ADVERTISEMENT

What Say You?

I dont get this Iowa argument. Iowa loses to ISU like every other year. Nebraska and OU ran the Big 8 because they were fing great teams. You really think 70s/80s Nebraska would do worse in an 8 team conference vs 70s & 80s Northwestern, Wisconsin, Iowa, Purdue, Illinois, & Minnesota? Such an idiotic argument.
Cmon the big 12 is what the BIG was when only OSU and Michigan won every year, Now its OK and everybody else. At least in the BIG, OSU and Michigan get challenged by other teams, MSU, PSU, Wisky, and some years Iowa or NWestern. Iowa struggled with ISU for years because of the rivarly and the importance ISU put on the game, not because they were as good as Iowa. Look at how the rest of their season usually went.

Cmon the big 12 is what the BIG was when only OSU and Michigan won every year, Now its OK and everybody else. At least in the BIG, OSU and Michigan get challenged by other teams, MSU, PSU, Wisky, and some years Iowa or NWestern. Iowa struggled with ISU for years because of the rivarly and the importance ISU put on the game, not because they were as good as Iowa. Look at how the rest of their season usually went.
That and kirk likes to lose to crap teams and challenge(or beat) good teams.

It is what it is......

We were 3-1 against Iowa with a very ordinary coach in Be Pelini. It took a coaching staff that had no idea what they were doing for Iowa to catch up in the series. Do you really think Frost is going to put the same type of team on the field as Riley?? Is so, you just keep on thinking that. I won't spoil the surprise for you. Hehe..
well he sure isn't picking up any new linemen, from what I can see.......

Ah yes, if only we could do what we used to do. It never ends with you shuckers. The only problem is your not playing Kansas, ISU, Mizzou, KSU, and Colorado anymore in conference play where you might get a decent game from one of those teams each year before playing Texas or Oklahoma. Buck up there Husker Doo Doo. Maybe you'll win the BIG some year.
Uh, KSU/CO were pretty dang good for some of the 90s......
I remember watching CO back as a kid when salaam was there

Reading your posts reminds me of the poor guy who read the shampoo bottle that said lather, rinse, repeat and has been in the shower ever since. Solich will be great(lather), rinse, Callahan will be great(lather), rinse, Pelini will be great(lather), Riley will be great(lather), rinse, Frost will be great(lather).......keep going, it's quite entertaining.

What's entertaining is that you took a swipe at Solich, who accomplished more in 6 years at Nebraska than Iowa has ever accomplished. Not to mention that we completely curb stomped Iowa with Solich at the helm.

And Pelini was 3-1 against Iowa. Say what you will about Callahan and Riley, but both Solich and Pelini had their way with Iowa.

So I guess lather, rinse, and repeat on your recurring incorrect information.

What's entertaining is that you took a swipe at Solich, who accomplished more in 6 years at Nebraska than Iowa has ever accomplished. Not to mention that we completely curb stomped Iowa with Solich at the helm.

And Pelini was 3-1 against Iowa. Say what you will about Callahan and Riley, but both Solich and Pelini had their way with Iowa.

What's entertaining is how you show up in the off season and not after the annual UNL beat down. Maybe next year.

And it wasn't good enough for you and your fan base, so you lathered up and rinsed those two away, keep going, I missed Solich winning a national title as a head coach so keep washing, rinsing and repeating. Maybe Frost will be successful.... and run out of town because it isn't enough, wash, rinse, repeat, it's in your DNA. Maybe we need to just look at where Nebraska is as a program...

Like it or not, it is easier to recruit to Orlando than Lincoln. There is no comparison between the talent within 150 miles of campus. I wish him luck, but convincing a kid from Tampa to go to Lincoln is going to be a serious problem.

I guess since Tampa is so difficult to recruit to Lincoln, NE, Frost and his coaching staff decided to focus on Plantation, FL, Hollywood, FL, and West Palm Beach,.where they received commitments from three 4-star players. Two in the last 24 hours.

I'm sure he'll take your advice and stay away from Tampa though. Must be a real tough town to recruit from.

You guys really have impeccable timing with your posts. (He he!) You teed the ball up perfectly for me.

I guess since Tampa is so difficult to recruit to Lincoln, NE, Frost and his coaching staff decided to focus on Plantation, FL, Hollywood, FL, and West Palm Beach,.where they received commitments from three 4-star players. Two in the last 24 hours.

I'm sure he'll take your advice and stay away from Tampa though. Must be a real tough town to recruit from.

You guys really have impeccable timing with your posts. (He he!) You teed the ball up perfectly for me.

And you sliced it into the woods, replace FL with CA and go back a couple of years, yup you get what you were saying about Riley, the drunk coach and their recruits, lather, rinse, repeat. This is too easy, step it up a bit, the challenge is fading.

And it wasn't good enough for you and your fan base, so you lathered up and rinsed those two away, keep going, I missed Solich winning a national title as a head coach so keep washing, rinsing and repeating. Maybe Frost will be successful.... and run out of town because it isn't enough, wash, rinse, repeat, it's in your DNA. Maybe we need to just look at where Nebraska is as a program...

Oh yes, one of those National Titles from Redbook or Life magazine or some other unknown publication from the 50s. Good Lord. And you guys think we're delusional.. Just stop already. We have about 11 or 12 of those 'secondary' market National Title trophies we're currently using as door stops. Those are worth their weight in...uh..plastic.

And you sliced it into the woods, replace FL with CA and go back a couple of years, yup you get what you were saying about Riley, the drunk coach and their recruits, lather, rinse, repeat. This is too easy, step it up a bit, the challenge is fading.

We'll leave a tip on the night stand after we bend you over in the not too distant future. It may take a year or two to get the players in, but Frost is going to have fun toying with Iowa. If Bo Pelini can go 3-1 against Iowa, just imagine how comical this is going to get with Frost at the helm.

And the fun thing is that you all know it's coming, but try to put on the act like you think it isn't. Deep inside, you know you're in trouble. Carry on..

Reactions: CDMXHusker
Oh yes, one of those National Titles from Redbook or Life magazine or some other unknown publication from the 50s. Good Lord. And you guys think we're delusional.. Just stop already. We have about 11 or 12 of those 'secondary' market National Title trophies we're currently using as door stops. Those are worth their weight in...uh..plastic.

Frank has one recognized by the NCAA? Nope, doorstop or not he doesn't. Factually wrong? That would be you. Keep going.

We'll leave a tip on the night stand after we bend you over in the not too distant future. It may take a year or two to get the players in, but Frost is going to have fun toying with Iowa. If Bo Pelini can go 3-1 against Iowa, just imagine how comical this is going to get with Frost at the helm.

And the fun thing is that you all know it's coming, but try to put on the act like you think it isn't. Deep inside, you know you're in trouble. Carry on..

You may be the only one not seeing the pattern, Solich with his history will dominate, rinse, Callahan with his NFL background will dominate, rinse, once Pelini can recruit and get his players he will dominate, rinse, once Riley gets his players he will dominate, rinse, once Frost gets his players he will dominate.... a coach went 3-1 against Iowa..... wooo hooo, that's your standard now? Lather, rinse and repeat. You should go back to the Osborne era, you have facts on your side there. This subject? You are unarmed on this subject.

You may be the only one not seeing the pattern, Solich with his history will dominate, rinse, Callahan with his NFL background will dominate, rinse, once Pelini can recruit and get his players he will dominate, rinse, once Riley gets his players he will dominate, rinse, once Frost gets his players he will dominate.... a coach went 3-1 against Iowa..... wooo hooo, that's your standard now? Lather, rinse and repeat. You should go back to the Osborne era, you have facts on your side there. This subject? You are unarmed on this subject.

Get it right.. An "average" coach went 3-1 against Iowa. Pelini wasn't even average in some respects. He got schooled against Wisconsin, and he didn't like to recruit. And yet he still beat Iowa 75% of the time.

This is why we know that if we bring in a coach that is pretty darn good, oh boy, is Iowa going to take a beating regularly. We don't need to be told what good football is. We saw it for decades. This is why we know that Pelini wasn't the right guy. The problem is...Perlman made a poor hire of a guy that was a social mushroom that didn't have good football contacts for coaches. Enter Mike Riley, who was just a poor coach and poor leader.

As near as I can tell, we have a great tactician for a head coach now that can also recruit well. If Frost can't beat the stuffing out of Iowa with regularity within a couple of years, then I will give you your due. But most Husker fans know that Iowa hasn't beaten us the last 3 years because they think Iowa is really good, but instead know that Riley was really bad. Actually I do give Ferentz and his staff their due. They develop players very nicely, and they play a conservative game that doesn't beat themselves. But make no mistake, Husker fans don't believe Iowa is beating us because they think Ferentz is a great coach. He is a solid coach, and he was going up against a guy in Riley that wasn't a good coach.

Solich stomped Iowa both times he played you, so I don't need to make any excuses for Solich. He was a good coach that shouldn't have been fired. That was a case of an AD that was nuts. I mean certifiable. A complete narcissist that wanted to put his own stamp on Husker football, and a good coach was sacrificed.

Last edited:

28-20 (lather) 40-10 (rinse), 56-14 (repeat).

Frank has one recognized by the NCAA? Nope, doorstop or not he doesn't. Factually wrong? That would be you. Keep going.

Neither does Iowa. Sorry, we have some nice parting gifts. I've already told you that The Saturday Evening Post or TV Guide don't count, so stop embarrassing yourself. And no, "The Grantland Rice Award" doesn't count either. There were the AP and UPI champions in the 50s. LSU won both the AP and UPI. and that is where national titles start and end during the 50s. Football Writers of America...good grief.

Iowa was 8-1-1, with a tie against unranked Air Force, and a loss to #16 Ohio State. Sure looks like a national championship resume to me. :rolleyes:Oh and BTW, you are patently incorrect in saying the NCAA recognized the Football Writers Association of America as an official NCAA national title. They didn't...

Last edited:
Frost is likely recruiting a top 20 class in 2 months. If he can do that this year after a 4-8 season, lookout. The guy can coach.

Please do continue with your babble. We've become very accustomed to husker fans and whats waiting for us once, you guys get your ducks lined up. It was bothersome at first, but now its just comical. When Nebraska was really good, you folks wouldn't have even bothered to accept that we were worthy of your acknowledgment. Now that you've had your pants pulled down and treated rudely by half the BIG, including Iowa its,"just wait, you'll get yours"! Please do continue though, it will be so much sweeter when you keep ending up on the wrong end of those beatdowns. Curious though, if Frost doesn't win the BIG in three or four years, whose next? Turner Gill?

Maybe create the history before you prematurely start bragging about what might happen.
Frost is a hot stock that hasn't performed in the B1G. Deep inside, you know Frost HAS to work out. This is your hail Mary pass.
Since Nebby joined the B1G, most other teams aren't that impressed. I personally wouldn't start claiming Frost is going to "toy" with ANY team, especially Iowa given how deeply and dry we've been going into you recently...or are you the type of guy that brags about benching 300 pounds but won't step into the gym to prove it?

He left the players he recruited at UCF before their bowl game to complete a 13-0 to coach another program. That says it all!!!!!!

He left the players he recruited at UCF before their bowl game to complete a 13-0 to coach another program. That says it all!!!!!!

No. Him hiding in a closet while his girlfriend was getting beaten up and thrown down stairs by a teammate told me all I personally need to know about his character.

If that's how he responds to adversity and a challenge, times will be tough for Scott Flop in the B1G.

No. Him hiding in a closet while his girlfriend was getting beaten up and thrown down stairs by a teammate told me all I personally need to know about his character.

If that's how he responds to adversity and a challenge, times will be tough for Scott Flop in the B1G.
Seriously? I did not know that. Is it really true or just rumor or hearsay? If that is really true, this guy is a big time scum bag.

Neither does Iowa. Sorry, we have some nice parting gifts. I've already told you that The Saturday Evening Post or TV Guide don't count, so stop embarrassing yourself. And no, "The Grantland Rice Award" doesn't count either. There were the AP and UPI champions in the 50s. LSU won both the AP and UPI. and that is where national titles start and end during the 50s. Football Writers of America...good grief.

Iowa was 8-1-1, with a tie against unranked Air Force, and a loss to #16 Ohio State. Sure looks like a national championship resume to me. :rolleyes:Oh and BTW, you are patently incorrect in saying the NCAA recognized the Football Writers Association of America as an official NCAA national title. They didn't...

http://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

960 Minnesota, Mississippi AP, NFF, UPI, FWAA
1959 Syracuse AP, FWAA, NFF, UPI
1958 LSU, Iowa AP, UPI, FWAA
1957 Ohio St., Auburn FWAA, UPI, AP
1956 Oklahoma AP, FWAA, UPI
1955 Oklahoma AP, FWAA, UPI

Maybe create the history before you prematurely start bragging about what might happen.
Frost is a hot stock that hasn't performed in the B1G. Deep inside, you know Frost HAS to work out. This is your hail Mary pass.
Since Nebby joined the B1G, most other teams aren't that impressed. I personally wouldn't start claiming Frost is going to "toy" with ANY team, especially Iowa given how deeply and dry we've been going into you recently...or are you the type of guy that brags about benching 300 pounds but won't step into the gym to prove it?

Why would one brag about benching 300 lbs. That's only weight +60.

Oh wait. You're speaking to a Nebby fan. Carry on.

Reactions: Blackleaf40
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT