ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin will be the most important game of the season

Your delusion comparing Iowa football to Michigan is noted. I love watching you guys drink the koolaid in the offseason just to come crashing back to reality once the season starts.
in the last 20 years IA has played Michigan 13 times and the record is 7-6 in favor of Michigan and Michigan has won the last 2 to lead by 1, not this dominance you are trying to make it out to be. in fact the 2004 BT Championship was shared between IA and Michigan. and till Michigan won theChampionship in 2021 they had not won anything of note in the BT. BUT at least IA won the BT West Championship in 2015. and their 2nd in 2021. hmmm I just don't see this big a difference between the 2, the 60's and 70's were over 50-60 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
in the last 20 years IA has played Michigan 13 times and the record is 7-6 in favor of Michigan and Michigan has won the last 2 to lead by 1, not this dominance you are trying to make it out to be. in fact the 2004 BT Championship was shared between IA and Michigan. and till Michigan won theChampionship in 2021 they had not won anything of note in the BT. BUT at least IA won the BT West Championship in 2015. and their 2nd in 2021. hmmm I just don't see this big a difference between the 2, the 60's and 70's were over 50-60 years ago.
He luvs cornholios. So you have to excuse him.

• Haha
Most years the West title goes through Wisconsin, so it's usually a big game with tiebreaker implications.

Reactions: F5n5
Kinda feel like ISU will be a major proving game as it will be the first quality opponent in a hostile environment. That plus Penn state a few weeks later will tell us a lot about improvements in the offense.

Wisconsin and Nebraska both are just major wildcards with the coaching changes, especially Wisconsin with the schematic overhaul as well.

Nebraska will be a non-issue this year imo. They're Maryland in the West. Lots of hype early but a quick return to reality when they play quality teams.

Wisconsin's a horse of a different color.

Nebraska will be a non-issue this year imo. They're Maryland in the West. Lots of hype early but a quick return to reality when they play quality teams.

Wisconsin's a horse of a different color.

Maybe. Lots of roster turnover with new coaching staffs at both schools. Imo it’s more likely to see some warts from Wisconsin as they’re going from the old school offense to the spread. Tough to pull off quickly, especially in the trenches.

to many are thinking to highly of Wisconsin.

changing the offense and changing the defense and nobody expect them to keep the status quo after they went 4-5 in the West and 7-6 overall. to many smoking that Wiscy wacky tobacco.

Reactions: F5n5

changing the offense and changing the defense and nobody expect them to keep the status quo after they went 4-5 in the West and 7-6 overall. to many smoking that Wiscy wacky tobacco.

I expect their defense to still be good; that’s where Fickell cut his teeth. And they got a highly thought of OC so I think they’ll have their moments as well, but also think they’ll struggle at times as well.

does anybody think Fickell is using Wisky as a stepping stone, or does he see it as destination school?

I don't think Phil is too scared of facing the air raid offense, and their defense in no way would be better than they have had in past years.

I believe he would ultimately have his eyes on a higher prize.

Idk - he’s an Ohio native so the only higher prize would be Ohio State imo for him.

For all the other things that have changed in college athletics; one thing that has so far remained inviolable is that b10 teams don’t poach each others coaches - rare exceptions in non-revenue sports, but I can’t think of a single time in football or basketball where a head coach went directly from one b10 school to another.

Your delusion comparing Iowa football to Michigan is noted. I love watching you guys drink the koolaid in the offseason just to come crashing back to reality once the season starts.

Hi there rubber_micro_peeniz.

Whaddya think of Nebraska being ranked in the 50's preseason?

Looks like the prognosticators finally decided to avoid humiliation and place Debby where Debby belongs.

Must sting.

Gimme a like.

Obey me.

• Haha
Reactions: rfgiowa and 2D_
the worm maybe turning back in IA's favor. when I look back at the 2022 season these were the 5 losses
ISU 9-7
#4 Michigan 27-14
@Illinois 9-6
@ #2 OSU 54-10
Nebraska 24-17

yup IA lost to a bunch of cupcakes and should of rack up 70 plus points and 700 plus total yards per game. with ease

most of you complain that IA does not play Michigam often enough, but when they do posters bitch about not scoring or producing enough yards.

to bad they refuse to admit other teams can and do play defense, defense is not just reserved for IA.
Hey Herb, I'm not totally sure your point is really strong here given 2 of those 5 losses were at home to teams that didn't qualify for a bowl game. I think those are the ones that really irritate folks.

Hey Herb, I'm not totally sure your point is really strong here given 2 of those 5 losses were at home to teams that didn't qualify for a bowl game. I think those are the ones that really irritate folks.
Yeah, Iowa had 3 games they could have, should have won if the offense had merely been mediocre. possibly have a better shot against Michigan, and that final score against Ohio state might be the most misleading thing I’ve ever seen - with how the defense held ohio state under their season averages in everything but the final score which happened because they simply couldn’t hold up under all the turnovers, short fields they had to work with all day.

Reactions: FranklinHawk
Idk - he’s an Ohio native so the only higher prize would be Ohio State imo for him.

For all the other things that have changed in college athletics; one thing that has so far remained inviolable is that b10 teams don’t poach each others coaches - rare exceptions in non-revenue sports, but I can’t think of a single time in football or basketball where a head coach went directly from one b10 school to another.
or NFL

Reactions: sober_teacher
anybody that winning streaks will never end are FOOLS. in 2022 these winning/losing streaks came to a end

ISU Campbell finally beat KF
ILL finally broke their losing streak dating back to 2008
NEB broke their 7 game losing streak
IA's 4 top 25 finishes was stopped which was the longest stretch under Kirk if you and those other can't accept that, then you and the other have serious problems and WILL NEVER be happy.

anybody that winning streaks will never end are FOOLS. in 2022 these winning/losing streaks came to a end

ISU Campbell finally beat KF
ILL finally broke their losing streak dating back to 2008
NEB broke their 7 game losing streak
IA's 4 top 25 finishes was stopped which was the longest stretch under Kirk if you and those other can't accept that, then you and the other have serious problems and WILL NEVER be happy.
Well, one of us seems rather angry but I'm not sure it's me. Have a nice day Herb.

not angry just living in reality vs you and some others that live in/on Fantasy Land/Fantasy Island by refusing to admit that losing/winning streak do come to a end.

I’m not mad the streaks came to an end - like you said everything ends eventually.

I’m more mad about HOW we lost those games.

• Haha
the-old-man-yelling-at-cloud--1560141714_1352x900.jpg

I’m not mad the streaks came to an end - like you said everything ends eventually.

I’m more mad about HOW we lost those games.
This is typical Iowa fan drivel, every fan base hates when and how their team loses. Iowa football isn’t a victim of a conspiracy of bad losses, if anything, any time Iowa wins more than 8 games, they are overachieving. Yes, Iowa fans, you should rejoice and be thankful any time Iowa surpasses 8 wins.

This is typical Iowa fan drivel, every fan base hates when and how their team loses. Iowa football isn’t a victim of a conspiracy of bad losses, if anything, any time Iowa wins more than 8 games, they are overachieving. Yes, Iowa fans, you should rejoice and be thankful any time Iowa surpasses 8 wins.

Iowa fans blame the play calling.

Nebraska fans blame the refs.

....and if Nebraska gets above .500 this year @Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus (rubber_micro_peeny), you can bet your ilk will be proclaiming "Nebraska's back!!!!"

Know your place and your overlords lil bro

did Nebraska win 8 games last year ?

That's a hard "no" @F5n5

They haven't been above .500 since 2016.

The loser you responded to has about 2 dozen banned handles on this board. He goes by @Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus on soundoff and is pathologically obsessed with Iowa. He's seen as kind of a joke over there, even his own fanbase ignores him....that's why he comes over here and gets passed around like a party gimp.

Ha, Nebraska fans don’t make excuses, the biggest difference between Nebraska and Iowa fans is Iowa fans are constantly looking for an excuse for their team never making it to elite status. Nebraska fans fully know and accept that two bad coaching hires have Nebraska at the bottom of a sh1tty division of college football. Just accept your teams ceiling of slightly above average, Nebraska fans have already accepted that the current state of the Nebraska program is crap, and yet still beat Iowa in 2022……..

Please answer the distress call of your fellow fan getting his a$$ kicked on a national board by Nebraska fans. He’s so desperate to be saved, he’s begging for your help. Evidently that pu$$y is getting his a$$ kicked by Nebraska fans.

Last edited:

heck, when did they last win 8 games, period?

Ha, Nebraska fans don’t make excuses, the biggest difference between Nebraska and Iowa fans is Iowa fans are constantly looking for an excuse for their team never making it to elite status. Nebraska fans fully know and accept that two bad coaching hires have Nebraska at the bottom of a sh1tty division of college football. Just accept your teams ceiling of slightly above average, Nebraska fans have already accepted that the current state of the Nebraska program is crap, and yet still beat Iowa in 2022……..

Just accept we are your new overlords and Nebraska's been exposed by, well, most of the teams in the B1G, for being the frauds we all knew you were.

Iowa fans, Please answer the distress call of your fellow fan getting his a$$ kicked on a national board by Nebraska fans. He’s so desperate to be saved, he’s begging for your help. Evidently that pu$$y is getting his a$$ kicked by Nebraska fans.

Iowa fans, Please answer the distress call of your fellow fan getting his a$$ kicked on a national board by Nebraska fans. He’s so desperate to be saved, he’s begging for your help. Evidently that pu$$y is getting his a$$ kicked by Nebraska fans.
Lolz!!!!

Link please.

Psssst....it only exists in Rubbies brain

Penn State is not in the Western conference, so a win or a loss will not affect our standing on whether or not we'll win the West.
But it may well define the depth of success of Iowa’s season. Beat PSU, a one or two loss season could be reasonably expected...a loss to PSU, I think 2 or 3 more losses are probable. Western Conference or not...PSU is a good barometer for Iowa football.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT