ADVERTISEMENT

What will Iowa’s Regular Season record be (Assuming 25 games)

What will Iowa’s Regular Season record be?

• 25-0

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other

Votes: 53 75.7%

• Total voters
20-5......that’s a wild ass guess since we don’t know jack about the schedule other than the B10 is LOADED and will be a meat grinder....honestly that is a pretty strong record against the B10 and possibly a member of the top level of the ACC.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
21-4. We lost 8 in B1G last year, right? And that was with only 7 players some games and I am not sure if I would count Pemsl as one. So with 7 or 8 STARTERS, I would think we could only lose 3 in conference and maybe 1 out of conference. I would be okay with this, but would really like losing only 1 or 2 in B1G.

Would be great to win a regular B1G title. It has been forever, and this team has the real ability to accomplish that if everyone stays healthy. I'll say 20-5, which would probably do it.

We’re going to have the National player of the year and the Big Ten freshman of the year, plus a few first, second and third team all Big Ten players on the same roster, all coached by the likely national coach of the year.

This team will not lose a single game. Probably won’t have a game closer than a double digit win.

San Francisco, North Carolina, UCLA, Indiana and Iowa. Phil Woolpert, Frank McGuire, John Wooden, Bob Knight, and Fran McCaffery.

Last edited:
We’re going to have the National player of the year and the Big Ten freshman of the year, plus a few first, second and third team all Big Ten players on the same roster, all coached by the likely national coach of the year.

This team will not lose a single game. Probably won’t have a game closer than a double digit win.

San Francisco, North Carolina, UCLA, Indiana and Iowa. Phil Woolpert, Frank McGuire, John Wooden, Bob Knight, and Fran McCaffery.

image03.gif

So much will depend on the B1G schedule. I don't know if we can predict the matchups based on the past few years, but if we get MSU, Wisc, Illinois, and our nemesis Purdue, home and away and only get the lower level teams once, it could be a tough year.

19 wins if a 25 game schedule
20 wins if a 27 game schedule

Here's to hoping they get to play them all, or at least enough to win the B1G title.

20-5, 22-5 if we play 27. Second seed, probably playing in Anchorage Alaska and then on the 1 seeds home court in Sweet 16.

I'm very optimistic but the Curse is out there waiting.

I would go with the 18-7 ish mark. I know everyone thinks it's Final 4 or bust for Iowa, but with the arguable Player of the Year last year Iowa went 11-9 in conference. A good team, but nowhere close to being good enough on defense to content for a conference title or make a run to the Final 4.

I will be hoping like crazy I am wrong, and I will cheer wildly for this team to do well. They really play together well and seem to care for each other. But they will have to prove they can consistently guard people to win a league title.

I would go with the 18-7 ish mark. I know everyone thinks it's Final 4 or bust for Iowa, but with the arguable Player of the Year last year Iowa went 11-9 in conference. A good team, but nowhere close to being good enough on defense to content for a conference title or make a run to the Final 4.

I will be hoping like crazy I am wrong, and I will cheer wildly for this team to do well. They really play together well and seem to care for each other. But they will have to prove they can consistently guard people to win a league title.
In general, I agree with you. I am hoping that another year of playing together and getting stronger will help a lot on the defensive end. I think that experience will especially help on the perimeter with JoeT and CJ. On the other side of that, Nunge needs to prove that he can be the high quality post defender that I hope he can be. On the offensive end, the sky is the limit.

Given how short-handed Iowa was last season, I don't think we really saw this team at its peak. Most people talking this team up as a Final Four contender are looking at the potential: last year they only had 12 scholarship players (and one of those was former walk-on Riley Till). Bohannon, Patrick and Nunge missed most of the season. Fredrick was hurt a bunch. And still... they won 20 games and were a tournament lock. Now, add back those three guys, all healthy, plus a fully stocked 13-man roster. The only player we'll really miss from last year is Ryan Kriener, and Nunge should be able to fill his role and then some. A trio of deadly 3-point shooters plus Garza down low and Connor feeding them the ball, with talent and experience coming off the bench. That sounds like a pretty dangerous team to me.

You're right about defense needing to improve. It's the main thing that could limit Iowa's ceiling. But a healthy, deep, veteran team should be able to improve that. And Garza has made defense a top priority in his offseason training.

I never expect a Big Ten title. But a Sweet Sixteen appearance should be manageable with what we've got, and after that the sky's the limit.

I'm going with 22-5, a #3 seed in the tournament, and a trip to the Elite Eight.

Reactions: perryhawk

Who’s going to be the freshman of the year?

Patrick McCaffery.

Freshman of the year or “Newcomer of the Year.”

I read it here so it must be true.
Patrick is easy to overlook with all of the others returning. Not sure about the defensive end, but he has already shown that he is a plus on offense, which is already loaded. How Fran will work the rotation and give minutes should be interesting.

Hope to see P-Mac come off the bench and provide a 10-15 min spark. Would love to get him involved in some pick-n-roll alley-oops much like Aaron White.

Reactions: perryhawk
According to 247Sports, and I realize they're not infallible, Patrick is the fifth highest rated recruit in Iowa history. You would hope that being that highly thought of would translate into some nice production on the court eventually.

Iowa will be lucky to have less that 5 losses. I think they are due for some luck so I think 3 losses is possible.

Well if they live up to the hype 20+ wins anything else will to be honest would be a let down. They need to come in and play with chips on their shoulders

Well if they live up to the hype 20+ wins anything else will to be honest would be a let down. They need to come in and play with chips on their shoulders

I am in general agreement with this....that said, I think that our last final four team finished 3rd in the conference?...meaning, this team could win less in the regular season than I think they should AND STILL make a deep run in the tournament. I think it's about playing well, being hot, when it counts most.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT