ADVERTISEMENT

Well, hell. Now what? (Dog bit me) - 2nd Update: #353

I joined the dog bite club a couple months ago. Next door neighbor got an overweight rescue Rottweiler and it goes crazy anytime I am outside, which irritates the owner. So one evening he told me to come over to the fence and we would put this to bed. I asked him if he was serious and he said yes, the dog wouldn't dare do anything with him around. He told him to sit and he did and I stood at the fence talking for a bit and then he said to pet him. I didn't want to but I reached my hand over and he was on it so fast. Two big bleeding holes, one on top and one in the palm. His GF is a nurse and she said I had no choice but to go to urgent care and that they would have to report it, so they knew that. I went in and they said the bites were too deep not to stitch, so they scrubbed them out like crazy and stitched them loosely and put me on an antibiotic. By the next day the pain was unbelievable and my hand and arm started swelling and the hand was unusable. Could barely work. Finally went to our onsite clinic and they told me to go straight to an ER, that infection was spreading up the arm. So I went to the local ER, was there from 2:15pm to 9pm and the IV drip was 3.5 hours. The police had forgotten to make sure the owner had proof of rabies, so the ER doc called the cops and they got the proof and took it to the ER, otherwise they were starting rabies shots. They also put me on a second antibiotic. Everything went well after that. The dog is still next door and still hates me. Goes nuts if just he is out but if the owner is, he is pretty good.

I joined the dog bite club a couple months ago. Next door neighbor got an overweight rescue Rottweiler and it goes crazy anytime I am outside, which irritates the owner. So one evening he told me to come over to the fence and we would put this to bed. I asked him if he was serious and he said yes, the dog wouldn't dare do anything with him around. He told him to sit and he did and I stood at the fence talking for a bit and then he said to pet him. I didn't want to but I reached my hand over and he was on it so fast. Two big bleeding holes, one on top and one in the palm. His GF is a nurse and she said I had no choice but to go to urgent care and that they would have to report it, so they knew that. I went in and they said the bites were too deep not to stitch, so they scrubbed them out like crazy and stitched them loosely and put me on an antibiotic. By the next day the pain was unbelievable and my hand and arm started swelling and the hand was unusable. Could barely work. Finally went to our onsite clinic and they told me to go straight to an ER, that infection was spreading up the arm. So I went to the local ER, was there from 2:15pm to 9pm and the IV drip was 3.5 hours. The police had forgotten to make sure the owner had proof of rabies, so the ER doc called the cops and they got the proof and took it to the ER, otherwise they were starting rabies shots. They also put me on a second antibiotic. Everything went well after that. The dog is still next door and still hates me. Goes nuts if just he is out but if the owner is, he is pretty good.
Fill us in on the sequel when it finally gets out of their yard.

While I understand what I’m typing is probably illegal I would have zero remorse about personally putting that dog down

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT