ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to Alabama: the Back Alley State

Bama football team right now

th

It's why they call it an "unplanned" pregnancy. And some people who get addicted to drugs aren't responsible enough to use birth control or abstain, yet here you are advocating that they should be forced in to parenthood, or that The State should then pay to raise those kids.

We saw how that one played out with the meth addicted "parents" who played video games, while their baby died sitting on swingset outdoors, and had maggots eating the body and the unchanged diapers. We can expect more of this, if we insist on forcing people to be parents, who should not be.
Would you support forced sterilization of those poor people you characterize in the above?

Would you support forced sterilization of those poor people you characterize in the above?

No, but education other than abstinence only would probably help.

Alabama Code Title 16. Education § 16-40A-2

(a) Any program or curriculum in the public schools in Alabama that includes sex education or the human reproductive process shall, as a minimum, include and emphasize the following:

(1) Abstinence from sexual intercourse is the only completely effective protection against unwanted pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, and acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) when transmitted sexually.

(2) Abstinence from sexual intercourse outside of lawful marriage is the expected social standard for unmarried school-age persons.

No, but education other than abstinence only would probably help.

Alabama Code Title 16. Education § 16-40A-2

(a) Any program or curriculum in the public schools in Alabama that includes sex education or the human reproductive process shall, as a minimum, include and emphasize the following:

(1) Abstinence from sexual intercourse is the only completely effective protection against unwanted pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, and acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) when transmitted sexually.

(2) Abstinence from sexual intercourse outside of lawful marriage is the expected social standard for unmarried school-age persons.

Somehow I don't think that would work for meth addicted women.

It should get thrown out in record time in each court. If I am reading correctly the abortion becomes illegal at the moment the mother becomes aware she is pregnant. How the heck can that be enforced in a legal manner?

Of course it will be thrown out. But the Alabama governor and state pols who support it will be looking good for reelection. They make a high profile move that is destined to go down in defeat faster than the Confederacy, but they still win.

Reactions: artradley
....and lest we not forget: Orthodox Judaism believes that life only begins "at the first breath of air". That the embryo up to even a month or more is "just a bunch of fluid", and that the fetus is "part of the mother" and not a separate entity until birth and only until birth.

So, creating legislation like this violates religious freedom - beliefs which existed for 2000 years BEFORE the law was passed. It'll be interesting if that one hits the courts, and they flip-flop on how "religious freedom" applies to baking cakes and airport restaurants, but NOT to women's control of their own bodies and their own ancient religious tenets. And, yes, the Bible does provide a 'formula' for an abortion. In Numbers, IIRC.

Not forced, but perhaps we incentivize it. Maybe tie it to free college? Tax breaks for not breeding? A rebate on your property taxes?
Somehow I just don't see the people you are talking about working enough to pay taxes or actually own property. College hahahaha you break me up with the humor.

....and lest we not forget: Orthodox Judaism believes that life only begins "at the first breath of air". That the embryo up to even a month or more is "just a bunch of fluid", and that the fetus is "part of the mother" and not a separate entity until birth and only until birth.

So, creating legislation like this violates religious freedom - beliefs which existed for 2000 years BEFORE the law was passed. It'll be interesting if that one hits the courts, and they flip-flop on how "religious freedom" applies to baking cakes and airport restaurants, but NOT to women's control of their own bodies and their own ancient religious tenets. And, yes, the Bible does provide a 'formula' for an abortion. In Numbers, IIRC.
Orthodox Jews rarely get abortions, so you pretty much struck out on that.

Agreed. It is anti-Semitism, religious discrimination. As a nation I hoped we had moved beyond that, what with the Statue of Liberty and all.

Somehow I just don't see the people you are talking about working enough to pay taxes or actually own property. College hahahaha you break me up with the humor.
You have this wrong. It’s the people that have kids who end up poor. People who avoid kids double their income.

My question for cons and pro=lifers is really this one....."Who is the enemy here.....abortion or Planned Parenthood?"
Now Iowa doesn't believe PP should be teaching state APPROVED sex education courses....because the Governorette is staunchly "pro-life"........obviously she is full of hatred for PP. And "pro-lifers" and evangelicals have joined forces to prevent any and all effective methods of sexual contraception from being taught to their children, other than abstinence. We all remember "abstinence" don't we......even back in the day! Abstinence and blue balls....and the girls still miraculously got pregnant! (Damn public swimming pools.)

Reactions: fsu1jreed
My question for cons and pro=lifers is really this one....."Who is the enemy here.....abortion or Planned Parenthood?"
Now Iowa doesn't believe PP should be teaching state APPROVED sex education courses....because the Governorette is staunchly "pro-life"........obviously she is full of hatred for PP. And "pro-lifers" and evangelicals have joined forces to prevent any and all effective methods of sexual contraception from being taught to their children, other than abstinence. We all remember "abstinence" don't we......even back in the day! Abstinence and blue balls....and the girls still miraculously got pregnant! (Damn public swimming pools.)
Speaking of hatred how long have you been a sexiest? (Governette) Just wondering.

Given the propensity of men to create violence, to kill and maim other humans, I find it fanfückingtastic that men think they're fit to also legislate women's bodies. Women, who, by contrast to men (generalizing, of course) are incredibly nurturing, non-violent, and prudent, apparently have to once again cede control of their bodies to men.

Men. SMH.
Mitchelleville is FULL of women who have abused or killed their children. And that goes for every other state as well. Women aren’t innocent.

Speaking of hatred how long have you been a sexiest? (Governette) Just wondering.
You think I am the "sexiest"? I am flattered........Sexist?.....is using the female form of "governor" for a female governor "sexist" (I think that is the word you meant to use, correct?) Please advise.
Are you a Limbaugh fan....or a football half back who runs to the right? If your a fan of Limbaugh, your handle should read "Rush's right"....you are using the plural of Rush as is which is grammatically incorrect....but then, using Limbaugh's name, I cannot say I am surprised.

Mitchelleville is FULL of women who have abused or killed their children. And that goes for every other state as well. Women aren’t innocent.
Mitchellville is full of women who have been abused themselves......over 80% of the inmates are abuse of victims of violence themselves......you friggin' moron.

You think I am the "sexiest"? I am flattered........Sexist?.....is using the female form of "governor" for a female governor "sexist" (I think that is the word you meant to use, correct?) Please advise.
Are you a Limbaugh fan....or a football half back who runs to the right? If your a fan of Limbaugh, your handle should read "Rush's right"....you are using the plural of Rush as is which is grammatically incorrect....but then, using Limbaugh's name, I cannot say I am surprised.
You know as well as I that your use of the term Governette was a sexist remark, so man up (if you can) and admit it answer the question how long have you been a sexist?

Of course it will be thrown out. But the Alabama governor and state pols who support it will be looking good for reelection. They make a high profile move that is destined to go down in defeat faster than the Confederacy, but they still win.
The dems running for president would like to thank the Alabama and Missouri congress and the gov for the huge donations they have and are receiving from around the country the last few days. They couldn't have done it without you.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I really think states that want to outlaw abortion should be allowed to do so.
With the following caveats:

• Every child born in the state is tied to that state in perpetuity for any federal aid/child support/social services support; children on welfare who move out of state must still be supported by the state of origin.
  • Federal taxes add in actual costs for any paid services for children on welfare to all taxpayers in that state, to cover those costs, dollar for dollar
  • When those states decide they can pay for all the unwanted children who drain resources on the rest of us, they can outlaw what they want; if they decide that $15k per household surtax is too high, they can decide whether the abortion ban is worth the cost, or not

Outlawing abortions is going to have drastic effects on our social services and welfare services, for children born to people not able to be, or not ready to be parents. Let these states bear those full costs, entirely on their own, so they can make the choices they want.

Dude thus is tantamount to saying we should have outlawed slavery because then all those people would no longer have jobs and would require state support.

Killing is killing. No matter the cost this stain on our culture can no longer stand. You don't get to murder. Every other consideration to justify it is irrelevant.

It should get thrown out in record time in each court. If I am reading correctly the abortion becomes illegal at the moment the mother becomes aware she is pregnant. How the heck can that be enforced in a legal manner?

Making it illegal or unavailable will instantly decrease the incidence of premarital intercourse and I believe will decrease single parenthood markedly.

Right now, abortion allows an exit ramp for failure of responsibility.

Reactions: Rushesright
Dude thus is tantamount to saying we should have outlawed slavery because then all those people would no longer have jobs and would require state support.

Killing is killing. No matter the cost this stain on our culture can no longer stand. You don't get to murder. Every other consideration to justify it is irrelevant.

I'm guessing you're a God Christ church guy?

I'm guessing you're a God Christ church guy?

I am Catholic. But I'm no religious zealot by any measure.

I don't think a moral compass requires religion.

I firmly believe that much of the support for abortion comes from those that have had them or encouraged others to have them. (Men)

One often needs to justify their acts and decisions by being a loud voice. Every single person that had had an abortion should carry that to their grave. They surgically had a life removed from them that, but for the procedure, stood over a 75% a chance of becoming a life outside the womb in 40 weeks. This should haunt them. I'm dead serious.

This act is simply horribly horribly wrong under any circumstance.

Reactions: Lurker71999
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT