ADVERTISEMENT

Which Trump VP selection would worry Dems the most?

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
I imagine he will name one sooner than later in order to get them out there, to be compared to VP Harris. So, who would be the best choice for him (that he will legitimately choose) to help boost his chances. In other words, who would worry the Dems the most if selected?

Names being floated are Tim Scott, JD Vance, Elise Stefanik and Lindsey Graham. None of which I think are particularly helpful to capture the middle. Names that would shake things up are Joe Manchin and RFK Jr.

Who would worry you as someone who doesn't want Trump to win?

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Trump personality and polarization is so strong I just don’t see it as moving the needle. With Biden, Harris has more of an effect because of age but with Trump, I think people wil make up the minds without even considering the vp

So for this democrat, I just don’t think it makes any difference.

I imagine he will name one sooner than later in order to get them out there, to be compared to VP Harris. So, who would be the best choice for him (that he will legitimately choose) to help boost his chances. In other words, who would worry the Dems the most if selected?

Names being floated are Tim Scott, JD Vance, Elise Stefanik and Lindsey Graham. None of which I think are particularly helpful to capture the middle. Names that would shake things up are Joe Manchin and RFK Jr.

Who would worry you as someone who doesn't want Trump to win?
RFK Jr . Great punchline. Set up wasn’t very good though.

I think Trump will go with someone inexperienced who kisses his ass. If they’re a reasonably attractive woman, even better.

I’m sure Trump thinks he went the solid, experienced, conservative partner with Pence and that didn’t work out. He won’t think of it like who would be a worthy successor or who could carry his message. Just who sucks up to him the most.

Doesn’t matter. Trump isn’t winning against Biden no matter what.

Multiple articles saying how moderates and independents no longer support Trump in the numbers they did last time. It’s over.

Stefanik is a Trump attack dog who would give the appearance of non-establishment while balancing the ticket gender-wise.
Trump probably enjoy the cat-fight aspect of elise debating Kamala Harris.

Stefanik is a Trump attack dog who would give the appearance of non-establishment while balancing the ticket gender-wise.
Trump probably enjoy the cat-fight aspect of elise debating Kamala Harris.
Too ugly needs a tummy tuck and a boob job first. Nancy Mace is more likely.

Multiple articles saying how moderates and independents no longer support Trump in the numbers they did last time. It’s over.
The popular vote won’t be close. But I do worry he will have support in the right places and the electoral college gives him a chance.

The popular vote won’t be close. But I do worry he will have support in the right places and the electoral college gives him a chance.
Only frontline nut jobs participate in polls IMO.

Everyday he loses voters. He isn’t gaining shit.

this is likely where the nut job right bottoms out. 2028 should be fresh faces as the current crop ages out.

I think Trump will go with someone inexperienced who kisses his ass. If they’re a reasonably attractive woman, even better.

I’m sure Trump thinks he went the solid, experienced, conservative partner with Pence and that didn’t work out. He won’t think of it like who would be a worthy successor or who could carry his message. Just who sucks up to him the most.
This ^ Trump doesn't do well with people who might challenge him, even privately. Trump is the ultimate narcissist. Trump will never even contemplate old school thinking of getting a VP who might help him win some segment of the electorate.

I'm not so sure about that. The support for Biden isn't strong either. This thing will be a coin toss. I say that as someone who will vote for Biden. It will come down to turnout in about 5 or 6 states. I could easily see GA and AZ flipping back to Trump.

A Treason majority on the night of the certification of the Electoral vote count in the House of Representatives is the biggest threat.

I'm not so sure about that. The support for Biden isn't strong either. This thing will be a coin toss. I say that as someone who will vote for Biden. It will come down to turnout in about 5 or 6 states. I could easily see GA and AZ flipping back to Trump.
He's not winning a free and fair election..Yes turnout is absolutely key.

• Sad
Reactions: funksouljon
It will be: 1) a woman and 2) a kiss ass

Elise Stefanik and Sarah Huck Sanders seem to fit the bill because neither would try to compete with him for the spotlight like Kari Lake would.

To answer the OP, none of those would influence voters.

There's enough people who are pro USA left and anti Fascist so the statement is accurate
If Biden doesn't get the blacks and other minorities to come out for him in full force, he is toast...in a free and fair election. So, only half of your statement was correct. He very much can win a free and fair election and it's 100% dependent on turnout. But I don't see anyone excited to get out there and vote for Biden. It's like being excited that Joe Flacco is coming back to be your QB again.

I think it's someone that gives the right leaning suburban people, the folks reluctant to Trump a better feeling about voting for him. Creates sort of a permission structure in their mind that feels OK voting for a Trump ticket because X, Y or Z is the VP.

I think Kristi Noem could fit that box well. Tim Scott could too.

Reactions: h-hawk
As others have said, trump will not choose someone of integrity and many Republicans of integrity would not choose to serve with trump. As Republicans go I kind of like John Kasich.

If Biden doesn't get the blacks and other minorities to come out for him in full force, he is toast...in a free and fair election. So, only half of your statement was correct. He very much can win a free and fair election and it's 100% dependent on turnout. But I don't see anyone excited to get out there and vote for Biden. It's like being excited that Joe Flacco is coming back to be your QB again.

Seeing the alternative should hopefully motivate people like it did in 2020.

This is a contradiction. If there's no chance he can win a free and fair election then turnout doesn't matter.
There is certainly a chance he will win. He did in 2016. However, turnout is key. Biden will need to turn out the people to vote against Trump. I don’t know that Biden has enough voters who are enthused to turn out for him. He needs to enthuse people to turn out to vote against Trump.

Only frontline nut jobs participate in polls IMO.

Everyday he loses voters. He isn’t gaining shit.

this is likely where the nut job right bottoms out. 2028 should be fresh faces as the current crop ages out.
IYAM the “current crop” has already aged out and should leave now.
Since there’s a decent chance either of the geezers could get carried out of 1600 in a body bag they need to do the country a serious favor and choose a sharp and competent VP.
Am I optimistic that will happen? Not really.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT