ADVERTISEMENT

Where Does The Bar Stand?

PlutoDroid

HR All-State
Aug 16, 2015
I recently talked to a Penn State alum. He told me the expectation for Franklin remains the same, even with expansion. He must stay ahead of Oregon, USC, and Washington. UCLA is irrelevant to his base.

How do you feel? Ferentz needs to stay top five in conference? Or just below the elites, but ahead of mid tier?

Our bar should always shoot for a B1G Championship and a spot in the CFB Playoffs. With the expanded playoffs coming, it should be plausible for us to make it to the playoffs every year with our amazing defense and special teams, we just need an offense that isn't abhorrently inept.

My personal bar for Iowa in the new conference format is to always hover in that top 7ish and greater than 50+% of the season's finish inside the top 5. Maybe once every 5 years be within the top 3 and in conference title talks. With that said, this one giant conference format with no divisions won't last very long, IMO. I believe after the next round of expansion when they get to 20 or 24, they'll bracket them back into divisions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT