ADVERTISEMENT

Vouchers Were Supposed to Save Taxpayer Money. Instead They Blew a Massive Hole in Arizona’s Budget

Nobody is stopping private schools. We’re just saying private schools either pay for themselves (because, you know, they’re private) or they operate under the same guidelines as public schools. Otherwise it is crazy to give them public money.
Can you address my question?

Would you agree it's preferable to let consumers spend food stamps instead of having the government run grocery stores?

Why is it 'crazy' to let these poor people shop for the food themselves, instead of establishing centralized, government run food banks for them to obtain menu items approved by a bureaucracy nominally controlled by voters?

Can you address my question?

Would you agree it's preferable to let consumers spend food stamps instead of having the government run grocery stores?

Why is it 'crazy' to let these poor people shop for the food themselves, instead of establishing centralized, government run food banks for them to obtain menu items approved by a bureaucracy nominally controlled by voters?
People are not forced to go to government run schools.

Constant evasion.

Maybe answer this:

Why have food stamps instead of government run food distribution?
The only way your analogy makes sense is if there is free groceries at a bunch of stores for people on food stamps but they want to go to different stores. You are advocating for giving a few of them money to go to those stores, if the stores will let them in. And giving all the people already shopping at those stores money to shop there.

You are really bad at analogies.

The only way your analogy makes sense is if there is free groceries at a bunch of stores for people on food stamps but they want to go to different stores. You are advocating for giving a few of them money to go to those stores, if the stores will let them in. And giving all the people already shopping at those stores money to shop there.

You are really bad at analogies.
And he doesn’t even know it.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Arizona initially complicated their educational budgeting process a couple of decades ago by exempting retirees living in Sun City from any and all school levies. Those old folks are a pretty powerful lobby in Az politics…and they VOTE in numbers, too.
This was defeated by the Arizona voters in 2018 yet the republican legislature pushed it through a few years later. They don't care about educating the children. They care about subsidizing their supporters - the wealthy and the church attendees.

• Sad
Reactions: ItsinourDNA
Nobody is stopping private schools. We’re just saying private schools either pay for themselves (because, you know, they’re private) or they operate under the same guidelines as public schools. Otherwise it is crazy to give them public money.
Indeed; either they take all students, or the ones they won't/cannot take because they are special needs/autistic/etc they can pay a premium to the public schools to take them for them.

1x declined student costs 4x voucher incomes

Would there be as much whining about education spending increases if the spending was managed by bureaucracies instead of parents?

Why not privatize the whole shebang, and sell the public schools to the teachers unions to run as they see fit? Is there that little faith that parents will prefer to send their kids to their schools if they have the choice?
You’re ignorant.

That misses the point. What if my school is designed for children on the spectrum?
One size doesn't fit all, even if it makes it easier for bureaucrats to manage.

We need more than two. Could be dozens, even hundreds of different to approaches to education to better fit different circumstances and abilities.
Can you imagine there only being two kinds of restaurants?
Would that best meet every need?
It might tickle somebodies heart that everyone had the same options, but what about he people that want different options altogether?
Holy. Christ.

You’re ignorant.
You’re unwilling to answer the questions.

Your ignorance is showing. Take a stab at a few of them. What leads you to the conclusion that bureaucratic provision is superior to consumer choice? I mean, aside from the comfort of those working in the bureaucracy.

I’ve said this before, I don’t think Kimmie runs again in 2026. I can see her declaring victory, and then lining her pockets with special interest money, and sitting on the board of some think tank that pushed ESAs around the country. Iowa’s budget will really start to face the crunch in 2 years, and she doesn’t want any part of riding a downward slide for four years as teachers in Osage get laid off just to give kids that go to Dowling a leg up n

You’re unwilling to answer the questions.

Your ignorance is showing. Take a stab at a few of them. What leads you to the conclusion that bureaucratic provision is superior to consumer choice? I mean, aside from the comfort of those working in the bureaucracy.
You already won and it feels a bit excessive to pick on Tom. He’s has the woke mind virus and he loves children in the worst way.

If someone wants to try privatization, go for it. But you have to accept every student. You have to accept special needs students. What I object to is taxpayers subsidizing two different systems of education.
It's definitely not two different systems. It's called school choice, I thought you Libs were big on personal choice?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT