ADVERTISEMENT

When Iowa is 6-1 and 4-0 in the big ten---then post a positive thread!

hawkeyefan76

HB All-State
Aug 22, 2002
There are 3 things that need worked on and fixed IMO

1. O line knowing its roll and reducing errors
2. Run D plugging the holes and working together
3. Receivers holding on to the ball.

I have faith in the coaches and players. Be patient, I really believe this team will be in Indy!!

Relax and enjoy the ride.

Go Hawks!!

Reactions: scotthawk1964
Our OLine is seriously lacking depth. That is very concerning. But if we can stay healthy, we'll be quite fine.

Not sure what is up with the defensive front 7. Gave up another 193 on the ground. Ouch. Basically the same unit as last year. Hoping they can pull it together...

We have no receivers, unfortunately. They can't get open. And when they do, they drop it. This is the most critical unit, in terms of needing to improve quickly. Fingers crossed!

I am not sure there should be a positive thread posted for 6-1. The teams we have beat are ranked 124, 126 and 101 out of 128. Next up are 81st, 99th & 112th. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/cbs/128

That's scary bad for a B1G team.

I guess if we see improvements, it'll be worth noting. Especially in showing any type of depth. And if people can get open and catch the ball. That'll make me quite happy. Who will step up? Will Mitchell see some passes out of the backfield? Something has to happen or we will get pounced by no less than 3 of our last 5 opponents. Most of which at home.

Other than Kittle we have seen nobody help in the TE department also. Pekar can block but haven't seen him catch a pass.

Reducing penalties would help also. I watched the Rutgers game last night, painful to watch but I did. On numerous occasions our tackles s were spread outside the guards and no middle LBer in the middle. They gashed us inside the tackles a lot.

We all knew WR would be an issue. VandeBerg is a good possession receiver. Smith and Schell are not physical enough.

A lot to clean up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT