ADVERTISEMENT

We win the West this year.

I agree with your Dad. It is possible we win the west but it will be very tough sledding. We will have to be lucky with injuries and Have a all american effort from Nate.

Reactions: TryHardHawk
I'm currently thinking an average year. I imagine 8 wins is a good guess. Do not think we will contend in the West.

I'm currently thinking an average year. I imagine 8 wins is a good guess. Do not think we will contend in the West.

Who do you think wins the West? Wisconsin and NU graduate some good players, I don't think Purdue is quite there yet, Nebraska needs another year.

I think Iowa contends in the West. Winning the division will be difficult but attainable.

Who do you think wins the West? Wisconsin and NU graduate some good players, I don't think Purdue is quite there yet, Nebraska needs another year.

I think Iowa contends in the West. Winning the division will be difficult but attainable.
You would be correct in saying Purdue is probably a year away yet. They are returning a lot of players, but they are super young. Offense could be dangerous though.

Nebby has the best schedule for it, but my bet is the Hawks or Wisky.
It could be yet another season where the west is a bit of a free-for-all.

Also, given how many new guys Purdue had to break in last year ... particularly on D ... what are the chances they take the step this year that many expected them to to take last year?

Personally, I see '19 being another instance of the "wild, wild west."

I think they will have the defense to compete. It will largely fall on the running games shoulders. They need to take a step forward there if they want to contend.

Nate will have some weapons, I don’t think the passing game will be prolific by any stretch of the imagination but it could be above average. Beyer could be a breakout player, same the Tracy.

I'm currently thinking an average year. I imagine 8 wins is a good guess. Do not think we will contend in the West.[/QUO
Which team in the west do you feel is so much better than Iowa that they won't at least contend? I think 5-4 and 6-3 in conference generally "contends" I would think with you predicted 8 wins that would be 4 or 5 wins in big ten play

I see the West as being very balanced. I don't see a clear favorite, and all teams will be good enough to beat any of the other teams (e.g. Minny thumped Wisky at the end of last year).

Coaching/execution, big plays, big mistakes, injuries - these will determine the winner of the West IMO.

It could be yet another season where the west is a bit of a free-for-all.

Also, given how many new guys Purdue had to break in last year ... particularly on D ... what are the chances they take the step this year that many expected them to to take last year?

Personally, I see '19 being another instance of the "wild, wild west."
Purdue is probably an 8 win team this year and they were right where I expected them to be last year. The good news is that most of the defense either comes back or is replaced by a young guy that is more athletic. Looking at the spring practice roster yesterday, many boilers feel this is the first year in many where Purdue has actually had some depth. Downside, lots and lots of youth and way more athleticism.

Offensively, the line is a question mark, but it has been for two years now. This will be the first year Brohm recruits start to sneak into the oline starting 5. But again, lots of youth. Skill position wise, Purdue will be good on offense. Might have the best receivers room in the big ten. They are young though... Having an experienced QB with two years in the offense will make a big difference I think. Sindelar is finally healthy. I've got Purdue at 8 wins and the jump comes after the 2019 season when Purdue returns basically the same team for another year in 2020.

2019 B1G West...

200.gif

Purdue is probably an 8 win team this year and they were right where I expected them to be last year. The good news is that most of the defense either comes back or is replaced by a young guy that is more athletic. Looking at the spring practice roster yesterday, many boilers feel this is the first year in many where Purdue has actually had some depth. Downside, lots and lots of youth and way more athleticism.

Offensively, the line is a question mark, but it has been for two years now. This will be the first year Brohm recruits start to sneak into the oline starting 5. But again, lots of youth. Skill position wise, Purdue will be good on offense. Might have the best receivers room in the big ten. They are young though... Having an experienced QB with two years in the offense will make a big difference I think. Sindelar is finally healthy. I've got Purdue at 8 wins and the jump comes after the 2019 season when Purdue returns basically the same team for another year in 2020.

I think the verdict is still out on Sindelar at least for the first couple of games to start the season..

In my opinion, Purdue has the biggest question mark at QB compared with all the other challengers in the West not named Illinois...

I think the verdict is still out on Sindelar at least for the first couple of games to start the season..

In my opinion, Purdue has the biggest question mark at QB compared with all the other challengers in the West not named Illinois...
Eh. I kind of disagree. I really like Plummer at the back up position. He just finished his redshirt. Sindelar I think is one of the top QB's in the Big ten. Maybe #4 or #5. Has a heck of an arm. Maybe the best in the league. Has developed some touch. Biggest question is decision making, which I think Brohm will help him with. Helped Blough's a ton. Just hasn't been able to stay healthy. Has plenty of game experience though. Will be a senior this year with a potential 6th year next year.

Thanks for the input on your team! Your contribution in this thread is appreciated!

Last edited:
Thanks for having me. I enjoy talking football! Especially when it's just a civil conversation.

Your the first troll that does it the right way. Sorry to hear about your number one fan passing. That kid was an inspiration to everyone. I say that sincerely. I lost a 16 year niece 9 years ago to brain cancer. Its incredible how resilient these kids are in the face of death. And here we are talking about how important 8-4 is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT