ADVERTISEMENT

VOTE: How will Tom Izzo be punished for the Travis Walton Rape Cover Up?

How will Tom Izzo be punished for the Travis Walton cover up?

• He will be fired.

• He will be suspended

• He will be reprimanded (written warning) but no suspensions or fines

• Nothing will happen. Izzo wins a lot of games and that's all that matters at Michigan State

• He will get a raise/new contract.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would agree that there is enough evidence to support the idea that MSU is fostering a toxic culture (at the very least) with respect to its revenue programs.

Is that enough to support this woman’s accusation? No way. Not even remotely close. Even under the lowered title ix standard. Not even close.
You should put as much energy protecting this victims rights as you do not wanting to besmirch the reputations of the MSU coach and hierarchy. I find your callous disregard for victims of sexual assault and rape reprehensible and disgusting. You having an opinion as to the length of time it took to go to the police shows your utter ignorance of the affects of sexual assault on its victims. You should just STFU and let the investigation proceed without muddying up the waters with your lack of objectivity and ambivalence.

You should put as much energy protecting this victims rights as you do not wanting to besmirch the reputations of the MSU coach and hierarchy. I find your callous disregard for victims of sexual assault and rape reprehensible and disgusting. You having an opinion as to the length of time it took to go to the police shows your utter ignorance of the affects of sexual assault on its victims. You should just STFU and let the investigation proceed without muddying up the waters with your lack of objectivity and ambivalence.

Lolz. How do you know there actually IS a victim? You disgust me with your complete disregard of logic.

You’re willingness to disregard time proven protections of due process because of your feelz disgusts me. You should just STFU and stop your effeminate virtue signaling and let adults sort things out.

See how this works?

Grow up, dude.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=m...tsrc=apple&pcarrier=Verizon&pmcc=311&pmnc=480

Michigan courts getting it right, watch this video and then acquittal. No wonder Izzo can do what he does.
several times she is seen in that video running FROM Mateen. she asked the lady who testified in the trial for HELP! each time she is seen running FROM Mateen she is dragged back to the room by Mateen. how is any of that consensual?

and don't forget about Larry Nassar (the Michigan State doctor) and what has gone on in the Michigan State football program.

what a culture of sexual abuse and rape at Michigan State.

Last edited:
Reactions: hagarwood
several times she is seen in that video running FROM Mateen. she asked the lady who testified in the trial for HELP! each time she is seen running FROM Mateen she is dragged back to the room by Mateen. how is any of that consensual?

and don't forget about Larry Nassar (the Michigan State doctor) and what has gone on in the Michigan State football program.

what a culture of sexual abuse and rape at Michigan State.
I do not see why any recruit would want to be part of that culture at MSU.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Lolz. How do you know there actually IS a victim? You disgust me with your complete disregard of logic.

You’re willingness to disregard time proven protections of due process because of your feelz disgusts me. You should just STFU and stop your effeminate virtue signaling and let adults sort things out.

See how this works?

Grow up, dude.

Grow up. That is rich coming from your fingers.

I do not see why any recruit would want to be part of that culture at MSU.

Many high end recruits have been catered to and allowed to get away with whatever they want since childhood, and they know that will continue at MSU. JMO of course.

Reactions: hooper56

See how this works?

Grow up, dude.

Did you see the video of Mateen Cleaves yanking that naked woman back into his hotel room after she escaped from him? Sometimes due process is broken and justice is not served. So GTFO your high horse and perhaps consider that something is actually all kinda effed up @ MSU, why dontcha?

A-hole.

Did you see the video of Mateen Cleaves yanking that naked woman back into his hotel room after she escaped from him? Sometimes due process is broken and justice is not served. So GTFO your high horse and perhaps consider that something is actually all kinda effed up @ MSU, why dontcha?

A-hole.
So this goes to trial and a jury of 12, 9 female, acquit Cleaves in less then an hour and they did see the tapes. Yet justice is not served? What would you do genius? They followed the law.
Not defending this POS as he should’ve known better and is in his late 30’s, married with kids, but there had to be a reason for the quick verdict. Please spare me the “ Izzo cover up”. Not in today’s #metoo society and especially with the spotlight squarely on MSU.

In a world of liberalism like in a college community their is always room for another injustice.
One of my daughters was raped at the U of I and a jury (some of which were college students) couldn't reach a conviction.

Just a reminder on the type of program Tom Izzo runs:

Travis Walton punched a girl in a bar
when he was an assistant coach under Izzo and living in Izzo's basement. Walton was arrested. Izzo did not punish/suspend Walton for punching this girl in the face.

GANG RAPE #1 under Izzo's watch: There was an alleged gang rape involving Travis Walton (when he was an asst coach) + 2 MSU players (names unknown) that was investigated by Izzo & the AD; it was never reported to the Title IX office (as required by federal law) or to the police. Another cover up. It was reported that Izzo talked to his team and that is all he did. The AD did nothing as well. It was all kept quiet and within the athletic dept. Neither Walton nor any MSU players were ever disciplined.

GANG RAPE # 2 under Izzo's watch: The 2nd gang rape involved 2 of Izzo's players, Payne & Appling; this case was turned over to the Title IX office only after public outrage and news coverage.

Just a reminder on the type of program Tom Izzo runs:

Travis Walton punched a girl in a bar
when he was an assistant coach under Izzo and living in Izzo's basement. Walton was arrested. Izzo did not punish/suspend Walton for punching this girl in the face.

GANG RAPE #1 under Izzo's watch: There was an alleged gang rape involving Travis Walton (when he was an asst coach) + 2 MSU players (names unknown) that was investigated by Izzo & the AD; it was never reported to the Title IX office (as required by federal law) or to the police. Another cover up. It was reported that Izzo talked to his team and that is all he did. The AD did nothing as well. It was all kept quiet and within the athletic dept. Neither Walton nor any MSU players were ever disciplined.

GANG RAPE # 2 under Izzo's watch: The 2nd gang rape involved 2 of Izzo's players, Payne & Appling; this case was turned over to the Title IX office only after public outrage and news coverage.
And the Payne and Appling case was investigated by a female Prosecutor and no charges were filed. Please don't forget the details.

It was investigated immediately by the ELPD because the alleged victim reported it.
Tom Izzo has created quite the culture at Michigan State. You seem pretty proud of it.

However, you forgot to defend the other gang rape involving 2 players and Travis Walton, Izzo's former player & assistant coach. No one was disciplined. It was all handled in house.

You also forgot to defend Travis Walton for hitting a female at a bar. Walton, who was an assistant at the time, was not disciplined for this, either.

Tom Izzo has created quite the culture at Michigan State. You seem pretty proud of it.

However, you forgot to defend the other gang rape involving 2 players and Travis Walton, Izzo's former player & assistant coach. No one was disciplined. It was all handled in house.

You also forgot to defend Travis Walton for hitting a female at a bar. Walton, who was an assistant at the time, was not disciplined for this, either.

I was just correcting factual errors, not defending anyone. There are more to correct, but I get the sense you're not really interested in accuracy, anyway.

I was just correcting factual errors, not defending anyone. There are more to correct, but I get the sense you're not really interested in accuracy, anyway.
And speaking of Keith Appling, his rap sheet continues to grow.....

From the Associated Press:

WARREN, Mich. -- Former Michigan State basketball player Keith Appling was charged with drug crimes after authorities say they found heroin in his vehicle that he planned to sell.

Appling, 28, was arraigned Wednesday in a Warren courtroom on charges of delivery or manufacture of less than 50 grams of a controlled substance. Prosecutors said officers last Saturday found 19 grams, or a "golf ball sized" amount of heroin in a bag that was in a storage pocket behind the front passenger seat, The Macomb Daily reported. At the time of his arrest, Appling was on parole after serving jail time for gun and resisting-arrest charges.

According to court records, Appling plans to hire a lawyer. The Associated Press on Saturday called the number for an attorney who represented him during his last criminal case, but there was no answer.

His next hearing is set for Feb. 25.

Assistant Macomb County Prosecutor Derek Miller told the newspaper that the amount of heroin found in the vehicle could have provided dozens of "hits" to drug users. He described the situation as "an unfortunate set of circumstances for someone who ... played on outstanding basketball teams at MSU and brought joy to a lot of people."

Appling, who was named Mr. Basketball in 2010 as the state's top high school player, played for Michigan State from 2010-2014 and had two brief contracts with the Orlando Magic. More recently, he played professionally for teams in the Dominican Republic and Argentina.

And speaking of Keith Appling, his rap sheet continues to grow.....

From the Associated Press:

WARREN, Mich. -- Former Michigan State basketball player Keith Appling was charged with drug crimes after authorities say they found heroin in his vehicle that he planned to sell.

Appling, 28, was arraigned Wednesday in a Warren courtroom on charges of delivery or manufacture of less than 50 grams of a controlled substance. Prosecutors said officers last Saturday found 19 grams, or a "golf ball sized" amount of heroin in a bag that was in a storage pocket behind the front passenger seat, The Macomb Daily reported. At the time of his arrest, Appling was on parole after serving jail time for gun and resisting-arrest charges.

According to court records, Appling plans to hire a lawyer. The Associated Press on Saturday called the number for an attorney who represented him during his last criminal case, but there was no answer.

His next hearing is set for Feb. 25.

Assistant Macomb County Prosecutor Derek Miller told the newspaper that the amount of heroin found in the vehicle could have provided dozens of "hits" to drug users. He described the situation as "an unfortunate set of circumstances for someone who ... played on outstanding basketball teams at MSU and brought joy to a lot of people."

Appling, who was named Mr. Basketball in 2010 as the state's top high school player, played for Michigan State from 2010-2014 and had two brief contracts with the Orlando Magic. More recently, he played professionally for teams in the Dominican Republic and Argentina.

Responding would be beneath him. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Franisdaman
ZOMG! A former MSU player from the hood is in jail!

MSU should cancel the rest of the season and arrest Izzo.

OP has creepy obsession and is factually inaccurate in almost everything. Seek professional help.

Reactions: TroubleWSnap
giphy.gif

ZOMG! A former MSU player from the hood is in jail!

MSU should cancel the rest of the season and arrest Izzo.

OP has creepy obsession and is factually inaccurate in almost everything. Seek professional help.
you Spartan fans are amazing. Almost as bad as Ped State fans

you do realize that denying facts don't make them go away, correct?

Everyone should agree that all Americans deserve due process and a fair trial when accused of a crime. And we should all be able to agree that sometimes guilty people are not prosecuted for various reasons. What is troubling is the belief they deserve to represent an institution of higher learning because they have athletic skills. Plenty of schools have questionable individuals in their programs, but some (like Michigan St) seem to not care about laws or societal norms whatsoever. If you are a fan of these programs ask yourself what you stand for in life, and if it’s worth allowing predators to be your heroes because of the all mighty dollar.

Everyone should agree that all Americans deserve due process and a fair trial when accused of a crime. And we should all be able to agree that sometimes guilty people are not prosecuted for various reasons. What is troubling is the belief they deserve to represent an institution of higher learning because they have athletic skills. Plenty of schools have questionable individuals in their programs, but some (like Michigan St) seem to not care about laws or societal norms whatsoever. If you are a fan of these programs ask yourself what you stand for in life, and if it’s worth allowing predators to be your heroes because of the all mighty dollar.
It's definitely a culture of covering up crimes to protect the athletic programs.

* Larry Nassar
* Sexual assaults in the football program
* Sexual assaults in the basketball program

Reactions: BronxHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT