ADVERTISEMENT

What Is The Scoop on Minnesota?

Yep...they lost to NC and their 2nd string QB.
Iowa should win easily, but KF is on the sideline, so it probably comes down to the final possession in the 4th quarter.
i did not know unc played its backup. was it for most of the game? i’m now hoping their d isn’t as good as the ranking suggests.

I feel it is hard to tell three games in against mostly weak competition, but what do you guys think of them?

I really have little idea what they have except the most eccentric coach in college football.

all I want is a win. I am not looking for or expecting a repeat performance fromthe infamous Metrodome Delight of 16 years ago, but if there is a repeat performance planned, I'd kind of like to be there. It might be more interesting than the game itself.
Damn site easier to get the goal posts out of the stadium now. I could use a hood laugh.

Yep...they lost to NC and their 2nd string QB.
Iowa should win easily, but KF is on the sideline, so it probably comes down to the final possession in the 4th quarter.
Minnesota loses to 3-0 unc.
Iowa loses to 2-0 Iowa state.
The delusion is real

It’s not a gimme win.
Iowa is only 2 point favorites. Easily is the wrong word here.

The under will hit both offenses are a bigger crime than Biden’s border policies

Reactions: HawkinMN
The delusion is real

It’s not a gimme win.

The under will hit both offenses are a bigger crime than Biden’s border policies
I was intrigued by your comments until your last paragraph.

Then I thought to myself "That guy's an idiot".

Don't be an idiot.

The delusion is real

It’s not a gimme win.

Go Away Do Not Want GIF

Take it to the OT page.

So far, Iowa has played better teams.

ISU > UNC
Troy > Nevada
Illinois State > Rhode Island

Listened to College Football with Sam where he broke down the game, the Goofs average around 3 yards per carry, while we average 6. They have 7 recorded sacks and most of them are not from a defensive lineman. All this shows that Iowa will win in the trenches.

If Iowa runs the ball well and controls time of possession, we should win. I don't think the Goofs have a very good offense at all. Easily much worse than the Clowns. If they can't run, then I suspect they'll try to pick on TJ Hall with dinking and dunking.

Like always, this will probably be an ugly slugfest. Hopefully we Kaleb Johnson can gash them for some yards to open up the passing game.

Reactions: thunderstruck1

ISU > UNC
Troy > Nevada

Listened to College Football with Sam where he broke down the game, the Goofs average around 3 yards per carry, while we average 6. They have 7 recorded sacks and most of them are not from a defensive lineman. All this shows that Iowa will win in the trenches.

If Iowa runs the ball well and controls time of possession, we should win. I don't think the Goofs have a very good offense at all. Easily much worse than the Clowns. If they can't run, then I suspect they'll try to pick on TJ Hall with dinking and dunking.

Like always, this will probably be an ugly slugfest. Hopefully we Kaleb Johnson can gash them for some yards to open up the passing game.
Yup. The only thing I would add is they seem to have a lot of picks, but I have not looked into what kind of QB's they got those picks from either.

ISU > UNC
Troy > Nevada

Minnesota is giving up 74.3 yards/game rushing, 20th in the country. Iowa is #3 at 56.3 yards/game. Seems like the game will be won or lost in the trenches. They shouldn't be able to run on us. Can they stop our run?

Minnesota is giving up 74.3 yards/game rushing, 20th in the country. Iowa is #3 at 56.3 yards/game. Seems like the game will be won or lost in the trenches. They shouldn't be able to run on us. Can they stop our run?
Well, it has been said that they are using the passing game to open the run game this year (as their run game is not the greatest) and that is exactly how I would play them, because in their minds our run game is what they have to stop to have a shot in this game. So we need to open the run game with the passing game and not let them stack the box. Who does a better job of that is probably going to win.

Reactions: nelly02
i did not know unc played its backup. was it for most of the game? i’m now hoping their d isn’t as good as the ranking suggests.
Starter, now done for season, was injured midway through 1st half.
I believe that's the time.

Reactions: desihawk
Forget 16 years ago. Let's align this to 22/23 years ago. Iowa led by Brad Banks and Bob Sanders, get beat by Seneca Wallace and the ISU Clones in the 2nd game of the year.

Then they run the f'ing table!

Ending in a 55-0 drubbing of Minnesota and then we tore THEIR goalpost down and carried it out of the Metrodome. 😍🖤💛🍻
Actually we won 45-21 when we carried the goal posts out of the stadium. The 55-0 game was in 2008 when Stanzi was the QB. Go Hawks !

Reactions: fredjr82

ISU > UNC
Troy > Nevada

Troy literally lost to Nevada this season.

Reactions: jhoosh43
Houston played Okla very tight and that game for ISU is at Houston. That could be a loss

Iowa St has to play at Utah which is probably a better team and could be another isu loss

K-State at the end of the year is in Ames but that is a toss up right now.

I could see ISU with 2 to 4 losses but I dont know the teams that well especially their road games at W Virginny and KU.

Anyone familiar with tailgating spots that don’t require a pass? Gladly pay for parking; but wasn't planning on getting a pass for one of the main lots. Years ago there was a location down a big hill that was easily walkable; but don’t recall where it was. I know the fairgrounds also did tailgating but don’t really want to be that far.

6-8 of us from up here are going and we’re just going to hit a bar; but with the night game setting, thinking about tailgating now if someone in the group draws a short straw and willing to drive

Last edited:
Anyone familiar with tailgating spots that don’t require a pass? Gladly pay for parking; but wasn't planning on getting a pass for one of the main lots. Years ago there was a location down a big hill that was easily walkable; but don’t recall where it was. I know the fairgrounds also did tailgating but don’t really want to be that far.

6-8 of us from up here are going and we’re just going to hit a bar; but with the night game setting, thinking about tailgating now if someone in the group draws a short straw and willing to drive
I assume with the fairgrounds you have to do a shuttle to get to stadium and back?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT