ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the worst thing you found in your food?

sddefault.jpg

hq720.jpg

I think for me personally it was a long dark hair in a piece of Sbarro pizza at the mall. I took it back to the window and the two girls both contended it wasn't theirs. We went round and round. My daughter once found a dead fly in her Mexican food.

I got a tea from Wendy’s one time and slurped something up that felt like a loogie.
I looked in the cup and it was full of slime and chunks of mold. Obviously the staff was just refilling the tea dispenser, but never cleaning it.

Haven’t been to a Wendy’s since and that was over ten years ago.

Soda machines can be tough to clean.

My wife found a clipped fingernail on her burger one time. What’s the nastiest thing you’ve found in yours?
Other than hair in food, a green twisty in my salad. The kind that are used on bags of bread. Not that gross, but I was chewing on metal and it does give me pause as to all of the gross things I know I have unwittingly ingested during my life.

Reactions: stickman80
A piece of blonde hair in my pancake. I started pulling it out, it was super long and felt like forever before it was out. They made a new pancake.

No pic wife always finds things in her salads at all restaurants…metal staple, dead grasshopper, dead cricket, dead fly, and banding from a box. Her luck isn’t so good. Me, hair that I’ve either seen or haven’t until eating then pulling out a long hair. All in all, disgusting……

gross-jim-carrey.gif

Did anyone complain to the restaurant owners about the stuff in your food?

What happened?

A piece of plastic in my BK chicken sandwich probably 20 years ago. A really thick chunk of vein in a Taco Bell taco that I thought was a rubber band until looking closer, also around 20 years ago. Multiple hairs over the years. A dead fly in a salad. Basically the whole piece of cartilage from in between the chicken breasts in a taco from our local Mexican place when we first moved to town. They apologized and gave me a new one. So nothing too gross, but they all made me lose my appetite.

Way back when I was a kid, my mom served Steakums which had just come out. We were a clean your plate family, almost no exceptions except at some point they went to try everything on your plate for my youngest brother since he would fall asleep at the table long after we had eaten (and he is still that stubborn). She was doing other stuff and getting really mad that we were complaining and not eating it. Then she sat down and tried it and didn't say anything, but started taking our plates and heated up soup and got out sandwich stuff. She thought it had to be spoiled or rotten, but I think that is just how bad it was. We never tried it again.

Did anyone complain to the restaurant owners about the stuff in your food?

What happened?
Always made the wait staff aware of what happened. Manager always came over to apologize and wife would get a replacement meal at no charge. A few places gave us a free dinner the next time we came into their place as a couple. We never expected free meals, just her meal replaced. Tried to not make a big deal out of it.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I'd rather not know the many things I've likely ingested over the years. For me, I get quite pissed when I nearly crack a tooth on a bone fragment that made it into my hamburger, bratwurst or pork patty.

The sheer amount of stuff found in y’alls food shows HROT is full of fat ppl.
Or when people go out to eat, stuff is found in their meals. I’m 6’ 1”, 210 while the no pic wife is 5’ 4” and 110. We eat lots of salads when we go out with shrimp, chicken, or steak so can’t say fat people all the time. What about you Arnold?

A friend of mine made a really tasty jambalaya and brought it over to a dinner party we hosted a few years ago.

We had “mood lighting” in effect in the dining room, so it was kinda dark.

I ate like 2 1/2 helpings because the jambalaya was so good.

The next day, in the bright kitchen, I went to eat some of the leftover jambalaya. Literally every other spoonful had a couple dog hairs in it (I’d forgotten my friend had two shedding siberian huskies and was terrible housekeeper)

I’m pretty sure the night prior I ingested a small pup’s worth of dog hair 🤢🤮

Not me but a coworker once showed up late to work even though he lived like 5 minutes away. He been puking or trying to not puke for 20 minutes or so according to him.
He had ingested cat hair with his morning cereal. Apparently his wife after giving their kitten milk mistakingly put the bowl on their designated clean side of the sink.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT