ADVERTISEMENT

What Say You?

One more... A History lesson. Bob Devaney came in after Bill Jennings went 3-8 and Big Red has never looked back.
What?! All you nebby fans are always looking back. Way back! 20 years back.

Question, do you like looking at this season?

Last edited:
There also isn't any tangible evidence that he is a savior of a program.

That 0-12 record was a one year hiccup at UCF.
I agree, I can't say what he will do either way. The OP was asking for evidence to suggest he won't be a success.

Kind of like me asking you to tell me why a random baby won't end up becoming a fireman or UFC fighter. No way of knowing.

It's quite fitting Omaha Steaks are the prize here for a discussion of Scott Frost.

Frost reminds me exactly of Omaha Steaks. They show up in a pretty package. They are from the Midwest with a great reputation for high quality beef. The pictures in the brochure are ****ing amazing to look at. They are expensive as hell. They must be good. Life changing good.

Then you open the package. Hmmm, they are quite a bit smaller than they looked in the box and the pictures. Off the grill, and the first taste...nothing special really. Kinda bland..almost a processed taste when compared to real organic grass fed beef. Then you realize...it's all marketing. Average beef all dressed up with a fancy marketing schtick.

Is SF for real? Time will tell. I hope he brings Nebby back to relevance. The B1G West is seen as the little bro to the East. We need good teams in our conference. I'd like our annual game to be a real competitive bare knuckle boarder war. Nebby is a proud program with mostly great fans and tradition. If SF is not the savior...I hope he is at least more steak than sizzle.

Seriously, I don’t care about how bad Scott Flop’s going to be.

But I am curious on people’s top 3 AE chip dips! I even want to hear Neb fans’ top 3 chip dips.

Reactions: spiderland
Oh you mean how Iowa has been doing to you the last 3 and 4 out of last 5. Not only is Iowa winning we are beating the living crap out of the pink, I mean black shirt defense. How the mighty has fallen when big bad Nebraska doesn’t even have a winning record against Iowa since joining the big 10.

Yup, Harvey Perlman, the idiot that didn't take the time to listen to anyone else before he hired Shawn Eichorst as our AD, has been Iowa's MVP over the last 3 years, but those days are over. All I need to know is that Bo Pelini, an extraordinary average coach, was 3-1 (.750) against Iowa, which means Frost will be along the lines of .900 against Iowa. You may beat us next year, because it will take a little time for Frost to get some players in, but your time is done.

You can send any Thank You letters to Harvey Perlman, who is the dolt that hired Shawn Eichorst, who hired Mike Riley. You had a nice run against us, but the loser that hired the loser that hired Riley is gone, and you're done. RIP..

Personally I don't get it. The guy comes in for two years soley to use the UCF program as a stepping stone to get the Nebraska job. Why didn't they hire him instead of Riley three years ago? Frost is not some wunderkind kid. He's 42. If I was UCF I would have said bye, you can't coach our bowl game.

Nebraska fans are going to be disappointed. You really think Nebraska is now going to replace tOSU, PSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, etc., etc., etc.?

Keep telling yourself that we're going to be disappointed. And when we start rolling you every year, you just think back to your moronic post, K?

Keep telling yourself that we're going to be disappointed. And when we start rolling you every year, you just think back to your moronic post, K?

I think for me, I'm going to adopt a wait and see approach. I've heard the Nebraska freight train is right around the corner for 10 - 15 years now and that's been with several different coaches.

I might recommend chest puffing when you have actual results.

PJ Fleck "looked" like a good coach 3 years ago too. Then he took a job in a real conference that plays defense and meh.

Maine
Austin Peay
UCONN
SMU
Cincinnati
East Carolina
Navy
Temple

These are the juggernauts that UFC played this year.

Get back to me in 3-4 years and we will know more.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Yup, Harvey Perlman, the idiot that didn't take the time to listen to anyone else before he hired Shawn Eichorst as our AD, has been Iowa's MVP over the last 3 years, but those days are over. All I need to know is that Bo Pelini, an extraordinary average coach, was 3-1 (.750) against Iowa, which means Frost will be along the lines of .900 against Iowa. You may beat us next year, because it will take a little time for Frost to get some players in, but your time is done.

You can send any Thank You letters to Harvey Perlman, who is the dolt that hired Shawn Eichorst, who hired Mike Riley. You had a nice run against us, but the loser that hired the loser that hired Riley is gone, and you're done. RIP..

Haven't you guys set yourself up for a let down enough with this mentality?

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

So you are saying if Iowa wins next year you expect Frost and Nebraska to win the next 9 in a row or very least him to win 9 out of next 10. This is just another classic delusional Husker post that brings on a good laugh. I love how fans like yourself honestly expect him to come on in and have a Osbourn type of record.

As for the extraordinary average that sums up the Nebraska program since the turn of the century and especially since joining the Big 10. 14 seasons in a row with 4 losses or more and fully expect 15 in a row after next year.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
images

Well, this APPEARS to be tasty looking chocolate ice cream. (PM me for my address for the steaks)

If Nebraska has an open date, they should schedule UCF. Frost could coach both teams... and get a huge bonus if he wins.

Who is "we"? Do you have a turd in your pocket?

Husker mentality is as if you are part of the team and success when you have it but when the team loses, you aren't part of the team due to "that" group of dolts like Pelini, Pearlman, Eichorst, and Riley.

We've heard all of this before with PSU coming into the league, they thought the same thing about winning the B1G all the time. That hasn't happened. They've won a few titles but nothing beyond that. They are arrogant but nothing compares with you delusional "restore the order" Husker fans.

Best of luck to you and the turd in your pocket though.

One more... A History lesson. Bob Devaney came in after Bill Jennings went 3-8 and Big Red has never looked back.

Yes and No.

I guess those two 6-4 records in '67 and '68 don't count under Devaney, all while playing in the Little 8. Solich in '02 at 7-7, Callahan 5-6 in '04, 5-7 in '07 in the B12, then Riley in the B1G going 6-7 in '15 and 4-8 in '17.

There are a lot of great records from Devaney and Osborne along the way but didn't it take Osbourne 10 years before he won his first National Championship?

If Nebraska hopes to win another title, the fans and leadership at UNL needs to be patient and give Frost the time and resources he needs. It will be interesting to see if he gets it done.

Appearing to be a good coach and actually being a good coach are two different things. There can actually be no true rebuttal because there is no way to prove how good or bad he will be at Nebraska, only opinions and thoughts why or why not.
Two years coaching doesn't give substantial info on how great or poor he could be. Colleges nowadays go for a flavor of the month... (not saying Frost per say I know hes alum)...but everyone wants that fresh new coach to take them to the next level. Some will most won't.
Coaches with a long history of winning consistently don't leave that often and even when they do it is no guarantee of success BB and Rich Rod come to mind. There are also avg coaches that go on to great things Saban is an example.
I looked at conference wins since Neb joined the B1G and how many head coaches teams had during that time frame.

Wisconsin 45 wins 3 coaches
Mich St 40 wins 1coach
Nebraska 34 wins 2 coaches
Iowa 33 wins 1 coach
Northwestern 30 wins 1 coach
Minnesota 22 wins 3 coaches
Purdue 14 wins 4 coaches
Every new coach hire can be hit or miss so only time will tell.

I was sadly impressed with him and his entire coaching staff. They will bring a lot of energy to Lincoln. I feel Nebraska will be back contending in the B1G West next year. B1G West is improving. Wisconsin is separating themselves, Northwestern and Purdue have taken steps and Nebraska looks to be heading in the right direction. KF and staff need to be ready to adapt to changes.
Won't have the horses to contend next year, but will be interesting to see how the future unfolds for the fuskers.

Good coach and hard guy not to root for. People know this but are too biased to acknowledge it on this page. Nebraska getting a good staff in there
As an Iowa fan it will be very easy to root against him.

Couple of things. The guy is a good coach. Is he going to bring Nebraska national championships year in and year out? Probably not. But he at least understands our culture which is tough football. Something the Hawks and Wiscy do quite well. I hope Frost brings us up to the aforementioned teams. If they get there who knows. Also they needed Frost to coach if they wanted to win. Do you think those kids could learn a new HC's scheme and put up a fight against Auburn?
You're a typical delusional Nebby fan, with your response of "probably not" to the question of: Is he (Frost) going to bring Nebraska national championships year in and year out? No sane person would put even a "probably" in that response.

What color is the sky in your world? Particularly, when you say Iowa "may" beat Nebraska next season, what reason(s) are you even slightly confident that Nebraska will come into Kinnick next season and beat Iowa after the beat downs Iowa has been giving the huskers?

" but didn't it take Osbourne 10 years before he won his first National Championship?"

You left out 10 years and relaxed academic standards, lower character standards with a willingness to overlook and cover up criminal behavior, an increased 'strength' training program to win his first national championship. He out switzered Barry. Basically stole their playbook.

What color is the sky in your world? Particularly, when you say Iowa "may" beat Nebraska next season, what reason(s) are you even slightly confident that Nebraska will come into Kinnick next season and beat Iowa after the beat downs Iowa has been giving the huskers?

Um, gee, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that we fired a poor coach and hired a very good coach. Good Lord, how much more simple does this concept have to be for you to understand?

LOL...why are you and other 'lil debby fans so confident AGAIN with a new head coach? This ain't the Big 12 Conference, it's big boy football.

So big boy football is getting owned by an average coach like Bo Pelini? LOL! Gawd you're pathetic.

Um, gee, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that we fired a poor coach and hired a very good coach. Good Lord, how much more simple does this concept have to be for you to understand?

You guys have been saying that for years now though so please pardon our disbelief.

What position do these Florida players play? Until I see Nebraska getting better o-line and d-line recruits, I'm just not that concerned about the huskers.

That's because when it comes to the game of football, you are completely lost. I'm not sure if I've ever come across a fan that exhibits a more remedial knowledge base of the game than you. Congratulations, dope.

So big boy football is getting owned by an average coach like Bo Pelini? LOL! Gawd you're pathetic.

I was unaware of Pelini owning the B1G during his tenure at Nebraska.

What are your expectations for Frost in terms of
1. Winning the division.
2. Winning the conference.
3. Winning a NC.

You guys have been saying that for years now though so please pardon our disbelief.

We were 3-1 against Iowa with a very ordinary coach in Be Pelini. It took a coaching staff that had no idea what they were doing for Iowa to catch up in the series. Do you really think Frost is going to put the same type of team on the field as Riley?? Is so, you just keep on thinking that. I won't spoil the surprise for you. Hehe..

We were 3-1 against Iowa with a very ordinary coach in Be Pelini. It took a coaching staff that had no idea what they were doing for Iowa to catch up in the series. Do you really think Frost is going to put the same type of team on the field as Riley?? Is so, you just keep on thinking that. I won't spoil the surprise for you. Hehe..

Reading your posts reminds me of the poor guy who read the shampoo bottle that said lather, rinse, repeat and has been in the shower ever since. Solich will be great(lather), rinse, Callahan will be great(lather), rinse, Pelini will be great(lather), Riley will be great(lather), rinse, Frost will be great(lather).......keep going, it's quite entertaining.

When we start bending you over again in short order, we'll make sure to whisper in your ear "compliments of Little Debbie, cream puff."
Ah yes, if only we could do what we used to do. It never ends with you shuckers. The only problem is your not playing Kansas, ISU, Mizzou, KSU, and Colorado anymore in conference play where you might get a decent game from one of those teams each year before playing Texas or Oklahoma. Buck up there Husker Doo Doo. Maybe you'll win the BIG some year.

PJ Fleck "looked" like a good coach 3 years ago too. Then he took a job in a real conference that plays defense and meh.

Maine
Austin Peay
UCONN
SMU
Cincinnati
East Carolina
Navy
Temple

These are the juggernauts that UFC played this year.

Get back to me in 3-4 years and we will know more.
The problem is they've been waiting so long in huskerville, they just can't hold it back any longer, or they'll explode! Yes, this is the guy! It will be SO MUCH FUN, when Frosty goes 7-5 in year 2 or 3 and loses to Iowa by 20 points to see the excuses and hand wringing. I almost can't wait. :rolleyes:

Ah yes, if only we could do what we used to do. It never ends with you shuckers. The only problem is your not playing Kansas, ISU, Mizzou, KSU, and Colorado anymore in conference play where you might get a decent game from one of those teams each year before playing Texas or Oklahoma. Buck up there Husker Doo Doo. Maybe you'll win the BIG some year.

I dont get this Iowa argument. Iowa loses to ISU like every other year. Nebraska and OU ran the Big 8 because they were fing great teams. You really think 70s/80s Nebraska would do worse in an 8 team conference vs 70s & 80s Northwestern, Wisconsin, Iowa, Purdue, Illinois, & Minnesota? Such an idiotic argument.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT