ADVERTISEMENT

What are your recurring nightmares?

I'm in Brazil and can't get home on the airplane. I've had the dream so many times I've learned to stop even trying to rush to get to the plane and just enjoy the shopping at the town center I somehow always find myself in. Decent chance I miss the flight home if I ever go back to Brazil but I just got ****ing sick and tired of worrying about missing that flight.

Always the same, bag is too heavy, don't have all my stuff, panic.... don't care anymore ship that bullshit.

1045225134.jpg.jpg

Aside from the usual horrible ones where something happens to your wife/kids I mean.

I have one where I’m sitting at a poker table and keep misreading my hole cards. Sometimes because I’m drunk, sometimes I swear I’m sober. I’ll look down and confirm a good hand, bet it, and when I look down again it’s rags.

Also have one where I’m going down in a plane crash. That one has developed into a meta-nightmare, where I’m in it and thinking wow I’ve had a nightmare about this but it’s actually coming true.

images

having a bunch of these bastages crawling on me…

I had one as a child about being at the beach with my parents and an enormous tidal wave came up out of nowhere. My Dad yelled RUN but y’all know in dreams you can’t really run fast. I always woke up before it got us. But every once in a blue moon I still have them.
YouTubes of giant waves still get me and the ones that passengers on cruise ships who got them on videos terrify me.

As a kid, my nightmare was sitting in a wood paneled station wagon in our garage, looking out the middle seat window to see Harry from Harry and the Henderson's stick his head over the roof of the car, and into the window. Never made it past that point in the dream, and I couldn't tell you the last time I had it. It always scared me, but the movie never did? Strange.

I'm driving on a busy road, but instead of having a windshield view, I'm in overhead view and I have no access to the brake or gas pedal. It's a complete panic but I never crash or hit anything.

I have one where I'm falling, always wakes me right up.

The other is someone is chasing me, and I'm fighting them off and don't know why they are attacking me.

Used to have a recurring nightmare but not recently.

Involved tornados.

I'd look out the window and see one, sometimes two or three tornados coming towards the house.

I'd run to the basement. Shortly after I'd come up only to find ANOTHER tornado(s) very close to the house.

So close that it would be a struggle to get downstairs in time.

Kept repeating.

Aside from the usual horrible ones where something happens to your wife/kids I mean.

I have one where I’m sitting at a poker table and keep misreading my hole cards. Sometimes because I’m drunk, sometimes I swear I’m sober. I’ll look down and confirm a good hand, bet it, and when I look down again it’s rags.

Also have one where I’m going down in a plane crash. That one has developed into a meta-nightmare, where I’m in it and thinking wow I’ve had a nightmare about this but it’s actually coming true.
I have the same poker dreams; the cards will always change because numbers and letters do not remain static during dream states, they regenerate/ re-manifest themselves whenever your attention returns to them.

It’s 4 o clock and I have 6 loaded concrete trucks on site waiting for the pump to show. It’s getting dark and I can’t find the number to call a different pump…

#2 I’m on a tee box but can’t find a spot to tee the ball where there’s not some object in the way of my backswing. I finally have to chip sideways and play a second shot…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT