ADVERTISEMENT

Which Trump VP selection would worry Dems the most?

You literally just said that about Trump. And it was also a lie. You and Trump are very much alike.
No I didn't. Trump should have been guilty after being impeached but the treason gop left him off the hook, he absolutely shouldn't qualify for the ballot via the 14th amendment but his corrupt SCOTUS will save him. We the people reject Fascist trash like in 1941 in Germany but this time it's the GOP and we will this November 2024.

No I didn't. Trump should have been guilty after being impeached but the treason gop left him off the hook, he absolutely shouldn't qualify for the ballot via the 14th amendment but his corrupt SCOTUS will save him. We the people reject Fascist trash like in 1941 in Germany but this time it's the GOP and we will this November 2024.
Yes. You did.

You said that Trump cannot win a free and fair election. That means “the only way he can win is if he cheats”.

legal pre-election day question. what happens if trump picks someone as vp, campaigns with vp candidate till say july but gets disqualified or withdraws for health reasons or whatever. can the republican party go back to the drawing board or does the vp candidate have to get bumped up?

Wow. Just wow. Comparing Trump to Nazi Germany. Do you really want to go there?

Wow. Just wow. Comparing Trump to Nazi Germany. Do you really want to go there?
Yes I agree more with Italy like @tumorboy said but his rhetoric now on immigrants and Muslims he's getting closer to Nazi status. What he says about his opponents and the Federal government and Democrats, absolutely. Amazing how naive you are to everything the past 6 plus years when I have been calling it and right on about all that was coming.

Yes I agree more with Italy like @tumorboy said but his rhetoric now on immigrants and Muslims he's getting closer to Nazi status. What he says about his opponents and the Federal government and Democrats, absolutely. Amazing how naive you are to everything the past 6 plus years when I have been calling it and right on about all that was coming.
Even with the rhetoric still see more Mussolini. More concerned with the lavish lifestyle and prestige. It’s guys such as Stephen Miller who are the Nazi’s. Trump says a lot of his shit because it revs up his passionate base and pisses off the passionate libs. Thus dominating the hardcore news cycle followers minds. It also allows the general public to go numb to him. So that he can do a bunch of other shit and excuse it.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Whoever it is it must be somebody he can hand the ball to after his 4 years are done so they can carry on with the great gains he was making on fixing America and they can continue on for the next 8 years.

Doesn’t matter. Trump isn’t winning against Biden no matter what.

Multiple articles saying how moderates and independents no longer support Trump in the numbers they did last time. It’s over.

I hope you're right, but Vegas doesn't agree with your assessment.

2024 U.S. PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION BETTING ODDS​

• Donald Trump 1/1
  • Joe Biden 9/5
  • Michelle Obama 12/1
  • Nikki Haley 18/1
  • Gavin Newsom 18/1
  • Robert Kennedy Jr. 20/1
  • Kamala Harris 40/1
  • All Other Candidates listed at 100/1 or higher

• Wow
Reactions: EasyHawk
I hope you're right, but Vegas doesn't agree with your assessment.

2024 U.S. PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION BETTING ODDS​

• Donald Trump 1/1
  • Joe Biden 9/5
  • Michelle Obama 12/1
  • Nikki Haley 18/1
  • Gavin Newsom 18/1
  • Robert Kennedy Jr. 20/1
  • Kamala Harris 40/1
  • All Other Candidates listed at 100/1 or higher
What was that in 2020 around the time Trump told us he wouldn't accept the results if he didn't win in the summer?

As others have said, trump will not choose someone of integrity and many Republicans of integrity would not choose to serve with trump. As Republicans go I kind of like John Kasich.
I would vote for Kasich in a heartbeat but not with him running with Trump

What was that in 2020 around the time Trump told us he wouldn't accept the results if he didn't win in the summer?
That wasn't hard. Biden was a favorite and won. Just like Trump is now. These things aren't political. They are exactly what Vegas thinks is probable to happen.

Biden, whom Oddschecker has projected as the winner since May, was the favored candidate going into election night as far as betting was concerned. The New York Times reported that for a bettor to win $1, they needed to put down $2, which meant Biden was considered to have a roughly 66 percent chance of winning.

legal pre-election day question. what happens if trump picks someone as vp, campaigns with vp candidate till say july but gets disqualified or withdraws for health reasons or whatever. can the republican party go back to the drawing board or does the vp candidate have to get bumped up?
Depends on the state. States decide their ballot.

I'm not so sure about that. The support for Biden isn't strong either. This thing will be a coin toss. I say that as someone who will vote for Biden. It will come down to turnout in about 5 or 6 states. I could easily see GA and AZ flipping back to Trump.
My wife and I both voted libertarian in 2020. We laughed after the fact because we didn’t talk about it until after we voted.

This time around we likely will both plug our nose and vote for Biden. Not sure a protest vote is going to be enough this time.

I leave a lot of blank spaces on my ballot also. Haven’t voted for Grassley since that ridiculous rain forest bullshit.

If Biden doesn't get the blacks and other minorities to come out for him in full force, he is toast...in a free and fair election. So, only half of your statement was correct. He very much can win a free and fair election and it's 100% dependent on turnout. But I don't see anyone excited to get out there and vote for Biden. It's like being excited that Joe Flacco is coming back to be your QB again.
let's hope people believe trump that he's running against Obama. People will come out to vote for him.

That wasn't hard. Biden was a favorite and won. Just like Trump is now. These things aren't political. They are exactly what Vegas thinks is probable to happen.

Biden, whom Oddschecker has projected as the winner since May, was the favored candidate going into election night as far as betting was concerned. The New York Times reported that for a bettor to win $1, they needed to put down $2, which meant Biden was considered to have a roughly 66 percent chance of winning.
And in 2016 Hillary was a heavy favorite I’d bet. I wouldn’t lay too much stock in the betting markets. Especially at last not until Summer.

You really are rooting for Trump it seems with all you the BS you peddle here.

I imagine he will name one sooner than later in order to get them out there, to be compared to VP Harris. So, who would be the best choice for him (that he will legitimately choose) to help boost his chances. In other words, who would worry the Dems the most if selected?

Names being floated are Tim Scott, JD Vance, Elise Stefanik and Lindsey Graham. None of which I think are particularly helpful to capture the middle. Names that would shake things up are Joe Manchin and RFK Jr.

Who would worry you as someone who doesn't want Trump to win?
3859d2d6826b005beea17a79d2eaadb9.jpg

He had two or three advisors during his first term who performed brilliantly. Why not one of those?

They were seemingly able to work around the erratic moments, knew how to get their way with Trump, and never seemed to sacrifice their pride. Pence let all of that stuff get to him, at least at the end.

-Pompeo
-Kudlow
-Mnuchin

They are absolutely the opposites of the current VP, have presence, and are serious.

Mnuchin comes with a glamorous, high-achieving wife so the Whitehouse photographs (that would include Melania) would be great for posterity if she was the Second Lady.

OIP.Lho4VoX_3TGY-M86yDgCugHaD4

For the record, she is an Attorney and has in the past been honored at the Scottish Style Awards as the country's "Most Stylish Woman."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
You understand the attributes of fascism, right? Extreme government regulation. Eliminate political opposition. Control over the media.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
It will be: 1) a woman and 2) a kiss ass

Elise Stefanik and Sarah Huck Sanders seem to fit the bill because neither would try to compete with him for the spotlight like Kari Lake would.

To answer the OP, none of those would influence voters.
Good call on Sarah. That would be a great choice for him of someone who will do whatever he says, when he says it. She wouldn't puss out like Pence. She would not have certified those electoral votes.

You understand the attributes of fascism, right? Extreme government regulation. Eliminate political opposition. Control over the media.
Well, Trump did try to overturn an election and he does try to control media (he created Truth social). The comparisons to Hitler and the Nazis are extreme but claiming Trump doesn't have elements of fascism is also wrong.

He had two or three advisors during his first term who performed brilliantly. Why not one of those?

They were seemingly able to work around the erratic moments, knew how to get their way with Trump, and never seemed to sacrifice their pride. Pence let all of that stuff get to him, at least at the end.

-Pompeo
-Kudlow
-Mnuchin

They are absolutely the opposites of the current VP, have presence, and are serious.

Mnuchin comes with a glamorous, high-achieving wife so the Whitehouse photographs (that would include Melania) would be great for posterity if she was the Second Lady.

OIP.Lho4VoX_3TGY-M86yDgCugHaD4

For the record, she is an Attorney and has in the past been honored at the Scottish Style Awards as the country's "Most Stylish Woman."
I disagree. Nobody took away Trump's Twitter and other social media accounts. Had someone done that early, Trump probably would have won in 2020.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
I disagree. Nobody took away Trump's Twitter and other social media accounts. Had someone done that early, Trump probably would have won in 2020.

He should have set up a Bill Clinton style "War Room" with 25 people to do what he was doing himself at 2:00 in the morning on Twitter. He needed a David Axelrod or James Carville type at the helm.

I do not think the Dems waited 24 hours before they started with their personal attacks and he made every effort to repel these on his own. He has developed his skills over time, but back then he was a bit of a novice.

I imagine he will name one sooner than later in order to get them out there, to be compared to VP Harris. So, who would be the best choice for him (that he will legitimately choose) to help boost his chances. In other words, who would worry the Dems the most if selected?

Names being floated are Tim Scott, JD Vance, Elise Stefanik and Lindsey Graham. None of which I think are particularly helpful to capture the middle. Names that would shake things up are Joe Manchin and RFK Jr.

Who would worry you as someone who doesn't want Trump to win?
They will not nominate a potential 3rd party guy for VP. They don't want to win by bringing in votes. They want to win by diluting the Democratic vote the 43% of the vote that will be Republican is enough to win in the right states. It's how Bush Jr. won, it's how Trump won in 2016, and it's the only way a Republican will win again for the foreseeable future. There just aren't enough people who support this crap they are pushing. But lucky for Republicans, many of them are really dumb too and don't understand how to vote strategically.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT