ADVERTISEMENT

Where could I find 3A Iowa HS wrestling results…

Spooner isn’t always right. But in the land of the blind, the guy with one eye is king. (Or Queen, if that’s what they prefer.)

Or I’m just usually right.

Regardless, I don’t know why this is even a thing. Feels like I’m being accused of something that’s not actually happening.

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
Southeast Polk vs Waverly Shellrock now on Flo mat 6. I just watched Joel Jesuroga beat a tough Diaz kid. SEP is up 17-8. About to be 20-8

The dirtiest thing the private schools like the Dons do is control admissions/class size. It's criminal that they're in 8 man yet have rosters the size of A and probably some 1A schools.
I teach at Bosco. You are outside your mind if you think a school like DB is denying kids to keep their class sizes low. As well, they do not recruit kids. They'll gladly take a student if they want to attend, but they don't call up kids or offer free rides for them to play sports.

I teach at Bosco. You are outside your mind if you think a school like DB is denying kids to keep their class sizes low. As well, they do not recruit kids. They'll gladly take a student if they want to attend, but they don't call up kids or offer free rides for them to play sports.
There's absolutely no excuse for the Dons to be 8 man, that's supposed to be reserved for the little guys who don't have a chance at the bigger schools. Instead you've got a couple big fish slaughtering all the rest in the small pond.

Reactions: Gobblin
There's absolutely no excuse for the Dons to be 8 man, that's supposed to be reserved for the little guys who don't have a chance at the bigger schools. Instead you've got a couple big fish slaughtering all the rest in the small pond.
No, it's reserved for schools with low BEDS numbers. You can't divide classes based on participation numbers. And are we just going to ignore your other accusations?

No, it's reserved for schools with low BEDS numbers. You can't divide classes based on participation numbers. And are we just going to ignore your other accusations?
What other accusations? My only accusation is that private schools keep a close eye on class sizes. Big fish in a small pond and whatnot.

Never said they recruit, they have all of Waterloo to pick from, and why wouldn't a kid want to go there and be on a perennially dominant team? F*** the Dons, but if I was in the waterloo area you can bet I'd be sending my kids there.

Reactions: Gobblin
You are right - private/catholic schools don't actively recruit. They just offer camps, "support" with a wink - wink travel teams by who the coaches are, coaches who offer private instruction, etc. I saw it though my own actual participation when my public high school (1A) with a graduating class of 65 had to play Cedar Rapids Regis in the state basketball tournament and through my son's travel league play. Please don't ever try to say they don't take advantage of every opportunity available. While open enrollment may have somewhat leveled the playing field, it's hardly equal.

“The school” may not recruit but “they” absofreakinglutely recruit. Pretending otherwise is being dishonest at best.

You are right - private/catholic schools don't actively recruit. They just offer camps, "support" with a wink - wink travel teams by who the coaches are, coaches who offer private instruction, etc. I saw it though my own actual participation when my public high school (1A) with a graduating class of 65 had to play Cedar Rapids Regis in the state basketball tournament and through my son's travel league play. Please don't ever try to say they don't take advantage of every opportunity available. While open enrollment may have somewhat leveled the playing field, it's hardly equal.
They most certainly recruit. At every chance they get. Otherwise the school closes. It seems that having to provide the $’s to stay alive as a school are important. The interesting part is what they have to offer, come pay $$$’s to go to school or OE for free. Good pitch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT