ADVERTISEMENT

What, no Bill Maher New Rule thread, yet?

Interesting article. It's pretty much in-step with my life experiences. It's been strange to watch the people of that era in my life and in media slide closer and closer to a Reaganesk worldview.

I was born in 84 and that era had the opposite effect on me, but it took until I was in my early 30's to really grasp who Ronald Reagan was and what made him that way.

I've read that millennials are the "nostalgic geberation", but I think it's the Xers that are better suited to that lebel.

No. Xers are now, but millennials will be in time.

It's human nature

Man, you guys need to watch more fun stuff. I have not watched this stuff in years.

They went off script...unforgivable offense.
And he was canceled by the right years ago (politically incorrect), and is now seen as “correct.”

His comedy has always been mediocre at best for me. Never watched PI (I’m not an old), but will check to see who his guests are for Real Time and/or possibly check out new rules.

I can see why MAGA/GQP types love Maher. He hates anything/anyone WOKE and cries a lot.

Not sure what the issue is. When an idiot says “It’s snowing here. So much for global warming.” You correctly call that person out for being a science denying dumbass.

But if that same person followed it up with “Men can have babies” (something even dumber), you and the entire left pipe up and refuse to call out that insane perversion of science.

It’s just the truth you’re afraid of. Nothing else.

And he was canceled by the right years ago (politically incorrect), and is now seen as “correct.”

His comedy has always been mediocre at best for me. Never watched PI (I’m not an old), but will check to see who his guests are for Real Time and/or possibly check out new rules.
True...I enjoy his show. I like that he has a wide range of guests from different political perspectives...

I can see why MAGA/GQP types love Maher. He hates anything/anyone WOKE and cries a lot.

Two out of touch aging million/billionaires crying about how kids these days don't have their close minded world view.

No. Xers are now, but millennials will be in time.

It's human nature

Man, you guys need to watch more fun stuff. I have not watched this stuff in years.

I don't watch Bill Maher, or any other political 'discussion' format. I was giving an opinion on an article that was posted.

Not sure what the issue is. When an idiot says “It’s snowing here. So much for global warming.” You correctly call that person out for being a science denying dumbass.

But if that same person followed it up with “Men can have babies” (something even dumber), you and the entire left pipe up and refuse to call out that insane perversion of science.

The entire left?

I don’t understand his example for being cancelled for being too woke? Some should be cancelled for saying men can have babies?

I don’t understand his example for being cancelled for being too woke? Some should be cancelled for saying men can have babies?
Well…I’d bet everything I had that in Hollywood/ show business/ celebrity world/ Twitter…you’re way more likely to get ostracized for saying the truth that “Men can’t have babies” than saying something ridiculous like “they can”.

I've never heard anyone claim that men can have babies

• Haha
Reactions: KFsdisciple
Well…I’d bet everything I had that in Hollywood/ show business/ celebrity world/ Twitter…you’re way more likely to get ostracized for saying the truth that “Men can’t have babies” than saying something ridiculous like “they can”.
Well that is a different topic.

What left wing positions does Bill Maher support other than legal pot and gay marriage (which I would argue are only "left wing" because Republicans used to oppose them in big numbers)? Oh and secular government? He was still defending Vietnam war circa Y2K.

I gave up on him over 20 years ago when he turned Neo-Con. I have not watched his show in years.

What left wing positions does Bill Maher support other than legal pot and gay marriage (which I would argue are only "left wing" because Republicans used to oppose them in big numbers)? Oh and secular government? He was still defending Vietnam war circa Y2K.
The environment, shrinking the defense budget, sits in the board of P.E.T.A., believes the 2nd amendment is “bullshit”, for universal health care, against Quanon.

No, I think anyone who punches down is a scumbag. He’s still a barely closeted right winger. One good segment, or 50, isn’t going to change that.
“Punches down”
Gtfo with that get out of jail free card. You’re better than that.

Reparations discussion

Overtime: Killer Mike, Jessica Tarlov, Gov. Chris Sununu | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

MAGA Monthly | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

Monologue: Super Bowl Conspiracy! | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

Big Tech and Child Exploitation | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

Last edited:
Monologue: Check Your Side | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

New Rule: Stop the Spiel | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

Full episode, won’t stay up for long

Last edited:
  • Love
Outside having to be complemented by every guest on his pod about how young he looks and his odd takes in medicine.
He generally hit the nail on the head almost every time.

The Friday Night Crier outsourced this week’s anti-woke bashing to Oprah’s former life coach

Dr. Phil: We've Got Issues | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT