ADVERTISEMENT

VOTE: Over or Under 7.5 wins for the 2024 season

Over or Under 7.5 wins for this season

• Over 7.5 wins

• Under 7.5 wins

Results are only viewable after voting.
This upcoming year, we're absolutely capable of 9 or more wins as is. Like the last few years, we're a top 75 offense away from having a very memorable season where an undefeated regular season isn't out of the question.

Some of the always key games are vs Wisky and that game is at Kinnick with their new offense still maybe trying to figure out Fickle. Of course all road games in the Big will be tough.

UCLA now has to find a head coach late in the process but they may promote one of Kelly's coaches to try to maintain some sameness in offense and defense. The hawks dont do well at west but I think they can beat a usually soft Bruins team.

I hear WASH has to really reload and they have a new coach so in about game 6 at Kinnick Iowa can win.

I am going with 9 wins. If the new hawk offense clicks it could be 11 wins.

The defense should be outstanding. Nuff said.

The offense will at least have a lot of experienced guys. We'll have to wait and see if that's a good thing. I expect that they are working hard in the off season and maybe have some extra juice thanks to an new OC - they have to show him they deserve to be on the field.

Maybe Lester gave build a little deception in the run/pass games.

🤷‍♂️

Started at 7.5 last year too. They’re a quality WR away from 10 wins again.
Yep on the 7.5 starting future. I took them at 8.5 and was feeling great about it until the Minnesota game. Sweated out the rest of it but all good. LOL

With that schedule I would think the number will again be 8.5.

PS. You can take Iowa to win the CFP at +12500. $10 for $1260 payout

If the offense stinks and the new punter stinks this could happen. I think Iowa will be fine

6 of this team's 10 wins last season were by 10 points or less (6-1 in such games). Kudos to them pulling out all those close games, but history says that teams rarely are able to pull off that kind of feat two straight seasons. Might be a lot of close games again next season, and the defense will give us a chance to win almost every one, but the offense has to really improve to keep the teams that we should beat from hanging around (ISU, Troy, MN, MSU, NW, UCLA, MD, NE), because we probably won't get the consistent fortunate bounce of the ball again.

what kind of odds are out there now for that 7.5? I am not saying I would bet my house, but I would bet a considerable amount of money on the over.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Ohio State is the only game I can see that is likely a loss. Everything else is either a win, or a toss up. @ Michigan State, Wisconsin, Washington, and maaaaaaaaybe UCLA I would consider toss ups. Both MSU and Washington are going to be big question marks, as both had major turnover and new coaching staffs have been hired.

Reactions: Hawkeyes4Life247
6 of this team's 10 wins last season were by 10 points or less (6-1 in such games). Kudos to them pulling out all those close games, but history says that teams rarely are able to pull off that kind of feat two straight seasons. Might be a lot of close games again next season, and the defense will give us a chance to win almost every one, but the offense has to really improve to keep the teams that we should beat from hanging around (ISU, Troy, MN, MSU, NW, UCLA, MD, NE), because we probably won't get the consistent fortunate bounce of the ball again.
In Iowa's 4 losses they lost the turnover battle 13-0.

Need to get that fixed in 2024...on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: desihawk
dejean’s departure is huge. who compensates? proctor on offense helps but we’ll need a
bunch of positions stepping up to make up for that 1 guy

Ohio State is a probable loss -- Northwestern, Wisconsin and UCLA will be the next toughest stretch -- but we will likely win 2 of the 3. Likely record 10-2 anything less than 9 would be a major disappointment.

Reactions: ichawk24
Same story as last year. I will be putting 5% of my bankroll on the over. And then another 2% when it goes to 8.

If the offense stinks and the new punter stinks this could happen. I think Iowa will be fine
Do you really think we did not get the pick of the crop of Australian kickers? Where else does a kicker get so much exposure and enhanced chance to get into the NFL?

UCLA has not been good as of late.

Ohio State is a loss.

Washington is at our house
Iowa State is at our house
Wisconsin as at our house
Nebraska is at our house

MN is at their house, but, they have problems.

Former Minnesota football players described coach P.J. Fleck's program as a "cult" to Front Office Sports, alleging the program's culture is "fraught with intimidation and toxicity." Among the allegations are that Fleck interfered with medical protocols by seeking for injured players to return earlier than anticipated

You think this is not getting around?

I think we win 10 games.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT