ADVERTISEMENT

What seed is Iowa on selection Sunday?

Are seed will be? (Spare us your emotion they are in the tournament)

• 1. 7 seed

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 2. 8 seed

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • 3. 9 seed

Votes: 60 49.2%
  • 4. 10 seed

Votes: 29 23.8%
  • 5. 11 seed-Dayton play in game

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters
Best sporting event by far.

Its a love hate when Iowas in because as soon as they go out I can't enjoy it anymore.
Yep it destroyed year 1 for me when NW St hit the fall sideways out of bounds 3 after Brunner missed fts. But then guess what happened. 2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013*

2013* because we got TV Teddy ****ed in BTT that cost us a bid but you catch my drift. HAPPY we are in, regardless!

Sorry to say, but I don't think it will really matter in the end.

Either an 8/9 or a 10, the best the Hawks will do this coming weekend is 1-1. And that one will depend heavily on if they can make enough shots with EVO.

😢

I think a 9. They proabably deserve a 10. I honestly don't think it matters. We are playing a 1 or 2 seed in the 2nd round if we can shoot well and the other team goes cold in the 1st game.

Sorry to say, but I don't think it will really matter in the end.

Either an 8/9 or a 10, the best the Hawks will do this coming weekend is 1-1. And that one will depend heavily on if they can make enough shots with EVO.

😢
0-4 with EVO.

Yeah, want more obviously, but I'll never take making an NCAA tournament for granted - ever. There's the anticipation & hope for 3-5 days at the very least.

Doesn't matter,.. We have shown the ability to win or lose vs anyone, and actually tend to play well against better competition...

Reactions: kceasthawk
I selected 9 and I honestly don't think it matters much. There are no 1s that scare me anymore than any 2... For Iowa to have any chance to make it the 2nd weekend they will have to play like they did against Indiana and get good match-ups which I don't think there will be any difference if we are playing a 7 or 8 in the first round or a 1 or 2 in the second. This team is just so jekyll and hyde I find it funny that everyone is giving up after a couple bad losses. Sure they easily could continue on and flame out but they just as easily could flip the script and go on a run. My fingers are crossed we get some good luck for once.

I hope we drop to a 10 but we are a 9. Book it.
Resume-wise we should be a 10 at best. Eye ball test says we should be out of the tournament. But the idiots in the committee tell us we should value the NET and these Quad 1 wins, so we will end up an 8 seed.........

I went middle ground though and voted 9 seed because I like being wrong. :)

Resume-wise we should be a 10 at best. Eye ball test says we should be out of the tournament. But the idiots in the committee tell us we should value the NET and these Quad 1 wins, so we will end up an 8 seed.........

I went middle ground though and voted 9 seed because I like being wrong. :)
Yep we are an 8/9 I think locked in unfortunately. Win the first game so we can at least get 2 games.

I selected 9 and I honestly don't think it matters much. There are no 1s that scare me anymore than any 2... For Iowa to have any chance to make it the 2nd weekend they will have to play like they did against Indiana and get good match-ups which I don't think there will be any difference if we are playing a 7 or 8 in the first round or a 1 or 2 in the second. This team is just so jekyll and hyde I find it funny that everyone is giving up after a couple bad losses. Sure they easily could continue on and flame out but they just as easily could flip the script and go on a run. My fingers are crossed we get some good luck for once.
Here's what Lunardi has right now (not in any particular order):

1 seeds: Kansas, UCLA, Houston, Alabama
2 seeds: Texas, Purdue, Arizona, Baylor

(These are in order based on his matchups, so first 7 and first 10 are paired up, etc)
7 seeds: Northwestern, Missouri, Texas A&M, Michigan State
8 seeds: Florida Atlantic, Maryland, Iowa, Arkansas
9 seeds: USC, Memphis, West Virginia, Illinois
10 seeds: Providence, Boise State, NC State, Auburn

When you rule out the other B10 teams, that's all the other teams we are being lumped into with right now.

Currently, he projects us in the South 8/9 against West Virginia (Joe T revenge game?) with the winner presumably getting Alabama.

Would Iowa fans resign themselves to that, or would you sign up for that in a heartbeat?

Here's what Lunardi has right now (not in any particular order):

1 seeds: Kansas, UCLA, Houston, Alabama
2 seeds: Texas, Purdue, Arizona, Baylor

(These are in order based on his matchups, so first 7 and first 10 are paired up, etc)
7 seeds: Northwestern, Missouri, Texas A&M, Michigan State
8 seeds: Florida Atlantic, Maryland, Iowa, Arkansas
9 seeds: USC, Memphis, West Virginia, Illinois
10 seeds: Providence, Boise State, NC State, Auburn

When you rule out the other B10 teams, that's all the other teams we are being lumped into with right now.

Currently, he projects us in the South 8/9 against West Virginia (Joe T revenge game?) with the winner presumably getting Alabama.

Would Iowa fans resign themselves to that, or would you sign up for that in a heartbeat?
Take the over in both games if we win the first. Ha

Oh well. I'm happy we are in as much as this has sucked the past week. We were out of the dance for nearly a decade before Fran. I'll never take this for granted!
Apparently you do take trips to the dance for granted if you are going to omit 01, 05 and 06 and make this statement. Fran came in 2010. The record is bad enough without exaggerating

Apparently you do take trips to the dance for granted if you are going to omit 01, 05 and 06 and make this statement. Fran came in 2010. The record is bad enough without exaggerating
7 years is nearly a decade and my March Madness festival didn't commence until 2006. Iowa not there the first 7 or so after the NW St debacle was a glaring void so no my post was accurate.

I initially voted a 9 seed but revised to an 8 seed. Most of the brackets still have us as an 8 seed.

I was of the mindset there really isn't a difference between 8 and 9 seeds but then read a few posts indicating that if we're an 8 seed, then our chances of playing in Des Moines against the likely Midwest #1 in Kansas (if we win our first game) increases greatly. Kansas strikes me as a "more winnable" game - not likely mind you but we'd stand a chance in Des Moines - versus the other #1 seeds.

So we really need that #8 seed in Des Moines. That's what we need to be realistically rooting for IMO...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT