ADVERTISEMENT

When the West Coast States Want to Secede, Will Republican 1-Party Rule Let Them? - Now with POLL

If some states want to leave the Union, will the GOP federal gov't let them?

• Total voters
Better pass this then

Good luck with that. The Dems will want to include voting rights in it and the GQP will simply oppose it on Trumpian "moral" grounds.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Good luck with that. The Dems will want to include voting rights in it and the GQP will simply oppose it on Trumpian "moral" grounds.
Needs to be a straight up electoral count reform bill…like it’s name.

But you’re probably right…Dems will stuff in their federal takeover of elections stiff and sink it….

They can try and pass their “voting rights” bill separating.

The electoral count reform act is too important for the Dems to play politics with.

Reactions: goldmom
Needs to be a straight up electoral count reform bill…like it’s name.

But you’re probably right…Dems will stuff in their federal takeover of elections stiff and sink it….

They can try and pass their “voting rights” bill separating.

The electoral count reform act is too important for the Dems to play politics with.
Funny (actually not at all) that you don't mention the Republicans who will oppose it..but that's not "playing politics", huh? That's just a "principled stand" to leave it as-is for future manipulation?

Reactions: Tom Paris
Funny (actually not at all) that you don't mention the Republicans who will oppose it..but that's not "playing politics", huh? That's just a "principled stand" to leave it as-is for future manipulation?
Do you want the Electoral Count Reform Act to pass? If the answer is yes….separate bills. It’s that simple.

If you want both to fail…stuff in “voting rights” bill stuff with it.

Reactions: goldmom and ICHerky
What are the blue states reasons for seceding?
Tired of providing the majority of the economy and having the red states suck off the teats of blue states. Tired of lack of executive branch representation that doesn't represent the majority of the nation's choice for president due to the electoral college and small state rule in the Senate. Finally, tired of the destruction of our democracy.

Time to get rid of the jetsam.

We are out of Iowa within the decade, regardless. State is a dumpster fire because of the Iowa GOP
I hadn't planned on going back to Iowa, but will never go back now. I enjoyed its former balanced purple status it enjoyed 25+ years ago. Remember when Iowa was the only state that had the majority of white males vote for Obama? Imagine that ever happening again.

Tired of providing the majority of the economy and having the red states suck off the teats of blue states. Tired of lack of executive branch representation that doesn't represent the majority of the nation's choice for president due to the electoral college and small state rule in the Senate. Finally, tired of the destruction of our democracy.

Oh yes, economic juggernauts of Connecticut, Rhode Island, Nebraska, South Dakota, West Virginia, Montana, Iowa, Idaho, Oklahoma and Nevada.

I would imagine when the bar has been set so low its pretty easy to recover economically.

I hadn't planned on going back to Iowa, but will never go back now. I enjoyed its former balanced purple status it enjoyed 25+ years ago. Remember when Iowa was the only state that had the majority of white males vote for Obama? Imagine that ever happening again.
Iowa was a great place just 20 years ago. Full GOP control since 2016 has decimated it. Our waterways are nearly shit now. See my thread on that below

Keep reading. Where are people moving to….they sure must like “authoritarianism” 🤣
Cheaper land equals cheaper housing. I'd be curious how many of those people can work for companies at home now, post pandemic and that's driving the shift. Then ask how many of those jobs are from companies in blue states.

Last edited:
Cheaper land equals cheaper housing. I'd be curious how many of those people can work for companies at home now post pandemic and that's driving the shift. Then ask how many of those jobs are from companies in blue states.
It ain’t cheaper in Florida…

Quite the argument for blue states….Companies are based here but employees move the F out of state first chance they get!!! 🤣

Some awesome billboard material right there.

Reactions: 24 so far
Thats easy
Kill babies
Tax people into oblivion
So they can get Married to anything
So they can control the press and media totally
Confiscate Guns
Paper straws
Electric vehicles
Windmills for all
Just to name a few.......
Those don’t seem like good reasons 😉

So the Libs will take over the military installations with tweed jackets and Starbucks cups?

pretty sure if you secede from a country there are no parting gifts.

Last edited:
Living under authoritarian rule doesn’t seem like a reason? Minority, radical white Christian Nationalist rule? Don’t rise to the level? I mean, why did we leave England?
We declared independence from England because…

1. We didn’t have representation in Parliament- California, Illinois and New York are 1st, 3rd and 5th in representatives in Congress.

2. Over-taxation- Once again…California, Illinois and New York are poster children for over-taxation

You’re effort to avoid making a comparison to the confederacy has fallen short. You’re better off just proclaiming them similar to South Carolina and Mississippi in 1862. They didn’t get to keep their slaves. Dems don’t get to keep killing babies.

1. We didn’t have representation in Parliament- California, Illinois and New York are 1st, 3rd and 5th in representatives in Congress.
All for naught because what California wants and passes in the House gets shut down in the Senate where a Wyoming citizen has 68 times the representation of a California citizen.

Thats easy
Kill babies
Tax people into oblivion
Confiscate Guns
Paper straws
Electric vehicles
Windmills for all
This is what you get when you let the idiots on the right define what we on the left stand for.

Yeah, sure, some idiots on the left will define the right in equally childish terms, but the truth is that even when you let the right define what they stand for, they don't sound all that great.

Here's a better-than-reality view of what Republicans used to stand for. But what they stand for today is what this program calls the Tea Party.

Ever wonder why nobody talks about the Tea Party any more? Because it replaced the GOP and stole its name.

So the flotsam can stay?

Reactions: 83Hawk
All for naught because what California wants and passes in the House gets shut down in the Senate where a Wyoming citizen has 68 times the representation of a California citizen.
Luckily you have Vermont, Maine, Hawaii, , New Hampshire, Rhode Island and others to pull the weight for you.

Luckily you have Vermont, Maine, Hawaii, , New Hampshire, Rhode Island and others to pull the weight for you.
You are absolutely right about most of those (not Maine), but keep going down the list. Who comes out ahead?

And the thing is, you already know who comes out ahead - and yet you posted that comment anyway.

So california will have to sell the stuff they make as they do today. They will also have to build a military from scratch.

also the flood of illegals and homeless will explode.

California would still need tourists.

I doubt the impact would be all that great.

Reactions: Speedway1
You are absolutely right about most of those (not Maine), but keep going down the list. Who comes out ahead?

And the thing is, you already know who comes out ahead - and yet you posted that comment anyway.
Well…at the top you also have Texas and Florida, right? So…No one. It’s 2 for each. Bicameral. The electoral college is also skewed to the bigger states. 2 out of 3.

So then pass what you want in CA and leave Wyoming citizens out of it.
Blue States just want to pass things at the federal level so they can print money to pay for them. States are forbidden from this route, and have no federal reserve bank waiting to print money and buy their debt instruments.

Thats easy
Kill babies
Tax people into oblivion
Confiscate Guns
Paper straws
Electric vehicles
Windmills for all
Tell me you’re a dupe without telling me you’re a dupe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT