ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the natural predator of a woodpecker?

HROT

HR Heisman
Nov 5, 2006
I have one in my enclave. Man is it annoying.

Is this my chance to convince the wife I need to get into falconry?

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
I have one in my enclave. Man is it annoying.

Is this my chance to convince the wife I need to get into falconry?

O_ScNR.gif

figure out why they're getting into your house, if you got some bugs or shit in your walls.

foil streamers can help.

Reactions: ping72
At my old place there was a woodpecker that would rail on the neighbor's chimney cap. Just beak on metal banging for hours. Never made any sense.
Same here. The jerk also banged on a transformer box atop a light pole across from our house. My elderly, no-pics neighbor last said it’s the males trying to attract and impress the ladies during mating season. Not sure whether that’s true, but I bought it.

Reactions: millah_22
I love woodpeckers. One of my neighbors topped an evergreen that was dying to keep something in his yard for them to enjoy. I see them all the time pecking away on it, and I put out suet designed to attract them in the Winter. I get lots of woodpecker visitors.
CSB

Given the broad scope of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, it is clear that woodpeckers are indeed protected in Iowa. This means that activities such as hunting, trapping, or disturbing these birds, their nests, or their eggs are prohibited without the appropriate permits or permissions.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
Same here. The jerk also banged on a transformer box atop a light pole across from our house. My elderly, no-pics neighbor last said it’s the males trying to attract and impress the ladies during mating season. Not sure whether that’s true, but I bought it.
Nothing attracts the females like showing how well you can handle the old pecker...

I would imagine a snake would eat a woodpecker. Throw some plastic snakes up there and see if that does the trick, OP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT