ADVERTISEMENT

IF everyone returns next season Iowa will be top 5 in the BIG

They need heavy conditioning - from the looks of it they do not much in the weight room, their stamina is awful, they are slow, they miss free throws, layups, can not guard well. A lot to fix. The players are a by-product of the coach. They seem too complacent.
Great post…roster full of effort guys at the end of the day. Would a player like Bryce next season even crack the Illini top 12 rotation in their worst year?

Reactions: iowaathletes
As much as this sucks this team still exceeded expectations this season. Solid young core with 2 nice additions. Hopefully Perkins comes back for a 5th year and they land a BIG and or Guard in the portal this team will be top 5 in BIG and Dancing again.
It's not like every other team in the BT are going to stand pat. They will all be adding better players who are more athletic, rebound & play better defense than Iowa. I don't think Iowa is suddenly going to muscle up, learn to play D or do anything different offensively. Tadjo looks like an upgrade, Koch is a wait and see... another skinny spaghetti armed slow white guy. And I'm usually an optimist. Not after these last two games.

If Fran doesn't get to MSG in NIT, I'll really be checking out.

assume the worst season 4 GIF by Black Sails

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
Factual information and takes from direct sources and or links to articles?! Run along now this is over your head.
Just pointing out you have no original thoughts 🤷‍♂️ “come visit me on OT” like you’d actually debate him instead of just post retweets 🤣

Reactions: kzoohawk80
I’m over Perkins. He’s been bad for the last month, looks like he is playing with low energy and moping around. Too many lazy dribbles and passes leading to turnovers. Hand the keys to Brock
ehhh, land a good sized pg from the portal please.

Just pointing out you have no original thoughts 🤷‍♂️ “come visit me on OT” like you’d actually debate him instead of just post retweets 🤣
Yes I do, all the time. So once again, run along now.

Great post…roster full of effort guys at the end of the day. Would a player like Bryce next season even crack the Illini top 12 rotation in their worst year?
Would a player like Bryce next season even crack the Illini top 12 rotation in their worst year?

That's a HARD'ing NO.

• Love
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
I wouldn't bat an eye if everyone that could return left. At this point I'm including underclassmen too. Man do I not care about men's basketball enough to worry about that.
That’s where I am at, although I’d keep Owen and build around him - something Gonzaga started doing years ago. I know many posters have a hard on for Dix and Sandfort, but we are in dire need of some (any!) athletic players to supplement them - not more of the same like Bryce….thank god lil’ McCaffery is not coming…

That’s where I am at, although I’d keep Owen and build around him - something Gonzaga started doing years ago. I know many posters have a hard on for Dix and Sandfort, but we are in dire need of some (any!) athletic players to supplement them - not more of the same like Bryce….thank god lil’ McCaffery is not coming…
Who the hell is Bryce?

As much as this sucks this team still exceeded expectations this season. Solid young core with 2 nice additions. Hopefully Perkins comes back for a 5th year and they land a BIG and or Guard in the portal this team will be top 5 in BIG and Dancing again.
Who is the coach. He would be back as well? Ok. Top 5 in Big. Then lose in first round of NCAA by a score of 92-81. BFD. Same crap different year.
Attendance will be at an all time low. No energy. Suck the life out of basketball fans. Just bad stuff. He has had enough years to do something. Beth let’s move forward.

Ahh no. The team is severely flawed particularly athletically and they have 1 legit BIG caliber big man. Barring a significant transfer or 2 you'd be looking at a similar record to this season.

Who is the coach. He would be back as well? Ok. Top 5 in Big. Then lose in first round of NCAA by a score of 92-81. BFD. Same crap different year.
Attendance will be at an all time low. No energy. Suck the life out of basketball fans. Just bad stuff. He has had enough years to do something. Beth let’s move forward.
OK. I think this team could be good and finally end the sweet 16 misery and once again my best case is hiring DEVRIES as Coach.

If everyone returns plus our two 4 star additions this team will be good. They exceeded expectations as well. What's so difficult to grasp?
Most recruiting services have Tadjo a 3 star, but both look like positive additions, just yet to see significant upgrade in the guard court.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
So Fran gets applauded for being mediocre (still), and not being awful? Think with your head, man, this program is going nowhere (still).
Yeah, even though we had a roster full of experience, we’re still supposed to take some pride in finishing…

…better than 10th!! There’s no reason to think another year with all these same guys will yield significant improvement.

I’m over Perkins. He’s been bad for the last month, looks like he is playing with low energy and moping around. Too many lazy dribbles and passes leading to turnovers. Hand the keys to Brock
I admittedly don’t watch a lot of other BT teams, but the fact that TP was a 2nd team all conference player makes me think it was a very down year for the league….

Nah, Tony is done. Has been for a while.

Krikke and Patrick also need to be done, though I believe at least one of them is for sure.

Payton can go be a bench warmer collecting a nominal fee in the G-League if he wants, but he really should come back for at least one more year. He was way too much of a gunslinging shot chucker this year.

Every time he was coming off the dribble or off a screen and shot one of those quick off-balance 3s because he wanted to be like Caitlin made me want to come through the TV and kick him right in the ball sack. It's that garbage overconfidence thinking he needs to get shots up regardless of the position he's put himself in that is and will be a detriment to any team he plays for, pros included.

But hey..........at least he'd be getting paid to do it.

movies-liar-liar.gif

• Love
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
More experience is not what is needed.

It’s better players and better coaches.
Well said….for every recruiting hit Fran has it seems like he has 3 misses to go along with it. At the end of the day, it’s just not a roster you would think can take you deep in the NCAA Tournament.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT