ADVERTISEMENT

What do we know about Soldier Salute?

Can we expect Spencer to get a couple matches? People thought I was crazy for suggesting he may go against Iowa State. His knees didn't seem to bother him, more so his conditioning. It would be a good opportunity to get a couple matches in on the same day. Preparation for Big Tens and Nationals.
Interesting, that… RW looked the way I’d hope someone coming off a major injury would look, unless he was able to maintain conditioning better than SL due to nature of injury.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Is the competition of this tournament worth it? I know the midlands was going downhill with teams moving to the scuffle.

Interesting, that… RW looked the way I’d hope someone coming off a major injury would look, unless he was able to maintain conditioning better than SL due to nature of injury.
Even Spencer Lee needs more than 1 match per month to build a gas tank back up.

Reactions: wrestlecrazy
That’s pretty cool. In general, this tournament is pretty weak. Matches are matches, but dang it this isn’t what we are used to. National duals and midlands were primers. Disagree with me, but like we say.. iron sharpens iron
It's got to start somewhere. It will get better competition every year. I really believe this will end up being a high level tournament. Just might take a little time.

That’s pretty cool. In general, this tournament is pretty weak. Matches are matches, but dang it this isn’t what we are used to. National duals and midlands were primers. Disagree with me, but like we say.. iron sharpens iron
As noted, there's no doubt the strength of the field will improve. For those of us in and around Iowa City who could never attend Midlands due to work, it's great to be able to see the Hawks live over the holidays right here in our own backyard.

As noted, there's no doubt the strength of the field will improve. For those of us in and around Iowa City who could never attend Midlands due to work, it's great to be able to see the Hawks live over the holidays right here in our own backyard.
I always loved Midlands….. went many times….. was a quality tournament….. if this can eventually rival that and be in Corralville and include the women …… that’s outstanding work on Luke Eustices part big time……. He’s done outstanding things promoting the sport in our area

I always loved Midlands….. went many times….. was a quality tournament….. if this can eventually rival that and be in Corralville and include the women …… that’s outstanding work on Luke Eustices part big time……. He’s done outstanding things promoting the sport in our area
Oh I understand. Just seems lately we haven’t had a grind tourney for the guys while others scuffle etc. gotta start somewhere. It’s 8 miles from me now and my wife’s Xmas in chi every year at this time. I need a side piece.

Oh I understand. Just seems lately we haven’t had a grind tourney for the guys while others scuffle etc. gotta start somewhere. It’s 8 miles from me now and my wife’s Xmas in chi every year at this time. I need a side piece.

For every year people said the Scuffle was better than the midlands, 9 times out of 10 the actual statistics said otherwise.

83% of all stats are made up, of course. But you get the idea. I think the Coralville tourney will get better every year.

For every year people said the Scuffle was better than the midlands, 9 times out of 10 the actual statistics said otherwise.

83% of all stats are made up, of course. But you get the idea. I think the Coralville tourney will get better every year.
Four out of five dentists…

Reactions: Spoons
No Teske, Brands, Cobe Seibricht. Swafford going unattached so must be expecting Brands back yet this year. Ayala is worth the price of admission, love watching him wrestle. Good to see Murin in there. 3 days.

I agree, good sign that Swafford is unattached, hopefully that means 1) Brands can return and 2) Swafford looks to wrestle 23-24.

Someone had said earlier in this thread Iowa HS wrestlers not allowed to enter open college tournaments.
He’s not a high school wrestler, technically. What are they going to do, disqualify him from State?

Trackwrestling.com now has full list of entries. Gotta be honest, not a strong looking field for the men. Iowa should roll.

Women's side should have some very, very good semis/finals at a few weights. 136 and 143 have some hammers.

I don't think he was saying that he is a high school senior, I think he was pointing out the oddity that high schoolers can participate but not Iowa high schoolers.
How about an Iowa HS wrestler who enters on their own, for example under Sebolt’s club, not as a wrestler from a HS team?

Trackwrestling.com now has full list of entries. Gotta be honest, not a strong looking field for the men. Iowa should roll.

Women's side should have some very, very good semis/finals at a few weights. 136 and 143 have some hammers.
Link?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT