ADVERTISEMENT

Way To Show Up Hawkeye Baseball Fans!

Mar 14, 2003
Granted the game against Michigan today was not what we hoped for, it's really tough to win every game against quality competition. However, Iowa fans should be really pumped about how they've shown up this weekend. The energy can really pump up a team as evidence by Friday night.

1600+ on Friday and 2500+ on Saturday. Need to show up that way the rest of the season!

Granted the game against Michigan today was not what we hoped for, it's really tough to win every game against quality competition. However, Iowa fans should be really pumped about how they've shown up this weekend. The energy can really pump up a team as evidence by Friday night.

1600+ on Friday and 2500+ on Saturday. Need to show up that way the rest of the season!

On the radio broadcast they said they turned people away. So fricken awesome.

1,600+ today for a Sunday morning start. Going to be tough to draw these numbers for a 3pm start vs Missouri on Tuesday though. Really need to show up next weekend vs Oklahoma State. They are a high quality opponent.

When will Duane Banks be renamed to "Heller's Home"? It needs to be renovated to attract more talent. I hope that happnes sooner than later, the $$$ from BIG TV should cover any and all upgrades.

Future-Duane-Banks-DRC_0953_d3u5og.jpg

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/iowa-...-heller-hawkeyes-positioned-long-term-success

When will Duane Banks be renamed to "Heller's Home"? It needs to be renovated to attract more talent. I hope that happnes sooner than later, the $$$ from BIG TV should cover any and all upgrades.

Future-Duane-Banks-DRC_0953_d3u5og.jpg

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/iowa-...-heller-hawkeyes-positioned-long-term-success
interesting article!!!

one thing that caught my eye:

The baseball program’s expenses have about doubled, according to figures obtained by Land of 10 through state open-records laws. In fiscal year 2013, Iowa spent $1,197,122 on baseball. In 2016, that number jumped to $2,077,104. But baseball revenues have nearly quadrupled over the same time period, from $220,941 in 2013 to $815,930 in 2016.

Iowa baseball reported earnings of $68,899 for camps and $65,576 in contributions in 2013. In 2016, the program took in $190,693 for camps and $401,110 in donations.

I couldn't find it in the post game news piece from Hawkeye Sports. Anyone know the attendance for the Missouri game?

600 for a 3pm game on a Tuesday when it was raining just prior to the game. Not great, but five years ago that number would have been 150.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT