ADVERTISEMENT

Warren Zevon appreciation...

I'm glad I found Zevon in life. It is kind of like when I discovered Jeff Lynne.

So much shit on the radio right now. Warren was a pure talent.
I thank David Letterman for having him on so often and helping me find his catalog. I knew his biggest hits, but no clue of the depth and prolific volume of his work until Letterman

As Warren told Dave once, "You're the best friend my music ever had" or something to that effect.

True story time.....so I just see this thread this morning (I realize it was posted on Wednesday evening it appears), BUT today is my dog's birthday.....she is 14 years old.

Her name is Carmelita......we call her "Lita" for short. And yes, the great Warren Zevon and this song were the inspiration for her name (not because she's strung out on heroine or nothing....just liked the name)

So happy 14th Birthday today Lita:

(the day we brought her home)
1024101218.jpg

(Last week)
IMG950852.jpg

IMG950848.jpg

True story time.....so I just see this thread this morning (I realize it was posted on Wednesday evening it appears), BUT today is my dog's birthday.....she is 14 years old.

Her name is Carmelita......we call her "Lita" for short. And yes, the great Warren Zevon and this song were the inspiration for her name (not because she's strung out on heroine or nothing....just liked the name)

So happy 14th Birthday today Lita:

(the day we brought her home)
1024101218.jpg

(Last week)
IMG950852.jpg

IMG950848.jpg
Lita is a cutie pie. Long shall she live…

Last edited:
Reactions: JustSayOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT