ADVERTISEMENT

Opinions on why Wisconsin is the favorite in the Big West?

Until Nebraska figures it out, Wisconsin is the only proven west division team that has any chance to compete with the best of the east division. If Rhule can get Nebraska back to where Pelini was 2011-2014, then it will be back to Nebraska and Wisconsin as annual favorites with Illinois, Minnesota, purdue and Iowa jockeying for third best.
Who woke up hillbilly Jim here? 😂

Only thing I’m curious about is if Nebber can continue it’s stranglehold on 7th place in the West!

I do think Fickell is a very overrated coach & will fail at Wisconsin.

But I thought Scott Flop would be an absolute failure at Nebber. So what do I know.

TNB!!! He back😎

Well we honestly would be the clear cut favorite but honestly (lazy or not) when you have the worst power 5 offense in the country the year before there’s bound to be skepticism. Nothing we can do but let it play out on the field. It’s honestly hard not to be skeptical of Brian and our offense. He’s got a QB and some weapons with a great defense. Let’s prove them wrong.

I think it’s a few factors. First is lazy journalism. It’s easy to simply pick Wisky to win because of their previous records. Couple that with a few other factors like a coach that’s almost as hyped up as Deion Sanders, the idea they’re “modernizing the offense”, the B1G West is claimed to be the weakest conference in football, and Iowa still has Brian at the helm of the offense. All of that sums up to an easy claim of Wisconsin winning the conference.

I think most are in for a rude awakening when it comes to their offense. They aren’t going to be the Oregon/Washington-esque offense the media is trying to sell us on.

Luckily we have 6 weeks to study the tape and see what their offense is actually like. I think our game will come down the wire.

Imo, the Shannon suspension is dumb. Will be interesting to see Plummer at Louisville. Always liked him and wanted him to be successful, just felt he was a little to conservative for what Purdue needed. Hope he does well.

I somehow would love to see him win 10 and Brohm only win 6. Though, I think Purdue might have upgraded from Brohm coaching wise (long term). Though admittedly, that's a gut feeling. I Guess it doesn't have much to do with Brohm, just can't stand Louisville fans. They deserve to have bad sports.
Holy F*ck, Jack “the Snack” Plummer still has another year? And at his 3rd school? That’s fantastic actually

• Haha
Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan
I think it’s a few factors. First is lazy journalism. It’s easy to simply pick Wisky to win because of their previous records. Couple that with a few other factors like a coach that’s almost as hyped up as Deion Sanders, the idea they’re “modernizing the offense”, the B1G West is claimed to be the weakest conference in football, and Iowa still has Brian at the helm of the offense. All of that sums up to an easy claim of Wisconsin winning the conference.

I think most are in for a rude awakening when it comes to their offense. They aren’t going to be the Oregon/Washington-esque offense the media is trying to sell us on.

Luckily we have 6 weeks to study the tape and see what their offense is actually like. I think our game will come down the wire.
I think it is also very easy to question if the Wisconsin QB is good enough to elevate the offense. Honestly, pretty decent chance Purdue has a better QB and offense. That's why I don't think it's easy to pick Wisconsin.

Fickle is an exceptional coach, he brought in a PROVEN OC to run an offense that not many in the BIG have seen (but will incorporate the run more than his other stops).
I haven't watched his teams closely but he seems to maximize the impact of his talent. His sideline decision-making is excellent and that can get him 2 more wins in a highly competitive division.

I understand they have won more BTW titles than anyone … but I just don’t see them putting a completely new air raid offense in one off season? It could be a complete disaster or it could be rather successful. Have they recruited high level receivers? Is their o-line gotten quicker? I just don’t see that working out in year 1 but I do like they’re coach and I don’t see it wrapping up all together in year 1 but it could in the next few years… it takes time to switch over radically from a run dominated offense to an air raid … just wondering what receivers they have that they got from the portal or new and up and coming receivers… Sklyer Bell isn’t going to do it … I guess will see and that’s why they play the games

Iowa romps WISCO at Camp Randal
At this stage I believe it's based on a Kirk Ferentz offense at Iowa. Unless it opens up, Wiscy is the safe bet

Reactions: Iron Doc
Until Nebraska figures it out, Wisconsin is the only proven west division team that has any chance to compete with the best of the east division. If Rhule can get Nebraska back to where Pelini was 2011-2014, then it will be back to Nebraska and Wisconsin as annual favorites with Illinois, Minnesota, purdue and Iowa jockeying for third best.
You mean that period where Nebraska made 1 B1G title game and Wisconsin hung 70 on you? Those Cornhuskers?

Yes those years where Neb beat Iowa 3 out of 4 and the only win Iowa had was when Nebraska started a 3rd string walk on at QB. BTW, Iowa fans know a lot about losing a bigten champ game by 39 points.
What's the head to head record since the 2 teams have been in the Big 10? Also when Nebby got smoked in the title game let's not forget they were going against the 3rd place team since OSU and PSU were ineligible that year due to punishments from Tressel era and Sandusky scandal.

What's the head to head record since the 2 teams have been in the Big 10? Also when Nebby got smoked in the title game let's not forget they were going against the 3rd place team since OSU and PSU were ineligible that year due to punishments from Tressel era and Sandusky scandal.
A 39 point loss is a 39 point loss no matter how hypocritical Iowa fans want to spin it. Nebraska fans know Nebraska has sucked since 2015 and their record against Iowa since then, minus last season of course lol, is proof of the suckage. Lose to Iowa and your team sucks, beat Iowa and your team has done what’s expected. Nebraska should always beat Iowa 75% of the time just like they did from the 70s through 2014.

Why? History. 6 of the 12 BTC games have included Wisconsin, including 4 of the 9 games under the East/West divisions. Only twice since the start of the BTC game has Wisconsin finished worse than second in their division. It's a safe prediction, and up to Iowa or another team in the West to prove the prognosticators wrong.

A 39 point loss is a 39 point loss no matter how hypocritical Iowa fans want to spin it. Nebraska fans know Nebraska has sucked since 2015 and their record against Iowa since then, minus last season of course lol, is proof of the suckage. Lose to Iowa and your team sucks, beat Iowa and your team has done what’s expected. Nebraska should always beat Iowa 75% of the time just like they did from the 70s through 2014.
Historically speaking, little nebbie was only great for 3 decades - 70s, 80s, and 90s. You were absolute dogshit in the 40s and 50s, and you were Purdue levels of mediocre in the 60s. Once the new century hit, you started having seasons about as good as a Minnesota(which of course is not great), losing your elite status. Then the 10s hit and your Northwestern levels of bad most times. This has continued into the 20s with some of the worst records in your program’s history. Northwestern now owns you too. So if you’re able to do math, which I doubt, little nebbie has been bad almost as long as they had been good.

Iowa on the other hand were horrendous in the 70s, yes. But once Hayden took over at the end of the decade, things turned around in an almost miracle-esque fashion. Since then, our program has been on the rise decade by decade. Culminating in Iowa being in the top 20 most winningest teams for the past 10 years. We’ve established ourselves as a consistent winning program.

Taking both of these into account, beating Iowa is likely he most impressive thing the low tier bugeaters can do, since we’re around 3-4 tiers higher than you. Beating Iowa is actually one of the best things over 100 other programs in the nation can do too. There are only 15 or so teams where it is expected now due to how often we win. The numbers don’t lie, so have fun crying in your dick shaped pillow about it.

Why? History. 6 of the 12 BTC games have included Wisconsin, including 4 of the 9 games under the East/West divisions. Only twice since the start of the BTC game has Wisconsin finished worse than second in their division. It's a safe prediction, and up to Iowa or another team in the West to prove the prognosticators wrong.
That's the thing though: this Wisconsin team doesn't have much if anything in common with those Wisconsin teams. Their fundamental nature has changed, and they're the same in name only. To use historical precedent is meaningless.

You could argue they are going to be even better than old Wisconsin was at its peak; but they're still different and the reason for their success would have next to nothing in common with old Wisconsin.

I for one am glad we don't have to deal with Wisconsin under their old leadership and style again. They gave us fits and were us but a better version of us. That's gone now. I'm hopeful that in doing away with what made them great in the 2010s they are at best renting short-term success with Fickell before coming back down to earth.

I think it's very possible Wisconsin ends up the best team in the West. Seems like with the transfer portal teams can be great in year one with new coaches and schemes, and everything they've done on paper looks good. At the same time though, there's also a very real chance it's all a mirage (see Frost's Nebraska) and they're bad and fall flat on their face, this whole thing just never working out for them.

That's the thing though: this Wisconsin team doesn't have much if anything in common with those Wisconsin teams. Their fundamental nature has changed, and they're the same in name only. To use historical precedent is meaningless.

You could argue they are going to be even better than old Wisconsin was at its peak; but they're still different and the reason for their success would have next to nothing in common with old Wisconsin.

I for one am glad we don't have to deal with Wisconsin under their old leadership and style again. They gave us fits and were us but a better version of us. That's gone now. I'm hopeful that in doing away with what made them great in the 2010s they are at best renting short-term success with Fickell before coming back down to earth.

I think it's very possible Wisconsin ends up the best team in the West. Seems like with the transfer portal teams can be great in year one with new coaches and schemes, and everything they've done on paper looks good. At the same time though, there's also a very real chance it's all a mirage (see Frost's Nebraska) and they're bad and fall flat on their face, this whole thing just never working out for them.
Everything you said about Wisconsin, I could say the same about Purdue, and argue Purdue has a better QB. West is wide open!

WHY? Haha. Why should they beat Iowa that often? I hate to break it to you, but for the 98.45% of Americans who don’t live in Nebraska or Iowa, the two programs are indistinguishable as far as current prestige, potential or anything else. 😂 The astute ones will respect Nebraska’s far superior history 30+ years ago, but they certainly won’t think it’s too relevant, lmao.

WHY? Haha. Why should they beat Iowa that often? I hate to break it to you, but for the 98.45% of Americans who don’t live in Nebraska or Iowa, the two programs are indistinguishable as far as current prestige, potential or anything else. 😂 The astute ones will respect Nebraska’s far superior history 30+ years ago, but they certainly won’t think it’s too relevant, lmao.
There’s no other team in the bigten west that gets bigten west opposing fan bases to unite against it. If what you posted were true, you wouldn’t be on the Iowa site defending Iowa football. We embrace the hate and know it exists as no other west team has a history in the past 50 years even close to Nebraska, no bigten west team comes close to what Nebraska did on the field 1962-2014. From 1962-2022 Iowa may be able to claim being better than Nebraska about 13 times including 2015-2022.

• Haha
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
No.

Nebraska fans, all of them, believe every year will be THE year....then Nebraska actually plays games and the normal Nebraska fan shuts up.

There’s no other team in the bigten west that gets bigten west opposing fan bases to unite against it. If what you posted were true, you wouldn’t be on the Iowa site defending Iowa football. We embrace the hate and know it exists as no other west team has a history in the past 50 years even close to Nebraska, no bigten west team comes close to what Nebraska did on the field 1962-2014. From 1962-2022 Iowa may be able to claim being better than Nebraska about 13 times including 2015-2022.
Snore............

Cool story bro.

Nebraska will suck AGAIN this year.
I've penned in the auto-win already

Next

Nebraska will be worse than Purdue this year. Prove me wrong.
Purdue has a very good qb. I see them around 3rd though. Prohm kinda crapped on how he left. I think your qb is named Card? He's excellent from what i hear. I'd say right now there is 4 or 5 qbs that can be called good to great. Nebby has been ranked in the top 20 three times in the last 22 years. Irrelevant is an understatement and losing to them is embarrassing. Glad we got the 1 per decade over with last year in a purely fluke loss to those bottom feeders. Glad for you boiler fans Prohm is gone. Hope he fails miserably.

• Haha
Snore............

Cool story bro.

Nebraska will suck AGAIN this year.
I've penned in the auto-win already

Next

Nebraska will be worse than Purdue this year. Prove me wrong.

Purdue has a very good qb. I see them around 3rd though. Prohm kinda crapped on how he left. I think your qb is named Card? He's excellent from what i hear. I'd say right now there is 4 or 5 qbs that can be called good to great. Nebby has been ranked in the top 20 three times in the last 22 years. Irrelevant is an understatement and losing to them is embarrassing. Glad we got the 1 per decade over with last year in a purely fluke loss to those bottom feeders. Glad for you boiler fans Prohm is gone. Hope he fails miserably.
I love it, little bro fans of bigten west teams unite against big bro Nebraska!!!! Best validation of Nebraska’s big bro status in the west division. Bbbwwwaaaaa

I have Purdue 3-5 in the west. Walters will end up better than Brohm, gut feeling.

• Wow
What a miserable life to be a husker fan.

I love it, little bro fans of bigten west teams unite against big bro Nebraska!!!! Best validation of Nebraska’s big bro status in the west division. Bbbwwwaaaaa
Nebby is the little bro in the big. I'd have you on ignore but when you deny facts that you can google i get a chuckle. You're such a moron you honestly make me ecstatic I'm a hawkeye fan and not a nebby fan. But, but 30 years ago, blah blah blah. Iowa owns you on the field and in your head. You're obsessed with the Hawkeyes. We're in your head and you can't come to terms that Iowa is the superior program. But over a decade before the players were born nebby was good. The Hawkeyes own nebby and you. Lmao! Lil bro obsession with big bro is hysterical! Hang out on the Iowa board so you can be on a board with a winning team and try and remember what a bowl game is, lmao!

Doesn't Nebraska have to be good to be "big bro"? Idc that Nebraska was good 20 years ago. You sound like an iu basketball fan.
Nope, no other bigten west team is big bro enough to have opposing fan bases uniting to try and take down big bro. We’re big bro until a bigten west team takes it by winning something significant (conf championship or CFP game) and maintaining some level of greatness, Wisconsin has been closest.
What a miserable life to be a husker fan.

Nebby is the little bro in the big. I'd have you on ignore but when you deny facts that you can google i get a chuckle. You're such a moron you honestly make me ecstatic I'm a hawkeye fan and not a nebby fan. But, but 30 years ago, blah blah blah. Iowa owns you on the field and in your head. You're obsessed with the Hawkeyes. We're in your head and you can't come to terms that Iowa is the superior program. But over a decade before the players were born nebby was good. The Hawkeyes own nebby and you. Lmao! Lil bro obsession with big bro is hysterical! Hang out on the Iowa board so you can be on a board with a winning team and try and remember what a bowl game is, lmao!
Hawkeye fans are poor winners and poor losers. You guys have crap karma as you’re crap people and this season your bad karma will get you at some point. Nebraska fans are great people and we’ve been blessed as such.

• Haha
Nope, no other bigten west team is big bro enough to have opposing fan bases uniting to try and take down big bro. We’re big bro until a bigten west team takes it by winning something significant (conf championship or CFP game) and maintaining some level of greatness, Wisconsin has been closest.

Hawkeye fans are poor winners and poor losers. You guys have crap karma as you’re crap people and this season your bad karma will get you at some point. Nebraska fans are great people and we’ve been blessed as such.
And you still live on the Iowa board. We're big bro and everything you accuse Iowa fans of you do times 100. Get off the internet, kiss your cousin, and keep pretending that nebby football isn't the little bro to every big 10 team. Pretty cocky guy when staring down another losing season and no bowl game. Lol, lil bro has an obsession with Iowa.

And you still live on the Iowa board. We're big bro and everything you accuse Iowa fans of you do times 100. Get off the internet, kiss your cousin, and keep pretending that nebby football isn't the little bro to every big 10 team. Pretty cocky guy when staring down another losing season and no bowl game. Lol, lil bro has an obsession with Iowa.
Lol…..ok little bro….bbbbwwwwaaaaaa

• Haha

No one is trying to tear you down. You are already there. People are laughing at you thinking Nebraska is better than the 6th best team in the West.

No one is trying to tear you down. You are already there. People are laughing at you thinking Nebraska is better than the 6th best team in the West.
Link?? Nebraska is currently where their record places them, Nebraska is the only west team still considered a blueblood by every unbiased pundit that makes those lists and therefore is big bro to all other bigten west teams. The fact that opposing fan bases only unite on each others boards to trash nebraska is proof. Thanks for playing and, please, continue proving my point for me. There’s a Minnesota fan, right now, on the Nebraska board defending Iowa football against Nebraska, their handle is “IHATEIOWA” so yes Nebraskas vastly superior, elite history still triggers every other bigten west fan base.

Link?? Nebraska is currently where their record places them, Nebraska is the only west team still considered a blueblood by every unbiased pundit that makes those lists and therefore is big bro to all other bigten west teams. The fact that opposing fan bases only unite on each others boards to trash nebraska is proof. Thanks for playing and, please, continue proving my point for me. There’s a Minnesota fan, right now, on the Nebraska board defending Iowa football against Nebraska, their handle is “IHATEIOWA” so yes Nebraskas vastly superior, elite history still triggers every other bigten west fan base.
Link to what? Nebraska is no different than Purdue in 2022. Call me when you make a bowl.

Besides, shouldn't you be calling Minnesota big bro? I'm thinking they have won more national championships than Nebraska?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Link to what? Nebraska is no different than Purdue in 2022. Call me when you make a bowl.

Besides, shouldn't you be calling Minnesota big bro? I'm thinking they have won more national championships than Nebraska?
Link to where I stated nebraska is better currently than their record shows. Nebraska triggers you fools with their stellar, elite history, 60 years of dominance including over the bigten, then another 14 above average most seasons before this current slump.

As stated, all the unbiased pundits still consider Nebraska a blueblood and a top 10 all time team. Minnesota is neither. All bigten west teams are Nebraskas little bros today, you’re telling me it’s not true, but you’re showing me it is. Bbbbwwwwaaaaa. Keep up the good work of proving me correct.

Link to where I stated nebraska is better currently than their record shows. Nebraska triggers you fools with their stellar, elite history, 60 years of dominance including over the bigten, then another 14 above average most seasons before this current slump.

As stated, all the unbiased pundits still consider Nebraska a blueblood and a top 10 all time team. Minnesota is neither. All bigten west teams are Nebraskas little bros today, you’re telling me it’s not true, but you’re showing me it is. Bbbbwwwwaaaaa. Keep up the good work of proving me correct.
Good luck getting above .500.

Maybe this will be the year and you can regale us with stories!!!!!!!

.....or we'll just get back to kicking your ass again per the usual.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT