ADVERTISEMENT

Well, bye (Sandfort)

I am offering the advice of this board to Mr Sandfort (for the appropriate commission of course) for his NBA evaluation. To summarize (and I actually agree with this for once):
1] Are you kidding me
2] Assuming you're being serious, you're not quick enough, you play no defense, you have limited ability to create off the dribble..
3] See #1..
4] If you're really looking for advice, take the same advice that actually worked for Roy Devin Marble: Spend the next year getting SERIOUS about basketball working harder than you ever knew possible to improve every facet of your game (especially D). Then come back next year and prove you belong. RDM went from #1 here, to actually starting a couple of games (I know he was never a big star but he did make it).

We just have to find a way to split up the commission for this advice to you. If you're getting any advice different from anyone else, you have the wrong evaluators.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
I am offering the advice of this board to Mr Sandfort (for the appropriate commission of course) for his NBA evaluation. To summarize (and I actually agree with this for once):
1] Are you kidding me
2] Assuming you're being serious, you're not quick enough, you play no defense, you have limited ability to create off the dribble..
3] See #1..
4] If you're really looking for advice, take the same advice that actually worked for Roy Devin Marble: Spend the next year getting SERIOUS about basketball working harder than you ever knew possible to improve every facet of your game (especially D). Then come back next year and prove you belong. RDM went from #1 here, to actually starting a couple of games (I know he was never a big star but he did make it).

We just have to find a way to split up the commission for this advice to you. If you're getting any advice different from anyone else, you have the wrong evaluators.
A) you're not very intelligent.
B) Peyton is extremely intelligent.
C) If I were his parents, I would have advised him to do exactly this.

There are mock drafts out now that have him early in the 2nd round. I won't be shocked if he gives it a shot, he graduates next month.

1] Are you kidding me
3] See #1..

1&3 completely agree. I literally laughed out loud when I saw this on the Home Screen. My girlfriend heard me laughing and asked me what was so funny. Instead of explaining I made something up.

I'm not saying he's going to play in the NBA or stick around and become a college superstar or anything, but some of you have clearly never watched him play. He's much more than just a shooter and a much better player than you give him credit for.

He'll be back with the Hawkeyes next season. If we could get a stellar guard and a decent big man through the portal, we could be a pretty good team next year.
With NIL, you might need to bring your expectations down a notch or two. I still think Perkins is the best guard that Iowa could get. Offer him $200K-300K, and then maybe look for a decent PG or center. Or, hope that Mulvey's time off has allowed him to develop.

I watch little NBA BB nowadays, but since most of the time little defense is played, maybe Payton does have a spot where he can come of the bench and chuck up a few 3s every game.

I watch little NBA BB nowadays, but since most of the time little defense is played, maybe Payton does have a spot where he can come of the bench and chuck up a few 3s every game.
“I don’t watch the NBA but let me tell you about the way they play defense.”

Always funny seeing people who don’t watch the Association comment on it.

“I don’t watch the NBA but let me tell you about the way they play defense.”

Always funny seeing people who don’t watch the Association comment on it.
I used to watch regularly, but after watching the beard's brand of BB in Houston for a couple of years, I stopped watching as much. If you think a lot of defense is played until the final minutes of many games or until it gets close to playoff time, I guess I will defer to your opinion. It sure wasn't happening in the games I have seen.

I used to watch regularly, but after watching the beard's brand of BB in Houston for a couple of years, I stopped watching as much. If you think a lot of defense is played until the final minutes of many games or until it gets close to playoff time, I guess I will defer to your opinion. It sure wasn't happening in the games I have seen.
The current Rockets are the #8 defensive team in the league & easy to like. Much more enjoyable to watch than the Morey/Harden Rockets.

Reactions: HoustonREDHawk
The current Rockets are the #8 defensive team in the league & easy to like. Much more enjoyable to watch than the Morey/Harden Rockets.
Houston if finally going to have some sports teams other than the Astros to watch. Rockets and Texans are both going to be very competitive for a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT