ADVERTISEMENT

WBB recruiting for the future

Does anyone know when ESPN will update their recruiting rankings?
It's a new service doing it, so who knows. Premier Basketball replaced Dan Olson who had done it for a decade or so. Dan would make small updates but usually any big changes took place after AAU season in the fall.

To get a ranking kids must go to a Premier basketball event and pay for it. Unless they're a top 5 player. Most of the committed kids aren't even ranked anymore. Seems like they're ranking available players unless a player is top 5. Kind of sleezy!

I like Hannah S. better of these two. Will Hannah play SF and Jada play PF at Iowa? Or will they play the same position?

For the experts here, how impressed are you with Jada. Is she ready to step in and contribute or does she need a year or two? I have only watched the one game in the state tournament and was not impressed with her quickness or aggressiveness. I realize one game is probably not a fair appraisal.

I watched 2 of her state tournament games and was not that impressed either. All those shots she missed 2 ft. from the basket. Then I thought, she still has a summer of aau ball and another season of high school ball plus a summer of training at Iowa before her freshman year. Hopefully A.J. does well so she is not needed her freshman year and can develope.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGHAWK and DewHawk
For the experts here, how impressed are you with Jada. Is she ready to step in and contribute or does she need a year or two? I have only watched the one game in the state tournament and was not impressed with her quickness or aggressiveness. I realize one game is probably not a fair appraisal.
Jada, at times, appears to not be playing as hard or fast as other times. She is really a very good 3 point shooter and has some guard skills (good passer). Not great when catching the ball with her back to the basket. Better off the dribble when attacking from the perimeter or face up from 15 feet in. Not consistently a great rebounder, but can get there.

Reactions: BGHAWK and AMAYS
Jada, at times, appears to not be playing as hard or fast as other times. She is really a very good 3 point shooter and has some guard skills (good passer). Not great when catching the ball with her back to the basket. Better off the dribble when attacking from the perimeter or face up from 15 feet in. Not consistently a great rebounder, but can get there.
Does anyone know how good Hannah S is?

2019 Boo William Nike Invitational
Marques Jackson 16U Division
All-Tournament Team

Hannah Stuelke, 6-1, power forward, 2022, All Iowa Attack 10th Nike EYBL (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) MVP

Orally committed to Iowa, Stuelke may have been Iowa’s key player as she controlled the middle (rebounding, some interior scoring, defending) allowing its fine three-point shooters (at least four) to do their thing. Although playing (hard) mostly in the lower paint, she did show some face-up stroke in the upper key.

2019 Boo Williams Nike Invitational (part 1)

Final
All Iowa Attack 10th Nike EYBL 83
Boo Williams 16 EYBL 39

This was expected to be a competitive contrast of styles with Iowa shooting a lot of threes. Boo Williams was expected to dominate in the paint with a fleet of Division 1 athletic post prospects plus enough defensive quickness to contest (it didn’t happen) Iowa’s threes.

Wrong! This was over by halftime as the Attack hit 12 threes to zero for Boo and led 54-18 at the break. This included a 22-0 Iowa run in quarter 2. In the second half, Iowa added five more threes to finish with a 17 to 1 edge in the category. The Iowa posts did enough to keep any Boo Williams interior edge to a minimum.

All-tournament team member Caroline Waite (see below) led Iowa with 17 points followed by Ava Hawthorne (5-10, guard, 2022) with 16 points.

2019 Boo William Nike Invitational
Marques Jackson 16U Division
All-Tournament Team

Hannah Stuelke, 6-1, power forward, 2022, All Iowa Attack 10th Nike EYBL (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) MVP

Orally committed to Iowa, Stuelke may have been Iowa’s key player as she controlled the middle (rebounding, some interior scoring, defending) allowing its fine three-point shooters (at least four) to do their thing. Although playing (hard) mostly in the lower paint, she did show some face-up stroke in the upper key.

Caroline Waite, 5-6, point guard, 2021, All Iowa Attack 10th Nike EYBL (Ames, Iowa)

Waite plays with both fearlessness (penetrating the key, usually dishing) and energy (hitting the floor for loose balls). Her play (11 points including a couple of threes and high energy) in the first half set the tone for her team’s blowout victory in the final.

Does anyone know how good Hannah
Does anyone know how good Hannah S is?
Stuelke is very good around the rim. Can score with back to the basket, but is most dangerous when facing up her defender. Can get to rim from 3 point line quickly and finish thru contact. Outside shot continues to be work in progress. All Iowa Attack encourages her to shoot 3 to complement her to the rim game. Looks much better in summer with Attack than in h.s. games. Same can be said for Jada. The floor is more spread in the summer and the pace is faster. Stuelke thrives in up tempo game. Jada can stretch the floor and be a knock down shooter while still create angles with penetration to score from.

Any chance Iowa re-offers Wisconsin de-commit Jordana Codio '22? She previously had an Iowa offer, and her ESPN profile sounds like an answer to several of Iowa's glaring weaknesses:

"Athletic guard brings superior size to the back court; quick-leaper, drives and finishes plays in traffic; rises on jumper in mid-range game to the arc; a stock-riser in the class of 2022. (Olson)"

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkitd and crstuff
We need the recruiting followers to give a report on how Chad Greenway’s daughter Maddyn is doing and how much Iowa interest exists and similar update on McKenna Murray. Thanks.

Does anyone have any video of A J Ediger? I couldn't find anything recent. I couldn't find anything of O'Grady either. Thanks!

Hope all the media attention we got this week and how the UConn game went gets some 5-star recruits attention

Maddyn and all of the Greenway girls are absolute studs and will have their pick of schools for either basketball or soccer. Nice thing is I don’t see them going anywhere but Iowa.
Chad is an absolute nut on the bench of one his daughters team that he helps coach. Complains to the refs all game. Spends more time bitching than helping out with coaching. At times it’s borderline embarrassing. I didn’t see him this past summer, but am thinking back to prior summers. His face gets beet red and looks like someone with road rage. Hopefully, he has toned it down some. But, yes his daughters have bright futures.

Does anyone have any video of A J Ediger? I couldn't find anything recent. I couldn't find anything of O'Grady either. Thanks!
I don't have any highlights but here's one of Ediger's games from a few weeks ago. I haven't watched it but it sounds like she had 22 of her 28 pts in the first half. Ediger is #34 in white. This Youtube channel should have most, if not all, of Ediger's high school's home games.

As for O'Grady, again no highlights but here's a game from their state playoffs a few weeks ago. O'Grady is #22 in white.

Reactions: cyberhawk
I don't have any highlights but here's one of Ediger's games from a few weeks ago. I haven't watched it but it sounds like she had 22 of her 28 pts in the first half. Ediger is #34 in white. This Youtube channel should have most, if not all, of Ediger's high school's home games.

As for O'Grady, again no highlights but here's a game from their state playoffs a few weeks ago. O'Grady is #22 in white.

Thanks, I will watch the games.

Reactions: hawkshawn
I think that once Jan Jensen is working with her you will see her develop into an excellent post player.

All right, the "athlete" question. How is Taylor McCabe, the other '22 commit, in that regard? She played with Stuelke and Gyamfi.

Here's the most updated on I have, in the next few months expect some more movement on the recruiting front.

2022 Prospects Committed or Offered:
Hannah Stuelke - Cedar Rapids, IA (6'0 W - Committed)
Jada Gyamfi - Urbandale, IA (6'1 F - Committed)
Taylor McCabe - Freemont, NE (5'9 G) (Committed)
Acacia Hayes - Murfreesboro, TN (5'7 PG) (Made Top 8 List)
Beatrice Culliton - Overland Park, KS (6'3 C)
Saniah Tyler - St; Louis, MO (5'6 PG)
Alyssa Crockett - Westfield, IN (6'1 F) (committed to Michigan 3/5)
Ruby Whitehorn - Detroit, MI (6'0 W)
Taylor Charles - Chicago, IL (6'2 F)
Mya Petticord - Ypsilanti, MI (5'9 PG)
Ayanna Patterson - Ft. Wayne, IN (6'2 F) (committed to UCONN)

2022 Prospects on the coaching staff's radar:
Emma Ingersoll-Weng - Iowa City, IA(5'6 PG) - If Hayes or Tyler go elsewhere, she is worth an offer.
Brooke Blumenfeld - Glenbrooke, IL (6'0 F)
Madisen Wardell - Detroit, MI (6'0 F)
Ysabella Fontleroy - Columbia, MO (6'1 F)
Payton Sterk - Colorado Springs, CO (5'9 PG - Dec 2019 campus visit)

2023 Prospects With Offers:
Jordan Wood - Mundelein, IL (6'2 F)
KK Arnold - Germantown, WI (5'6 PG)
Emily Fisher - Libertyville, IL (6'0 G)(Likely headed to ISU)
Ashlynn Shade - Noblesville, IN (5'10 G)
Amiyah Reynolds - South Bend, IN (6'0 PG)
Lisa Thompson - Joliet, ILL (5'8 G)
Katie Eidle - Arlington Heights, ILL (5'11 G)
Audi Crooks - Algona Garrigan (6'4 P)
Sahara Williams - Waterloo West (5'11)

2023 Prospects on the coaching staffs radar:
Jenna Hopp - Glenwood, IA (5'10 G)
Katelyn (KK) Jones - Lantana, TX (5'6 PG)
Kaliyah Sain - Cedar Rapids Kennedy (5'10 G)
Ke'Ayla Madison - DSM, Roosevelt (5'5 PG)
Joy Bergstrom - Chicago, IL (5'11 G)
Smya Nichols - Overland Park, KS (6'0 W)
Aaliyah Beier - Linn Mar HS, IA (5'6 G)
Jenna Twedt - Benton, IA (5'8 G)
Jada Williams - Blue Springs, MO (5'7 PG)
Kora Kipley - Arlington Heights, IL (5'7 G)
Nevaeh Quinn - Menasha, WI (5'8 G)
Molly Joyce - Algona Garrigan (5'7 PG)
Whitney Lind - Union, KY (6'2 W)
Molly Noelck - Johnston, IA (5'9 PG)
Halli Poock - Waterloo, IA (5'5 PG)
Mari Bickley - Akron, OH (5'10 PG)
Avree Antony - Sun Prairie, WI (5'9 G)
Tessa Johnson - Albertville, MN (5'10 G)

2024 Prospects With Offers:
Olivia Olson - St. Louis Park, MN (6'0 PG)
Britt Prince - Elkhorn, NE (6'0 PG)

2024 Prospects:
Callie Levin - Solon, IA (5'9 W)
Elise Jaeger - West Des Moines (Valley), IA (5'10 G)
Ava Holman - Brooklyn Park, MN (5'5 PG)
Aliyah Al-Hameed - Ankeny, IA (5'8 PG)
Reagan Briggs - Verona, WI (5'9 G)
Chloe Spreen - Lawrence, IN (5'8 G)
Aili Tanke - Johnston, IA (5'8 G)
Aaliyah Riley - Johnston, IA (5'5 PG)
Kayl Petersen - Waupun, WI (6'0 Wing)
Brooke Carlson - Batavia, IL (5'7 G)
Amiah Hargrove - Christopher, IL (6'2 W)
Allie Ziebell - Neenah, WI (6'0 W)

2025 Prospects
Journey Houston - Davenport, IA
Divine Binion - Davenport, IA
Jada Podey - North Polk, IA
Nikki Kerstein - Deerfield, IL

2026 Prospects
Jenica Lewis - Johnston, IA (Mentioned as the #1 player in her class nationally)
Update: Jada Williams has committed to UCLA.

Here's the most updated on I have, in the next few months expect some more movement on the recruiting front.

2022 Prospects Committed or Offered:
Hannah Stuelke - Cedar Rapids, IA (6'0 W - Committed)
Jada Gyamfi - Urbandale, IA (6'1 F - Committed)
Taylor McCabe - Freemont, NE (5'9 G) (Committed)
Acacia Hayes - Murfreesboro, TN (5'7 PG) (Made Top 8 List)
Beatrice Culliton - Overland Park, KS (6'3 C)
Saniah Tyler - St; Louis, MO (5'6 PG)
Alyssa Crockett - Westfield, IN (6'1 F) (committed to Michigan 3/5)
Ruby Whitehorn - Detroit, MI (6'0 W)
Taylor Charles - Chicago, IL (6'2 F)
Mya Petticord - Ypsilanti, MI (5'9 PG)
Ayanna Patterson - Ft. Wayne, IN (6'2 F) (committed to UCONN)

2022 Prospects on the coaching staff's radar:
Emma Ingersoll-Weng - Iowa City, IA(5'6 PG) - If Hayes or Tyler go elsewhere, she is worth an offer.
Brooke Blumenfeld - Glenbrooke, IL (6'0 F)
Madisen Wardell - Detroit, MI (6'0 F)
Ysabella Fontleroy - Columbia, MO (6'1 F)
Payton Sterk - Colorado Springs, CO (5'9 PG - Dec 2019 campus visit)

2023 Prospects With Offers:
Jordan Wood - Mundelein, IL (6'2 F)
KK Arnold - Germantown, WI (5'6 PG)
Emily Fisher - Libertyville, IL (6'0 G)(Likely headed to ISU)
Ashlynn Shade - Noblesville, IN (5'10 G)
Amiyah Reynolds - South Bend, IN (6'0 PG)
Lisa Thompson - Joliet, ILL (5'8 G)
Katie Eidle - Arlington Heights, ILL (5'11 G)
Audi Crooks - Algona Garrigan (6'4 P)
Sahara Williams - Waterloo West (5'11)

2023 Prospects on the coaching staffs radar:
Jenna Hopp - Glenwood, IA (5'10 G)
Katelyn (KK) Jones - Lantana, TX (5'6 PG)
Kaliyah Sain - Cedar Rapids Kennedy (5'10 G)
Ke'Ayla Madison - DSM, Roosevelt (5'5 PG)
Joy Bergstrom - Chicago, IL (5'11 G)
Smya Nichols - Overland Park, KS (6'0 W)
Aaliyah Beier - Linn Mar HS, IA (5'6 G)
Jenna Twedt - Benton, IA (5'8 G)
Jada Williams - Blue Springs, MO (5'7 PG)
Kora Kipley - Arlington Heights, IL (5'7 G)
Nevaeh Quinn - Menasha, WI (5'8 G)
Molly Joyce - Algona Garrigan (5'7 PG)
Whitney Lind - Union, KY (6'2 W)
Molly Noelck - Johnston, IA (5'9 PG)
Halli Poock - Waterloo, IA (5'5 PG)
Mari Bickley - Akron, OH (5'10 PG)
Avree Antony - Sun Prairie, WI (5'9 G)
Tessa Johnson - Albertville, MN (5'10 G)

2024 Prospects With Offers:
Olivia Olson - St. Louis Park, MN (6'0 PG)
Britt Prince - Elkhorn, NE (6'0 PG)

2024 Prospects:
Callie Levin - Solon, IA (5'9 W)
Elise Jaeger - West Des Moines (Valley), IA (5'10 G)
Ava Holman - Brooklyn Park, MN (5'5 PG)
Aliyah Al-Hameed - Ankeny, IA (5'8 PG)
Reagan Briggs - Verona, WI (5'9 G)
Chloe Spreen - Lawrence, IN (5'8 G)
Aili Tanke - Johnston, IA (5'8 G)
Aaliyah Riley - Johnston, IA (5'5 PG)
Kayl Petersen - Waupun, WI (6'0 Wing)
Brooke Carlson - Batavia, IL (5'7 G)
Amiah Hargrove - Christopher, IL (6'2 W)
Allie Ziebell - Neenah, WI (6'0 W)

2025 Prospects
Journey Houston - Davenport, IA
Divine Binion - Davenport, IA
Jada Podey - North Polk, IA
Nikki Kerstein - Deerfield, IL

2026 Prospects
Jenica Lewis - Johnston, IA (Mentioned as the #1 player in her class nationally)
I assume there is some connection between Halli Poock and Glenda Poock of Maynard who used to score 70 points in 6-girl in the 70's? I couldn't find it by googling. I did find a fun list of the all-time scoring games in 6-girl. Had no idea Jan Jensen went for 70 in a loss when Lynne Lorenzen scored 68 in the same game. Probably doesn't compare to her 105-point game against Villisca.

Last edited:
All right, the "athlete" question. How is Taylor McCabe, the other '22 commit, in that regard? She played with Stuelke and Gyamfi.
McCabe can flat out shoot it. Similar in stature to Gabi Marshall. Is surprisingly effective around the rim, but will that be the case against Big10 competition? Quick release and very confident. Great kid from what I hear, but again, on the small side. For a team that struggles to guard, she looks a lot like what is already there.

Reactions: cyberhawk
Does anyone know if we have at least a little bit of a chance of getting Kamorea Arnold for 2023?
She's been offered, it is a little early for the top (most of them) '23's to start naming "top school lists". How hard Iowa recruits her may depend on if they land a point guard in '22 - Acacia Hayes and Saniah Tyler appear to be the top two targets, although it really wouldn't surprise me if Iowa cools on Hayes despite making her top 8 - just my opinion on this particular recruit.

Last edited:
I watched into the 3rd Q of the video of AJ Ediger that Hawkshawn posted above. I see she is listed as a forward, and at 6'3" seems more of a center to me from what I saw. I don't see an outside game or a lot of athleticism, but I'm sure center is where her team needs her. I thought she looked pretty good on O around the basket, like our current centers. I am by no means an expert on evaluations.

I watched into the 3rd Q of the video of AJ Ediger that Hawkshawn posted above. I see she is listed as a forward, and at 6'3" seems more of a center to me from what I saw. I don't see an outside game or a lot of athleticism, but I'm sure center is where her team needs her. I thought she looked pretty good on O around the basket, like our current centers. I am by no means an expert on evaluations.
Here's a small highlight video of her hitting four three-pointers in a game this year. She has a really slow shot and a really low load. I don't think she'll be able to keep both of those things and be an effective long-range shooter in college.

One plus: one of the threes she hit was from Clark range. If she's taking shots from there in a game she clearly feels comfortable shooting threes.

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/aj...?videoid=e93e9bbb-1390-4ee9-b259-179eba63da5b

Reactions: BGHAWK
Any chance Iowa is active in the portal? Would have to be the right person, but team could really use an athletic player. Jaelynn Penn from Indiana is such a player, and she is in the portal.

Any chance Iowa is active in the portal? Would have to be the right person, but team could really use an athletic player. Jaelynn Penn from Indiana is such a player, and she is in the portal.
Don't think Bluder plans on adding any transfers unless a player leaves. We return mostly everyone and add depth. Not a lot of minutes to offer a transfer. I don't see any players leaving. Tomi might have had a case but really came on at the end of the year. Cook and Meyer get limited playing time but ties to the program might be too strong for them to consider a transfer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT