ADVERTISEMENT

What's your go-to mobile game to pass the time?

alaskanseminole

HB Legend
Oct 20, 2002
I used to play SWGOH, but that became too much of a chore. These days I tend to migrate towards Solitaire while dropping the kids off at the pool. What about you? What game(s) do you play, if any, to pass the time in waiting rooms, the john, avoiding the MIL, etc.?

Candy crush

I have a cribbage game that is only decent on airplane mode otherwise the ads are too annoying.

Wife and I constantly have. Words with friends game in progress.
I used to play WWF all the time and got tired of it. I wonder if there's a mobile Spades or Hearts game.

Retro Bowl, you get to draft and trade players and build them up over the course of multiple seasons. Damn game is addicting.

Screenshot_20200211-153250_Retro-Bowl-1.jpg

I can't stand mobile games, they are so shallow, ads all the time, limit your playing time unless you pay and are mostly P2W. Do any good games actually exist? I played Marvel Strike force and didnt miss a day for like 4 years, but one day decided to quit because of aforementioned reasons. More of a job than actual fun.

You can be damn sure I'll be checking out Tecmo Retro Bowl though!

Cardgames.io has an app. It's card games and dice games against the computer. The only type of video game that would be allowed if I was made emperor.

Retro Bowl, you get to draft and trade players and build them up over the course of multiple seasons. Damn game is addicting.

Screenshot_20200211-153250_Retro-Bowl-1.jpg
One of my sons plays this a lot and I’m definitely intrigued. But I can get hooked on games really easily so I have to be careful. I have a hard time doing things casually, if I’m doing it, I am going to be awesome at it and it will be obsession until some sort of breaking point.

It’s a browser game, not a mobile game, but years ago someone got a bunch of us on HROT started on Travian. Holy hell, that was an experience. I spent so many hours on that game. It was absurd.

Woodoku. Uses a sudoku grid, but you place blocks like tetris. Has a daily challange, plus "journey mode" where there are specific goals and has preplaced obstructions that you have to work around. Or can just do the old tetris style see how long you can make it. It really keeps my attention and makes me think way ahead as you are given 3 options of block shapes and cannot see the next 3 until you place the prior ones, so you really have to think 2 or 3 steps ahead.

Used to play Clash of clans back in the day. I stopped probably 8 years ago. Mobile games don’t interest me any longer for all the reasons already stated. P2W, constant ads, etc.

One of my sons plays this a lot and I’m definitely intrigued. But I can get hooked on games really easily so I have to be careful. I have a hard time doing things casually, if I’m doing it, I am going to be awesome at it and it will be obsession until some sort of breaking point.
Heck, I even sat up one night and edited the teams to all college teams and even googled the color codes so they had their realistic colors.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Mahjong is fun, I don’t play it regularly though. That’s the only game I have on my phone. I play some word games with my youngest occasionally also.

I used to play SWGOH, but that became too much of a chore. These days I tend to migrate towards Solitaire while dropping the kids off at the pool. What about you? What game(s) do you play, if any, to pass the time in waiting rooms, the john, avoiding the MIL, etc.?
My every day games I play are Wordle, Quordle, Octordle, and Waffle. If I know I will have a lot of waiting around, like at airports, in advance I will print off Sudoku puzzles. I have played them online but prefer doing it on paper to take notes and keep track of my logic.

Reactions: VodkaSam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT