ADVERTISEMENT

Well Boyz...

My furloughed status has been extended through at least the rest of this year, and I’ll be losing my health insurance at the end of August. Covid has essentially left me unemployed. My company has went from about 150-175 employees, to about 10. Maybe less.

Time to get the ol resume updated I think .....for the first time in almost a decade. Covid can suck my balls. Anyways, I’m going to drink some beers this afternoon/csb.

Wow sorry to hear. Have you thought about just finding something new?

Reactions: LurkerBrian99
Wow sorry to hear. Have you thought about just finding something new?
Yup, it’s going to happen. I know for a fact I’m going to be one of the first folks my company reaches out to once business gets back to a point that they can bring some folks back. But that won’t be happening until there’s at least a vaccine. So lord knows when that could be.

Yup, it’s going to happen. I know for a fact I’m going to be one of the first folks my company reaches out to once business gets back to a point that they can bring some folks back. But that won’t be happening until there’s at least a vaccine. So lord knows when that could be.
Didn’t you hear? One day it’s going to “magically disappear.” Probably in two weeks according to @Whiskeydeltadeltatango!

Yeah, I was told we’d be hearing about COBRA over the next few weeks.

It is expensive but probably better than not having it. COBRA coverage is good for 18 months, I believe.

Also, I don’t recall the details, but If you dont need medical care, you can not pay for COBRA for a few months (maybe up to 3 or 6 months) and if you need it, you can just pay the arrearage and be covered. But once you exceed that grace period you are uncovered.

It is expensive but probably better than not having it. COBRA coverage is good for 18 months, I believe.

Also, I don’t recall the details, but If you dont need medical care, you can not pay for COBRA for a few months (maybe up to 3 or 6 months) and if you need it, you can just pay the arrearage and be covered. But once you exceed that grace period you are uncovered.
Fortunately I’ve got a family member that works for an insurance company and specializes in COBRA. So I’ll be able to get some clear cut answers when the time comes.

Reactions: Rudolph and Nipigu
Yeah, I was told we’d be hearing about COBRA over the next few weeks.
Take your time with it. You have 90 days to sign up for it and it is retroactive. If you get sick/injured in that timeframe you can go back and pay the premium and be covered. If you don't need it and get new benefits you save on the premiums. Of course, if you don't find something within that timeframe you pay the 3 months cost to bring it up to date.

COBRA is less $$ than the marketplace but still a lot more than you were paying in all likelihood. Get ready for sticker shock.

Reactions: McLovin32
My furloughed status has been extended through at least the rest of this year, and I’ll be losing my health insurance at the end of August. Covid has essentially left me unemployed. My company has went from about 150-175 employees, to about 10. Maybe less.

Time to get the ol resume updated I think .....for the first time in almost a decade. Covid can suck my balls. Anyways, I’m going to drink some beers this afternoon/csb.
Sorry to hear it, but COVID didn't do anything, your employer made a choice, or other employers made decisions that rippled to your company, forcing your employer to make a choice

So sorry to hear this, best wishes for gainful employment ASAP.

Sorry to hear. What did you do for a living and who did you work for?

Now McLovin and his moms are for hire.

thatslogistics.jpg

Damn. That really sucks.

Good luck man! You will find something great. Maybe you can move to the Dirty D with @torbee and make it great again? (this is assuming it was once considered great of course).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT