ADVERTISEMENT

When joe drops out who is the new vp on the dem ticket?

She is most likely living her best life right now.

Zero reason to screw that up.

I kind of prefer it that way. I would easily vote for her over Trump but I just don't believe being married to a previous president counts as relevant experience. At least Clinton spent some time in the senate and the cabinet.

But she hasn't attempted a coup and can speak in complete sentences. So she's easily preferable over Trump.

They’ll want someone dumb enough to make Kamala shine in comparison.

Does someone like that exist?

Yeah. But he's on the top of the other ticket.

200w.gif

Shapiro - 40%
(Kamala)
Roy Cooper - 25% (no chance IMO)
Whitmer/Beshear - 8% each

Beshear or Shapiro would both be excellent choices FWIW.
Beshear would be my number 2 pick after Shapiro. No way they pick a woman if Kamala is at the top of the ticket.

Or I think Bernie is a good choice. They screwed him over twice the least they can do is a courtesy reach around.

Seriously. Someone just tried to shoot Trump. I’m sure she wants to jump into politics in this environment.
I think that’s the fundamental problem we see in today’s politics. Even the failed assassination attempt aside, the political environment in America is so toxic and cutthroat that there is not many genuinely good people left willing to run for office. Seriously. About the only politicians willing to stay in or jump in are those well-established who are addicted to power and are corrupt AF.

I mean, who else would want to put themselves or their families through all the crap that comes with running for office today unless they were completely corrupt and evil? That’s the effect that comes with all the vitriol and polemics.

So, while all the minions are pointing fingers at the other side of minions, we have a bunch of dirt bags running the country who do not give two shits about anyone other than those well-connected who can help advance their careers and increase their bank accounts. Too many dumbasses who are stuck on Team Blue vs. Team Red don’t get that and probably never will. So, whether the fanfare is over Donald Trump or some other politician, it’s about like crazed sports fans wanting to beat up opposing fans at a football game for wearing the wrong team’s apparel. But I’m sure Donald Trump cares as much about Joe the Plumber as say Patrick Mahomes does—as I imagine both have yard signs and posters at home of Joe the Plumber with his arm down a toilet trying to wrangle a turd loose. Surely the love and admiration are mutual, right? 😝

But that’s how stupid the average American is, and probably the main reason the founding fathers established the electoral college to protect American democracy from a dumb, ignorant populace of ne’er-do-wells and inbreds.

It looks like the founding fathers’ efforts have finally failed.

Feels so much like when it was clear Bobby needed to go, but he refused. And then people will complain it took too long, look at the hole he dug but the other side will say he earned to go out on his own.

Put himself in a lose lose due to being so hardheaded.

I think the Dems with serious presidential aspirations (Whitmer, Newsome, Buttigieg, etc) will sit this one out. It seems obvious that Kamala will have a serious uphill battle. She is better than Biden, but I personally believe she will lose. Why attach your name to a losing ticket? Better to keep your powder dry for 2028.

Now if one of them truly thought that democracy is at risk then perhaps they would jump on the bandwagon, but some how I doubt it.

I think the Dems with serious presidential aspirations (Whitmer, Newsome, Buttigieg, etc) will sit this one out. It seems obvious that Kamala will have a serious uphill battle. She is better than Biden, but I personally believe she will lose. Why attach your name to a losing ticket? Better to keep your powder dry for 2028.

Now if one of them truly thought that democracy is at risk then perhaps they would jump on the bandwagon, but some how I doubt it.
nobody truly thinks democracy is at risk . we have a republic with democratic-style voting. now, the republic is at risk?? probably

What are the odds that when trump enters the political fray in 2016 and again in 2020, the Dems have perhaps the two most unlikeable, despised and universally disdained candidates and in Hillary and Kamala. It's unbelievable really. Had Joe gone with his gut and had about anyone else be his running mate in 2020, Dems would be in good shape now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT