states that they will MURDER a VIABLE baby as it comes out of the mother if it is determined that she may suffer MENTAL problems from the birth of it. You'd have to be a sick effing monster, clearly like this Tran lady is, to support this bill. To just joy kill a healthy baby that is being born and the mother is going to feel the effects of whether it lives or dies. This is so effed up.
I guess not. Could you give the time of the video where that's pointed out? TIA

An abortion doctor in Philadelphia has been charged with eight murders, including seven babies who prosecutors say were born alive then killed with scissors.

Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 69, and nine employees from his West Philadelphia Women's Medical Society were arrested Wednesday. He and his staff also are charged with killing a woman who was given a lethal dose of Demerol.

Gosnell catered to minorities, immigrants and poor women, and made millions of dollars over 30 years performing illegal and late-term abortions in squalid and barbaric conditions, prosecutors said.

"There were bags, and bottles holding aborted fetuses were scattered throughout the building," said Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams. "There were jars lining shelves with severed feet that he kept for no medical purpose."
I stand corrected and knew better than putting all as I know there is usually an exception. Probably should have said 90+%. I may have come across as supporting the law which I do not.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye and RTM58
I think @NorthernHawkeye question seriously needs to be answered. If this is never going to happen why create a law that allows for it?

The VA gov I will give the benefit of the doubt. He seems to be going on a tangent about babies who can't survive outside the womb for long. In which case choosing not to resussitate is a viable and morally acceptable option.

However the state rep who wrote this law clearly is stating that you can essentially abort a child with a woman who is in full term labor.

I guess not. Could you give the time of the video where that's pointed out? TIA

He asks at the 3 minute mark about a viable baby delivery and asks if "the doctor would need any special type of training" to determine if the woman would be in any mental stress (You know...shit people go to medical school for 8 years for) due to delivery, and Tran responds, "No...the doctor wouldn't need any type of special training for that." Just a baby doctor deciding on his own that a woman can't mentally handle this baby and it needs to die. Wow...great bill.

I think @NorthernHawkeye question seriously needs to be answered. If this is never going to happen why create a law that allows for it?

The VA gov I will give the benefit of the doubt. He seems to be going on a tangent about babies who can't survive outside the womb for long. In which case choosing not to resussitate is a viable and morally acceptable option.

However the state rep who wrote this law clearly is stating that you can essentially abort a child with a woman who is in full term labor.

A VIABLE CHILD

Of course they will. Children born with severe abnormalities that will invariably prove fatal are often purposely allowed to die rather than being kept alive artificially. Not abortion...not murder.

Lol. Okay, well that's a horse of a different color.

I was referring to the hysteria they were trying to kick up that we were heading towards the old Roman practice of infanticide.

He asks at the 3 minute mark about a viable baby delivery and asks if "the doctor would need any special type of training" to determine if the woman would be in any mental stress (You know...shit people go to medical school for 8 years for) due to delivery, and Tran responds, "No...the doctor wouldn't need any type of special training for that." Just a baby doctor deciding on his own that a woman can't mentally handle this baby and it needs to die. Wow...great bill.

Why are these bills being proposed? It seems that they severely damage the pro-choice position. Who in their right mind isn't revolted by the mental image of a full term baby being killed? I don't understand this.

Why are these bills being proposed? It seems that they severely damage the pro-choice position. Who in their right mind isn't revolted by the mental image of a full term baby being killed? I don't understand this.

It sounds like they snuck the stuff in while trying to get rid of mandatory ultrasounds and having to have abortions at hospitals as a way to throw Planned Parenthood a bone, I'm guessing. Looks like they overbought.

I seriously doubt the situation he described would ever happen. If it did, that would be murder not abortion.

I get it the law shouldn't allow for that to even be a possibility, but I guess I am an optimist in believing even people I disagree with would not execute this scenario much less a mother and a doctor both agreeing to this scenario.

Most people that are pro-choicers do not want it taken this far.

These extremely rare circumstances shouldn't be the basis of arguing your position as a whole.
if the law says its legal, why would anyone be arrested for murder? More proof the extreme left is becoming the main stream of the democratic party

Reactions: hawkland14
Lol. Okay, well that's a horse of a different color.

I was referring to the hysteria they were trying to kick up that we were heading towards the old Roman practice of infanticide.

It is. The bill calls for killing viable healthy babies if an unqualified baby doctor decides the born baby may cause the mother mental issues.

"Pro-life" is a branding monicker, not much more. So there's that.

True, which is what I was alluding to with the Republican Jesus party of teaching kids personal responsibility. And if they have an issue, the NRA is there to ensure there's a 100 round solution.

I wish there were more Democrats who didn't want Republicans to care about their children.

Society should care about all children.

Unborn and born, poor and rich, all races all ethnicities, all religious backgrounds.

I don't buy into this idea that society should stop caring when it starts to cost society money.

Society should care about all children.

Unborn and born, poor and rich, all races all ethnicities, all religious backgrounds.

I don't buy into this idea that society should stop caring when it starts to cost society money.

I agree with you. But if more people cared about their OWN children...we would have to worry about "Republicans caring about all children". That was my point.

Reactions: rocketclone
I wish there were more Democrats who didn't want Republicans to care about their children.

Lol, you're an asshole, but you're my kind of asshole.

Touche.

I too wish there were fewer people procreating who are total fuggin idiots.

I also wish there were more Republicans who valued the dignity of work and were interested in moving people off welfare. Raise the minimum wage. ;)

I agree. It's unconscionable.

And it won't be allowed to happen.

I agree with you. But if more people cared about their OWN children...we would have to worry about "Republicans caring about all children". That was my point.

Yes, we were just bantering back in forth with inane quips. Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

True, which is what I was alluding to with the Republican Jesus party of teaching kids personal responsibility. And if they have an issue, the NRA is there to ensure there's a 100 round solution.
Yeah, but it's literally just a branding thing, a phrase coopted from something that smells of the terrible stench of progressivism.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the term “pro-life” was first introduced to modern language in 1960 by A. S. Neill in his book Summerhill: A Radical Approach to Childrearing (p.138), which promoted progressive parenting and citizen attitudes. Neill wrote, “no pro-life citizen would tolerate our penal code, our hangings, our punishments of homosexuals, our attitude towards bastardy.”​

In the grand scheme of things the greatest expression of pro-life would be to fight like crazy to mitigate global warming climate change as much as humanly possible, and in such a way that promotes social and economic justice around the world. But I digress.

Most people care about their children. The ones that don't tend to go to jail.

Really? You think all of those grandparents raising kids are due the real parents being in jail? The ones that don't care are either on drugs, have their grandparents raising them, rely on the government to raise them, put them in foster care, up for abortion, the school to babysit them and are done with them as soon as they can babysit themselves. Jail has nothing to do with it. Who do you think are cashing all of those government checks. And most of them are white, BTW.

It is. The bill calls for killing viable healthy babies if an unqualified baby doctor decides the born baby may cause the mother mental issues.

The bill is being proposed by someone dealing with mental issues.

It won't happen. Even if there would be a few idiot, morally bankrupt Dems who privately agree, none would support it publicly. It's the same concept as a few Republicans who might sympathize with the KKK. Not many are going to publicly admit that. It's political suicide.

Trust me, we aren't there yet as a society. Sadly, some day we will be just as decadent as the Romans, but we're not close to being there yet. Only in hysteria of the rhetoric.

Yeah, but it's literally just a branding thing, a phrase coopted from something that smells of the terrible stench of progressivism.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the term “pro-life” was first introduced to modern language in 1960 by A. S. Neill in his book Summerhill: A Radical Approach to Childrearing (p.138), which promoted progressive parenting and citizen attitudes. Neill wrote, “no pro-life citizen would tolerate our penal code, our hangings, our punishments of homosexuals, our attitude towards bastardy.”​

In the grand scheme of things the greatest expression of pro-life would be to fight like crazy to mitigate global warming climate change as much as humanly possible, and in such a way that promotes social and economic justice around the world. But I digress.

No, you didn't digress. You were right on the money.

Only a simpleton thinks the concept of "pro-life" begins and ends with a woman's uterus.

I may be wrong here, but it sure seems like this is one of those things where if Trump/Repubs take a stance on an issue, someone on the left, in this case an actual lawmaker, is going full potato and proposing something as far away from “the conservative stance” as possible.

It's the extreme counterpoint to no abortion at any time for any reason...period. A 12 year old rape victim forced to carry a child to term is fairly chilling as well. I kinda disagree with either extreme.

My comment wasn't about the rape victim extreme. It was only about this extreme.

Really? You think all of those grandparents raising kids are due the real parents being in jail? The ones that don't care are either on drugs, have their grandparents raising them, rely on the government to raise them, put them in foster care, up for abortion, the school to babysit them and are done with them as soon as they can babysit themselves. Jail has nothing to do with it. Who do you think are cashing all of those government checks. And most of them are white, BTW.

I think he was referring to the children that tend to end up in jail when they don't have supportive parents

Except your comment was in response to my comment, which had nothing to do with your other extreme, as if I favored your other extreme.
It was in response to your comment and had no bearing on anything you might or might not favor. It was - first - a statement of fact, and - second - my opinion. Feel free to continue to misunderstand.

They're trying to stretch (no pun intended) the pro-abortion position and extend to to basically anything a woman wants to do with the child before it is fully outside of the womb. It's an "in your face pro-lifers" move.

But you're right. It makes them look so extreme that it should hurt their cause.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT