ADVERTISEMENT

Weight Cut

butchinmi

HR MVP
Mar 20, 2015
I have a little more respect gained again this morning for what our wrestlers go through. It's been 20+ years since I cut weight, but our office had a weight loss pool going (started by me as I figured "I'm a wrestler, they don't stand a chance.") Well, weigh in is here in 30 minutes and the last few days I decided to make sure there was no doubt who was going to win so instead of doing just cardio, weights, and eating healthy, I jumped back into so weight cutting techniques (i'm sure outdated by now). Got up this morning at 4:30, ran on the treadmill, rode the bike with three layers of cloths. I feel like absolute crap right now and I don't have much energy to sit at my desk today let alone jump on a wrestling mat.

I think it is easy for me to lose perspective on how hard it would be to cut weight, attend class, attend practice and keep your life together just to make it on the mat, let alone dominate. I played baseball in college and juggling class, practice, games, etc. was tough. I was on full feed then. The added stress and mind games that come with weigh cutting has to be extremely difficult.

Kudos to all the wrestlers and their parents who support them during these unbelievable hard times. I'm as frustrated as the next guy about some recent results, but a little dose of reality helped me realize I just need to say "Thank You!" to those putting the work in that allow me to sit back watch them perform after going through what many can't handle.

cutting weight sure robs you of enjoying wrestling,alot of guys can bump up and be even more successful some can't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT