• FCS OC

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Analyst

Votes: 73 33.2%

• Total voters

DutchyFunStar

HR MVP
Aug 8, 2014
I didn't list "Selling Insurance" because way too many folks on here would choose that and I think he still has a career in FB. If you've seen the video of him coaching outside zone, you can tell he can coach.

BF Outside Zone

Reactions: Chicagoherky71
other - high school position coach, he'll be fired the first year for benching the best qb on the team in favor of some statue who turns the ball over at least twice per game and when asked why he doesn't switch qbs by the pissed off parents he replies "what's the upside". He returns home to find his house burned down.

9o5z.gif

Depends. He has young kids in school. Both sets of grandparents in eastern Iowa. Family may matter more and not moving kids around.

Reactions: RLMHAWK
Somewhere in Eastern Iowa. UNI is his ceiling.
City, West, Regina, Liberty is his floor.

A change of scenery might be a big help to him. It did not work out as OC at Iowa for him. Maybe getting a new perspective somewhere else could turn his career around.

Somewhere he can show Iowa what a huge mistake they made. I’d have said Iowa State, but they don’t seem to have any spots open. I’d guess position coach at another Big Ten program.

Somewhere he can show Iowa what a huge mistake they made. I’d have said Iowa State, but they don’t seem to have any spots open. I’d guess position coach at another Big Ten program.
Do you mean the mistake of not leaving him as OL coach instead of promoting him to a position he clearly wasn't capable of handling?

Iowa had good success when Brian OL coach and run game coordinator. He should do fine being a P5 position coach.

Do you mean the mistake of not leaving him as OL coach instead of promoting him to a position he clearly wasn't capable of handling?
Seeing it as a huge mistake was me guessing what Brian Ferentz’s state of mind is as he looks for his next job.

He was the worst OC in college football, and should have never been promoted beyond OL coach.
Of course if you’d ask Brian he may have a different opinion.

Brian was just not qualified or had the experience to be an OC. Does not mean he is not a good position coach.
Barta and KF, I believe, were trying to get Brian a coordinator's job so they could name him head coach once KF retired.
Being fair to Brian, dad and Barta put him in a position to fail.
Should have hired an experience OC and assign Brian under that person.
I support KF but this was not a great move by him.

Reactions: amahawk
I voted NFL position coach, but just given how late in the coaching carousel process it is, it’s probably more likely he serves in some sort of analyst role in 2024 like what Lester did with the Packers, and then he’ll have more chances for the 2025 season to get something more permanent.

Or he could decide to just take a year off, it’s not like he needs the money and I’m sure he’s been working insane hours for many years so it’s not like he hasn’t earned a little time off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT