ADVERTISEMENT

Welp….

You realize I've called out about half a dozen of these PSU handles for the same thing and none of them have denied it, right? The typical response is "Iowa's daddy" or "I post when I feel like it" from the trolls (yes, they are trolls).

If you think it's just a coincidence most of these PSU clowns stopped interacting on this board during the 2020 and 2021 seasons, you're fooling yourself.

Spare us the faux outrage just because one of the PSU posters went off the rails lol.
I don't realize because I truly don't give a shit. I refuse to dig into their posting history, much less yours. It's fascinating that's where your priorities lie.

And there is no "faux outrage" on my end, I'm simply calling out your lunacy. There's SEVERAL Hawk posters on here that go on extreme hiatuses, will you call them "fair-weather fans" when they return?

Reactions: vhsalum
I don't realize because I truly don't give a shit. I refuse to dig into their posting history, much less yours. It's fascinating that's where your priorities lie.

And there is no "faux outrage" on my end, I'm simply calling out your lunacy. There's SEVERAL Hawk posters on here that go on extreme hiatuses, will you call them "fair-weather fans" when they return?
Well, I'm glad you find me so fascinating.

You should go check out the Chael thread and look at who you are sticking up for right now lol.

Well, I'm glad you find me so fascinating.

You should go check out the Chael thread and look at who you are sticking up for right now lol.
I'm not defending him or the nonsense on that page, which is why I haven't commented on any of it.

I'm simply pointing out the absurdedy of your original argument. Nothing more, nothing less.

He can be an asshat in one thread (which he is) and have a valid point in another. Those two aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm not defending him or the nonsense on that page, which is why I haven't commented on any of it.

I'm simply pointing out the absurdedy of your original argument. Nothing more, nothing less.

He can be an asshat in one thread (which he is) and have a valid point in another. Those two aren't mutually exclusive.
The "absurdity" of pointing out the facts - lol, okay, dude.

You can just admit you overreacted and move on.

What facts? You injected arbitrary data points and tried to pass them off as absolute certainties.

And I am moving on, dude.
The FACT that he didn't post a single time during the entire 2020-21 season when Iowa was undoubtedly the best team in the country, just like dozens of other PSU trolls on this board.

And what exactly constitutes an 'arbitrary data point' to you? He claimed to love discussing wrestling, so I questioned why he vanished from the forum during Iowa's reign as the top team. He got defensive, but my point remains valid. It's convenient to engage in discussions and share opinions about Iowa wrestling when you're on top, looking down at us. Most of these trolls disappeared when the tables were turned, and I find it amusing to point it out. The mere fact that this annoys you so much is rather odd.

No he didn't. A better looking broad entered the chat.
I'm not saying that isn't true, but he left a good HC gig to take Associate HC at his alma mater. I'm sure there were discussions about him taking over after John Smith. Why else would he leave UNC?

I'm not saying that isn't true, but he left a good HC gig to take Associate HC at his alma mater. I'm sure there were discussions about him taking over after John Smith. Why else would he leave UNC?
There were absolutely no guarantees given.

Not by John, not by the administration. Coleman has always believed that he would be the next okiest coach. To the point of saying so out loud in (somewhat) distinguished company.

Reactions: cearle462
There were absolutely no guarantees given.

Not by John, not by the administration. Coleman has always believed that he would be the next okiest coach. To the point of saying so out loud in (somewhat) distinguished company.
Discussions. Not guarantees.

Are you so insecure that other wrestling fans can't join in the discussions here?
I can always go to The Open Mat for general wrestling discussions. This is a Hawkeye wrestling board. Try to be more respectful on this space.
Are you so intrusive that you can't let Hawkeye fans have their own board? Why must other team's fans try to dominate this one? At least the PSU board gets some moderation so that their board doesn't get so polluted with trolls (like you).

Last edited:
Discussions. Not guarantees.

Yeah. no.

He knew from the beginning that they would open up the search. He knew that from John, he knew that from the administration. They were VERY clear that his hiring did not make head coach in waiting.

John would not/could not/did not pick his successor. The admin gave Coleman no "discussions" that he was heir apparent.

Also, no one knew John would retire this past year. It was assumed he was going to do another 2-6 years. I didn't think he'd leave for another 10 when he hired Coleman, because he could do less with him in the room.

Coleman BELIEVED he was the guy. And he's believed he's the best guy for the job for a long time. He also thought that leaving UNC would give him a legs up and the pay raise was nice as well. And until DT's last second turnabout - Coleman was going to be the next HC of OSU. He certainly thought so until last monday at about 1930 CST.

Coleman didn't get screwed. Period. OSU did what a top 3 program is supposed to do. Conduct a thorough search for the best candidate.

I can always go to The Open Mat for general wrestling discussions. This is a Hawkeye wrestling board. Try to be more respectful on this space.
Are you so intrusive that you can't let Hawkeye fans have their own board? Why must other team's fans try to dominate this one? At least the PSU board gets some moderation so that their board doesn't get so polluted with trolls.
You need a safe space? Dang.

You realize I've called out about half a dozen of these PSU handles for the same thing and none of them have denied it, right? The typical response is "Iowa's daddy" or "I post when I feel like it" from the trolls (yes, they are trolls).

If you think it's just a coincidence most of these PSU clowns stopped interacting on this board during the 2020 and 2021 seasons, you're fooling yourself.

Spare us the faux outrage just because one of the PSU posters went off the rails lol.

I never took time off. In fact, I'm certain I was banned several times during those years. If Im gonna be honest, I post less here now that I did back then. I'm transitioning towards the board that represents PSUs new "greatest threat"....

Edit..Now that I think about it, I was even here entering and during Spencers last season when you all were certain Iowa was going to repeat. Had a great time telling you all it wasn't happening and EXACTLY why it wasnt going to happen...

Ok, back to the OSU board for me. Nice talk....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: doubleboots
Yeah. no.

He knew from the beginning that they would open up the search. He knew that from John, he knew that from the administration. They were VERY clear that his hiring did not make head coach in waiting.

John would not/could not/did not pick his successor. The admin gave Coleman no "discussions" that he was heir apparent.

Also, no one knew John would retire this past year. It was assumed he was going to do another 2-6 years. I didn't think he'd leave for another 10 when he hired Coleman, because he could do less with him in the room.

Coleman BELIEVED he was the guy. And he's believed he's the best guy for the job for a long time. He also thought that leaving UNC would give him a legs up and the pay raise was nice as well. And until DT's last second turnabout - Coleman was going to be the next HC of OSU. He certainly thought so until last monday at about 1930 CST.

Coleman didn't get screwed. Period. OSU did what a top 3 program is supposed to do. Conduct a thorough search for the best candidate.
Yup. Willie and your very own Adam Fellers had a good discussion on this I believe (or maybe it was FRL). It sounded like another alum - I’ve got a very strong hunch it was Pendleton - was offered the same “deal” CS was and didn’t bite because it contained no assurances he would be the guy to take over

Yup. Willie and your very own Adam Fellers had a good discussion on this I believe (or maybe it was FRL). It sounded like another alum - I’ve got a very strong hunch it was Pendleton - was offered the same “deal” CS was and didn’t bite because it contained no assurances he would be the guy to take over
It was Pendleton

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
So Coleman did or didn't take himself out of the running by stealing funds? Wild rumor that was posted that seems completely unbelievable, but I don't know why anyone would make that up.

Yeah. no.

I'm sure there are some truths in here but you don't actually think people view you as credible, do you?

• Haha
Well, he probably didn’t know OSU contacted the cesspool to help with the search and they we couldn’t share our recommendations with Iowa for professional reasons.

Coleman apparently misappropriated funds.
He misappropriated funds at UNC or Okie St?
Where are you getting this information?

I think OK State.
The comment out of Oklahoma State was that "Coleman screwed Coleman" out of any chance for the OSU job and that the billionaire was never going to give any money to OSU if Scott became coach. Don't know how true but billionaires don't give away money without strings that produce results. The billionaire reached out to DT a year ago to test the waters, so DT was certainly not unknown and possibly the ultimate goal the whole time. DT put forth a vision and the billionaire liked it enough to fund it to the likely tune of $25-35M. Those are the tea leaves I've read.

Reactions: KYHWKY and el dub
If I'm Beth G I call Jordan Burroughs today. She needs to fight fire with fire. But if that call is made I'm sure Manning brings in Burroughs this off season to his staff, gives Burroughs the head coach in waiting title, and steps down in a year or two. I've reached the apathy level with Iowa wrestling. Zero forward thinking, the inability to change or accept new ideas or concepts. Blindly loyal. Tom is the captain of the Titanic and thinks there's no way hitting the iceberg will sink his ship.
Hate to say it but Jordan is not the answer. You guys need an innovator. Ben Askren all the way. Plus, he was born in Iowa. Throw him enough money, I’m sure he would come

Reactions: MVPFAN
Dude, we've had two individual national champions in the past 10 years. Back to back extremely poor recruiting classes. Our 45 million dollar wrestling facility looks like it was designed by Edgar Allen Poe.

If anyone in this program is waving the white flag and accepting the fact we can't compete for championships anymore, then they need walked out immediately.
“. Our 45 million dollar wrestling facility looks like it was designed by Edgar Allen Po.”
that was a good one

Reactions: el dub
It's not like Cael was setting the world on fire at ISU. He did have name recognition and his recruiting Taylor to PSU started his lagacy. I can see the same thing at OSU if the NIL is there.
NIL is there. As well as an endowment for the coaching staff and the RTC.

Although I agree that it is most likely the right hire for them, Coleman had done a lot to show he could do very well at OkState. On top of that, you have the alumni loyalty factor where I don't think any job would lure him away.

No matter what anyone says, I absolutely believe PSU and OSU are legit concerns if they were to come after DT. Both have college or high school connections for him and are inarguably in areas rich with top notch wrestling in their backyards. Not only would they probably be the 2 clearly most desirable jobs, but they also fit right into his history...
Letting Coleman go was very difficult. Him in the room last year made a HUGE change in the atmosphere. I was very sad we passed on him. The entire coaching staff were lights-out. To make a change and have no wrestlers transfer out, is insane. If DT hadn’t been hired, no one else would have been acceptable

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT