ADVERTISEMENT

What is the Republican Policy that will stop inflation?

What a lively thread, but here's the official Republican policy for combatting inflation:

Blame the Democrats for it or just make up some other insane shit that will shift the focus of their deplorable base away from it (voter fraud, CRT, transgender agenda, etc.)

It's really not hard for them to convince and persuade their collective mouthbreathers to take the bait.

Tax cuts for corporations and the ultra-wealthy. Science has proven this is the solution to every economic crisis this country has ever faced.
Science says as long as they call it the “Inflation Reduction Tax Cut Act” they should be good.

They could also move the goalposts to the second derivative. So instead of saying “there is no new inflation”, they could say “there is zero new, new inflation since enacting our policies”.

Or just explain we’re still in the “transitory” phase touted by the Dems.

Reactions: Banditking
The economy is moving. Too fast in fact. Hence the inflation. Not sure how you think those things effect inflation.
No. You have too many dollars chasing too few goods. That’s why there’s inflation. There are too many dollars because democrats keep printing money and giving it away. And, we also had lockdowns and artificial elements which crushed supply.

• Haha
Reactions: Ree4
I posted the answer.

Don't blame me if our leaders don't do it.
Exactly right. That’s the answer. And some doofus responded to you regarding tax cuts being fuel on the fire. You didn’t mention tax cuts. The inflation reduction act was foolish. We also didn’t need all of the “stimulus” measures.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
They do? During what this board called the greatest economic times the country has ever seen (I.e, the Donald Trump administration) we had a trillion dollar deficit. You had Paul Ryan’s tax cuts without a cut in spending. Don’t see how your opinion is based in fact.
Tax cuts increase revenue frequently. Cutting spending without democrat cooperation is a challenge. Trump spent too much. Didn’t like his economic policy. But, the party calling for massive giveaways is largely the democrats. Always has been.

trumps spending and his populism is why I’ve previously argued that he’s very similar to Bernie sanders.

Do note, the most recent dem spending spree is arguably the largest in our nations history.

• Haha
Reactions: Ree4
Tax cuts increase revenue frequently. Cutting spending without democrat cooperation is a challenge. Trump spent too much. Didn’t like his economic policy. But, the party calling for massive giveaways is largely the democrats. Always has been.
I’m going to suggest that both parties call for massive give aways. It’s just to different people. And the curve the Lafger drew on a cocktail napkin, which became the economic platform of the GOP since the early 80’s, is not an accurate economic model n

I’m going to suggest that both parties call for massive give aways. It’s just to different people. And the curve the Lafger drew on a cocktail napkin, which became the economic platform of the GOP since the early 80’s, is not an accurate economic model n
The most recent spending bills are amongst the largest in history. That’s all on Dems. And, they wanted it to be bigger. Hardly inspires confidence in their reasonableness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Titus Andronicus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT