ADVERTISEMENT

Well **** I guess Iowa FB never changes. Looks like we are in for another year of QB crap

Either a string of really bad luck or our coaching of QB's has been terrible since Beathard. Stanley was pretty good. Seems like Iowa has had many QB's have their best year as a sophomore or junior then regress.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Greg Davis and Brian Ferentz may have had something to do with it.

Last edited:
Either a string of really bad luck or our coaching of QB's has been terrible since Beathard. Stanley was pretty good. Seems like Iowa has had many QB's have their best year as a sophomore or junior then regress.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Greg Davis and Brian Ferentz may have had something to do with it.
Anyone who has experienced a major knee injury is skeptical of Case. NW fans giggled about their loss og qb to Iowa We'll see.

Kirk doesn’t sound committed to Cade as starter, and that’s fine with me. I trust Lester with that position, and Sullivan was recruited by Lester, so he’s probably a better fit. From what the beat reporters have said, Cade isn’t just “off”, he’s Jake C. level “where the fück was he throwing it?!” bad.

On the plus side, the OL and running have repeatedly look quite good. And our defense is still going to be stout.

Fire Brian.

An article that I read pointed out the Cade was playing against the first team defense, while Sullivan was playing against the second team.
Which is cool and all, but if he looks like shit against our D, then he's going to look like shit against other high calibur D's on our schedule like Ohio State, Nebraska, or even ISU.

I feel like Stanley was severely underrated. I thought he was very good. Remember when he threw for like 350 yards and 5 TD’s at ISU? I don’t think we threw for 5 TD’s all year last year?

I think he’s Kirk’s fourth best QB behind Banks/Tate/Beathard. Yes, better than Stanzi.

As for this year, I feel like there are going to be growing pains. Remember 2012 with Davis’s first year? But if we can somehow eek out an additional TD per game, that should help the defense immensely. Now, can we do that? I have my doubts.

Well...here's how I look at it.

New OC, new offense, new terminology, etc. So, even with Cade and Sullivan having B10 playing experience - any reasonable expectation with regards to how they're doing not even halfway through camp against a VERY salty defense - yeah, I'd bet they're struggling at this time.

Thankfully, they are going FCS Illinois State for the first game. And it wouldn't surprise me one bit that both play regardless of how the game goes.

I feel like Stanley was severely underrated. I thought he was very good. Remember when he threw for like 350 yards and 5 TD’s at ISU? I don’t think we threw for 5 TD’s all year last year?

I think he’s Kirk’s fourth best QB behind Banks/Tate/Beathard. Yes, better than Stanzi.

As for this year, I feel like there are going to be growing pains. Remember 2012 with Davis’s first year? But if we can somehow eek out an additional TD per game, that should help the defense immensely. Now, can we do that? I have my doubts.
Stanley was very underated, but he also followed CJB. That's the downside of being the guy that follows "the guy."

Unfortunately it wasn't until we saw Petras/McNamara/Hill until we realized he was pretty good.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT