ADVERTISEMENT

What would you do if your child had a much older SO?

HawkMachine

HB Heisman
Jul 6, 2020
IOWA
My no pic daughter (most would call gorgeous) has been spending time with a man that is for sure 20 years older than her.

She's almost 23 and this man has to be 45. He's divorced and has kids in college.

Started out as work friends and somehow feelings have developed.

She's very mature for her age, always has been. She's always been hit on but boys her age never really interested her because of how immature they were.

This guy? Well established career, makes at least $400k. Has his shit together. Can sit down and have a good conversation. Etc.

Needless to say, I am NOT handling this well.

I told her that the right guy would come around, just maybe not right now.

I pretty much told her to end it. She has WAY too much good going on in her life right now and it's pretty clear this old phuck just wants a hot young girl.

It sickens me.

My 2 cents:

She is an adult.

The harder you push, the more you are going to fight. This guy isn't in it for the long haul,let it play out. Maybe she is enjoying the benefits of being arm candy right now herself. Fish has got to swim, bird has got to eat. If the guy actually does have his shit together, they will quickly part, the lifestyle and focuses of a 45 and 23 year old are miles apart, unless you start throwing around words like "playboy".

Fish has got to swim, bird has got to eat.

d0491d3d235d3c6770014825af0d2961.gif

Reactions: Underscore2
Now you’re pretty much just driving her towards him. The whole forbidden fruit thing.

I would feign acceptance, maybe even excitement. Have them over and talk about boring adult stuff like investments, life/umbrella insurance or favorite MASH episodes.

She’ll get bored eventually. Unless he’s a great lover

Last edited:
Now you’re pretty much just driving her towards him. The whole forbidden fruit thing

I would feign acceptance, maybe even excitement. Have them over and talk about boring adult stuff like investments or life insurance.

She’ll get bored.
Exactly this. Set a Tuesday night golf night with the guy and he won't make it to Christmas.

My no pic daughter (most would call gorgeous) has been spending time with a man that is for sure 20 years older than her.

She's almost 23 and this man has to be 45. He's divorced and has kids in college.

She's very mature for her age, always has been. She's always been hit on but boys her age never really interested her because of how immature they were.

This guy? Well established career, makes at least $400k. Has his shit together. Can sit down and have a good conversation. Etc.

I pretty much told her to end it. She has WAY too much good going on in her life right now and it's pretty clear this old phuck just wants a hot young girl.

It sickens me.
It could be worse.

She'll figure it out. She likes the maturity and knowing that he isn't going to go out with the boys on a Friday night and do God knows what. But she'll eventually realize that she's going to want to have kids some day and he's already past the prime age for doing that. Unless he's super wealthy then maybe kids isn't a concern for her and he will be able to provide something she is looking for. Either way, it's her decision. Love her no matter what and if the guy treats her right, love him too. Or, be a dick and end up having your last conversation with your daughter in the next few months. That's a choice too. Even if you are positive it is a mistake, sometimes people just have to learn these things on their own.

Isn't this a sign of daddy issues?
Could be, it could just be a 23 year old tired of "playing games" who associates age with maturity.

Or

It's a 23 year old that's having fun with a rich dude and being the arm candy at the country club isn't so bad.... bitch these is red bottoms.

It sickens me.

As long as he votes for Trump, I don't see an issue until after election day.

She's a gold digger (if this story isn't complete BS) I worked with a very pretty 25 year old girl, she dated nothing but well off 40 year olds. Come to find out her best friend that she hangs out with all the time does the same thing. She quit and moved to Dallas with a wealthy guy about a year ago.

It sickens me.
i have a couple of female friends like this. Never is the man poor.
Anyways, both couples have been together awhile (good for them) but now the men in are in their mid to late 60's. They look odd together and the girls have transitioned to match the age of their partner. Very weird dynamics.

It sickens me.
Start calling him ‘Son’ in her presence, tell him you love him and you can’t wait until their Special Day. Maybe order a four poster canopy bed complete with expensive Egyptian bedding and have it shipped to his house. Threaten her in front of him that if she “f***s this up” you’ll NEVER forgive her.

She's a gold digger (if this story isn't complete BS) I worked with a very pretty 25 year old girl, she dated nothing but well off 40 year olds. Come to find out her best friend that she hangs out with all the time does the same thing. She quit and moved to Dallas with a wealthy guy about a year ago.
I know a chick that did this too. Moved across the country to be with an older rich dude. Moved back a couple years later with a boob job and face work done. Didn't even have to marry him. Just got the work done and moved back home.

Now you’re pretty much just driving her towards him. The whole forbidden fruit thing.

I would feign acceptance, maybe even excitement. Have them over and talk about boring adult stuff like investments, life/umbrella insurance or favorite MASH episodes.

She’ll get bored eventually. Unless he’s a great lover
^^^ that made me laugh out loud. Make sure to also bring up who was better Burns or Charles, Trapper or Honeycutt, and Blake or Potter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT