ADVERTISEMENT

What will your level be?

I’ll watch and foolishly hope the defense improves.

Interest level 5 ……but will drop to zero if PMac is wearing a uniform. I don’t hate the kid per se, I hate that the old man lets him steal minutes from Hawkeyes that will bust their ass to get a win.

Absolutely!!!! Maybe on up to 3, after that you’re dealing with frustrations and expressions. I can understand that…the others, I’m honestly clueless why they follow sports at all. There really isn’t a team or coach out there that will make them happy.
You are only on here to bitch about the fans incessantly and call people you disagree with dumb/stupid. Not sure why you keep coming back either

If Tony leaves and we don't have success in the portal, we will have a problem at guard next year. Dix is an all-round great guard, who could be all-B1G before he graduates. Harding has great PG skills, which will only be better as he gains a familiarity with all of the players, like he has with Freeman. Bowen is still a head scratcher for me. I think his main problem is between his ears. He has athleticism and skills, but very little confidence. We need another guard, preferably a combo guard, if Tony is gone. Anyone goes down, and we are screwed. Payton is NOT a guard, at least on defense. Not sure about Pryce yet, but he also is more of a 3.

Assuming Fran will be back, and everyone who went through Senior Day does indeed leave, and we don't have any portal changes, what will your interest level be next season?
10=I never miss a game, and go to as many as I can
1=Rat's Ass

Not because I’m necessarily a Fran fan. I’m a Hawk fan.

10, but then again I am an old guy having always been and will always be a diehard Hawk fan!!

I’ll probably be a 7 but still watching most games. It probably hit a 6 at the end of senior day. So it’ll fall quickly if they start year looking similar to this season.

You are only on here to bitch about the fans incessantly and call people you disagree with dumb/stupid. Not sure why you keep coming back either

That’s all you see, which fwiw is my goal for you !

Sounds like it’s working 🤷‍♂️ otherwise I have a terrific relationship with everyone else.

we don't have any portal changes

I am all in whatever number you want to give that. I didn't go thru the whole thread, is there an answer to what this means? Like we don't add thru portal, we don't lose thru portal, we get the same type of guy in the portal?

If Tony leaves and we don't have success in the portal, we will have a problem at guard next year. Dix is an all-round great guard, who could be all-B1G before he graduates. Harding has great PG skills, which will only be better as he gains a familiarity with all of the players, like he has with Freeman. Bowen is still a head scratcher for me. I think his main problem is between his ears. He has athleticism and skills, but very little confidence. We need another guard, preferably a combo guard, if Tony is gone. Anyone goes down, and we are screwed. Payton is NOT a guard, at least on defense. Not sure about Pryce yet, but he also is more of a 3.
It's really going to be hard to get a combo guard or point guard out of the portal knowing that 1. Harding will be a sophomore next year and had an assist to turnover ratio of 4 to 1. 2. What Perkins decides is going to be the key, if he comes back then you have Dix and Perkins that could handle either position, Harding being the starting point guard and Pryce playing some shooting guard. Hopefully Payton sticks to being a wing player.
We'll have to see if Fran adds anything to the guard court. With little NIL money for the men's basketball team Fran has his hands tied behind his back with little room for error. A Bakari Evelyn type player is not what Iowa needs to improve next years team.
Fran has left a scholarship open now for the last few years, now he could have filled that scholarship with someone that could have helped Iowa, but Fran is not a coach that recruits to better his team like Purdue does. Veteran players that starts from the previous year are safe from being recruited over under Fran. Right or wrong.

Whom do you see on this current roster who has that potential? I think Owen Freeman will be really good, but to the level of Garza or Keegan? I don’t know.
Well Owen is ahead of both of them as freshmen, way ahead of Garza.

He's probably not going to be the level of scorer those two were but as an overall player he could be nearly as good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT