ADVERTISEMENT

IF everyone returns next season Iowa will be top 5 in the BIG

I'm not sure if Illinois graduates anyone but outside of them I'm not sure there's another Big 10 team that will be better under the basket than Iowa will. If Perkins comes back with Sandfort they should be very good next year. Even without Perkins, Hardin can do the job well enough. They still need to be better on defense though.

I'm not sure if Illinois graduates anyone but outside of them I'm not sure there's another Big 10 team that will be better under the basket than Iowa will. If Perkins comes back with Sandfort they should be very good next year. Even without Perkins, Hardin can do the job well enough. They still need to be better on defense though.
Absolutely. Once again I'm on the record for wanting DeVries BUT if everyone returns I'll run it back another year and I think it'll be a good one.

Ok cool. Nothing will change. Any team will spank them if they have better athletes and Iowa is shooting bricks. They live and die by the shot. **** Virginia is smarter basketball.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

Ok cool. Nothing will change. Any team will spank them if they have better athletes and Iowa is shooting bricks. They live and die by the shot. **** Virginia is smarter basketball.
Players will be better, but Iowa hasn't been good on defense for 15 years, why would that change next year? Although Freeman has shown he can be good defensively. Doesn't matter if they don't guard the 3 though.

I do agree that team exceeded reasonable expectations this year. The trouble is, it’s 14 Fran years of no really great years.
Iowa hasn't been this consistent in BIG play or NCAA tourney appearances since the mid 1900s. But yeah, no sweet 16 appearances or BIG regular season titles loom large.

As long as Fran stays, its gonna be the same results.

Look like world-beaters against creampuff OOC opponents, and struggle mightily vs good Power conference teams who play very physical style games.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
I am with you w/ DeVries. I don't believe we can consistently get talent year in year out for Fran's system. We for sure need consistent effort on D and good half court sets which I think DeVries can provide
It's hard to believe but once again the last 5 seasons have been the most productive in Iowa hoops history since the 1930s. BIG finishes and NCAA bids. The terrible finishes in the NCAA is the issue.

Really would not mind if TP left
I love perk. But more times or not in a close game he panics and makes boneheaded plays like tonight or forces bad plays. Patrick good riddance. Plays of our 2 main seniors tonight sums it up let alone the season.

They need heavy conditioning - from the looks of it they do not much in the weight room, their stamina is awful, they are slow, they miss free throws, layups, can not guard well. A lot to fix. The players are a by-product of the coach. They seem too complacent.

• Love
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Top 5 finish in BIG and NCAA tourney bid like the last 5 seasons is the best consistency since the mid 1900s.
No Sweet 16s in 30 years. He sucks when it matters most. Hope he leaves . But nobody would want him
Lol. The young talent and recruits wouldn't come here so not an option. The players have always loved Fran.
of course you don’t have to play defense

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Yea... Cause all the other teams will not improve 😂.

Remember we have the coach that has multiple B1G players of the year and never won more than ONE NCAA game a year.

Maybe they'll be better and win a BTT game... Maybe even win ONE NCAA game. YIPPEE

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
As much as this sucks this team still exceeded expectations this season. Solid young core with 2 nice additions. Hopefully Perkins comes back for a 5th year and they land a BIG and or Guard in the portal this team will be top 5 in BIG and Dancing again.

Losing to Michigan and Maryland at home is not exceeding expectations.

Having the #146 ranked defense in the country is not exceeding expectations.

Losing to the #10 seed in the B1G Tournament is not exceeding expectations.

I could go on.

We all could go on.

I think I've seen this post at the end of just about every season the last decade now. It never changes. Much like saying " if the offense improves next season..." on the football board.
Iowa has had one helleva good run with pathetic endings in the ncaa tournament. But you can't say they haven't had successful seasons. Would be 5 ncaa bids in a row but Covid integrated it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT