ADVERTISEMENT

What Say You?

Looking back is litteraly all you guys do.

Nebraska is college football's version of "Peaked in High School Rob Lowe".

rob-lowe.jpg

My Dad sent us a box of OS filets. Had one last night and while it was good it wasn't Iowa steak good. I feel like that's the best way to describe Frost coaching abilities.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
First of all no rebuttal will convince you otherwise. It's like a father judging who will win the high school starting QB gig. You can't win a contest you are rigged to lose.

Second and most important is that there isn't any tangible evidence he isn't a good headcoach. He has a very small sample size but he just took a 0-12 team and transformed them into a 13-0 Peach Bowl championship squad over a team that beat Georgia and Alabama handily(further damaging Alabama's resume btw.) in under three years.

So no Omaha steaks are going to be awarded sir. Today isn't about Scott Frost the Nebraska coach. He proved himself as a man of his word, he didn't quit on those kids after taking the Nebraska gig. He finished out a season that those guys will remember forever. Today is for UCF and their players and fans.

Congrats on getting a great coach and more importantly a good man to lead your program.

Reactions: HuskerInIowa
First of all no rebuttal will convince you otherwise. It's like a father judging who will win the high school starting QB gig. You can't win a contest you are rigged to lose.

Second and most important is that there isn't any tangible evidence he isn't a good headcoach. He has a very small sample size but he just took a 0-12 team and transformed them into a 13-0 Peach Bowl championship squad over a team that beat Georgia and Alabama handily(further damaging Alabama's resume btw.) in under three years.

So no Omaha steaks are going to be awarded sir. Today isn't about Scott Frost the Nebraska coach. He proved himself as a man of his word, he didn't quit on those kids after taking the Nebraska gig. He finished out a season that those guys will remember forever. Today is for UCF and their players and fans.

Congrats on getting a great coach and more importantly a good man to lead your program.
You do know that UCF was 10-4, 12-1, and 9-4 before going winless, right, and it wasn’t a one year turnaround.

I think it will go a lot like Harbaugh at Michigan. He will come in hot with Rileys recruits and the new will go away but will get the free pass because he is an alumnus.
So let me get this straight. If we fire him after 4 or 5 years typical NU. If we keep him around then we suck because it's
only because he's alum. It appears your hatred will continue no matter what happens. Correct?

The bar has been set pretty low right now by Riley so it’s hard not to go up from this point. I’d like to see Nebby get back to a good program that’s capable of competing. That’s what the B1G thought they were getting until we have actually seen the true product on the field. We don’t want to hear about history... we want to see quality.

Frost needs to build both lines and get this program a lot tougher. Bringing in some skilled players alone won’t cut it in this league.

Nothing like chest puffing after watching a team not named lil Debby win a game. Wow.

When we start bending you over again in short order, we'll make sure to whisper in your ear "compliments of Little Debbie, cream puff."

Sure would be nice if Frost made the rivalry more competitive. If we can get to the point where it’s a coin toss as to who will win — then I’ll consider Frost a success.

That’s where Iowa is. Middle tier looking to elevate. See if you can get to where we’re at first before you start hollerin about “more National Championships”

Sure would be nice if Frost made the rivalry more competitive. If we can get to the point where it’s a coin toss as to who will win — then I’ll consider Frost a success.

That’s where Iowa is. Middle tier looking to elevate. See if you can get to where we’re at first before you start hollerin about “more National Championships”
I and most level headed NU fans agree.

List your top 3 Anderson Erickson chip dip in order. Mine:

1) Mexican
2) Toasted Onion
3) Party Dip but Chive is closing in

Neb fball’s as boring as the state. Would like to hear others top 3.

You do know that UCF was 10-4, 12-1, and 9-4 before going winless, right, and it wasn’t a one year turnaround.

I do, but it doesn't take away the 0-12 season. Remember they lost a top 3 draft pick at QB.

No guarantee Frost will win at Nebraska but the ledger is heavy in the positive for him so far. Fleck was a hot commodity last year and he found out the BIG isn't the MAC.

Reactions: prag_grenade
Looking back is litteraly all you guys do.
This has to be thread winner, end of story.

How about, in the spirit of RocknRoll’s response, OP sweetens the deal and throws in a vintage 1994 Nebraska Starter jacket? No doubt there are two or three extras hanging in the closet...

Personally I don't get it. The guy comes in for two years soley to use the UCF program as a stepping stone to get the Nebraska job. Why didn't they hire him instead of Riley three years ago? Frost is not some wunderkind kid. He's 42. If I was UCF I would have said bye, you can't coach our bowl game.

Nebraska fans are going to be disappointed. You really think Nebraska is now going to replace tOSU, PSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, etc., etc., etc.?

When we start bending you over again in short order, we'll make sure to whisper in your ear "compliments of Little Debbie, cream puff."

You should maybe go with something more reasonable at first, along the lines of "...when we start holding Iowa under 40 points a game..." Just a suggestion, might be better for the blood pressure.

We're all pulling for you guys, it's been pretty pathetic for a while now.

Reactions: RocknRollface
Personally I don't get it. The guy comes in for two years soley to use the UCF program as a stepping stone to get the Nebraska job. Why didn't they hire him instead of Riley three years ago? Frost is not some wunderkind kid. He's 42. If I was UCF I would have said bye, you can't coach our bowl game.

Nebraska fans are going to be disappointed. You really think Nebraska is now going to replace tOSU, PSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, etc., etc., etc.?
Couple of things. The guy is a good coach. Is he going to bring Nebraska national championships year in and year out? Probably not. But he at least understands our culture which is tough football. Something the Hawks and Wiscy do quite well. I hope Frost brings us up to the aforementioned teams. If they get there who knows. Also they needed Frost to coach if they wanted to win. Do you think those kids could learn a new HC's scheme and put up a fight against Auburn?

Reactions: DougFHawkeye
Couple of things. The guy is a good coach. Is he going to bring Nebraska national championships year in and year out? Probably not. But he at least understands our culture which is tough football. Something the Hawks and Wiscy do quite well. I hope Frost brings us up to the aforementioned teams. If they get there who knows. Also they needed Frost to coach if they wanted to win. Do you think those kids could learn a new HC's scheme and put up a fight against Auburn?

Is he keeping Diaco or bringing his own D coaches? That's your biggest problem. Your D is a sieve, and UCF wasn't exactly a worldbeater on defense under Frost.

Is he keeping Diaco or bringing his own D coaches? That's your biggest problem. Your D is a sieve, and UCF wasn't exactly a worldbeater on defense under Frost.
He' bringing his staff. UCF's defense was far from perfect, but it was better then the 96ish ranked defensive shitshow Diaco rolled out on the field that let Wadley/Fant eat up like a bunch of starving Ethiopians at an all you can eat Las Vegas buffet. His defense was enough to beat Auburn.

I’m not sold. I’ve already renamed him Scott Flop. But as I’ve said before, I thought Riley would be a flop so what do I know?

PS - If I win, you can keep your shitty Omaha Steaks, but will you drive to Des Moines & find a good meat locker & mail me some REAL Iowa beef/steaks?!

Harsh post there Rocky. I don't see you get'n them steaks. :rolleyes:

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Seems like a good guy, but Nebraska is full of good guys. You have to ask yourself, does he REALLY know what he's getting himself into? Last time he was there, they were winning, and they COULD recruit nationally. The landscape has changed though, and the days of signing otherwise unqualified players and overlooking criminal behavior within the team are over. Nebraska MIGHT be able to get to the level of Wisconsin, or Iowa, but even has a geographic recruiting disadvantage against them taking the state of Illinois into account. Lets not overlook the fact that at the end of the day, Nebraska is going to have to play defense to win games, and Frost hasn't had to win with defense yet.

I like Omaha Steaks. Finding good grain-fed beef on the east coast is rare to impossible, so sign me up for some Omaha Steaks any day.

Can the fans be patient enough for him. In order for him to be successful he needs his style of QB. They are hard to find and in the Big Ten you will need 2 of them. The RPO is tough and you saw PSU be successful with McSorley running it. Those type of QB's are hard to find. McSorley also benefited from Barkley.

I think they will be improved but I see them being an 8 win team with an every so often 10-11 win season. They will be similar to what Iowa is now. When he has his style of QB, they will be better. He needs to find a good d-coordinator and also get rid of the "blackshirts" and start his own brand/slogan.

Oh you mean how Iowa has been doing to you the last 3 and 4 out of last 5. Not only is Iowa winning we are beating the living crap out of the pink, I mean black shirt defense. How the mighty has fallen when big bad Nebraska doesn’t even have a winning record against Iowa since joining the big 10.

Oh man Scott Frost is champion coach. He bring many glory days back in football games.

There also isn't any tangible evidence that he is a savior of a program.

That 0-12 record was a one year hiccup at UCF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT