ADVERTISEMENT

White House is throwing it down messaging wise

PPP loans were given to pay for payrolls and rent. And the money had to be proven it was used in that fashion for it to be forgiven. Large sums of student loans are used for things that have absolutely nothing to do with education.

Yes it is. And so was Trump's handouts to the Farmers. Do you have an acutal point?
Well, the point being that vote buying is bad and will basically result in the country unraveling if done at this kind of scale. At least with previous handouts there was a pretense of justification.

Well, the point being that vote buying is bad and will basically result in the country unraveling if done at this kind of scale. At least with previous handouts there was a pretense of justification.
lol. "When Trump did it was ok because xyz"

Both are bad. Either be a man and call it out or go to your next Trump rally.

Did you feel the same when Republicans passed Medicare Part D to buy votes from seniors?

Who knows? I am not the expert on every circumstance where someone got a PPP loan. It was an absolute boondoggle to be sure.

To justify forgiving student loans because someone else got a PPP loan forgiven is a disingenuous argument.

I did not justify anything. I only pointed out that what Trad said was happening had already happened. I never gave an opinion either way.

This is not the same as taking out a loan for a good or service that benefits exclusively you.
I don't understand how righties can't process that an educated population benefits everyone. Are you really trying to say you've never benefitted from a doctor, nurse, dentist, accountant, lawyer, veterinarian, engineer etc? The professionals we rely on to make society work didn't just magically become those things overnight

I don't understand how righties can't process that an educated population benefits everyone. Are you really trying to say you've never benefitted from a doctor, nurse, dentist, accountant, lawyer, veterinarian, engineer etc? The professionals we rely on to make society work didn't just magically become those things overnight
not to mention the income tax revenue from the higher paid professions.

The government provided an education for my 4 siblings and I. (loans and Pell grants)

We would not have been able to get it otherwise. All loans were repaid ( with interest) years ago.

I know both my brother and I pay more in income taxes annually than my father ever earned, even adjusted for inflation.

Gonna guess that most of those people aren't eligible to have loans forgiven.

Reactions: 3 and Out on D
If the government forces your business to shut down, you are owed some restitution, especially when it keeps people off of the federal unemployment rolls.

This is not the same as taking out a loan for a good or service that benefits exclusively you.
So the general public has no financial interest in an educated populace? Then why are we subsidizing public schools? Or colleges?

This quote is now 10 years old and it is still relevant. The GQP only cares about deficits and fiscal responsibility when a Democrat is in the White House.

GkdXMhO.png

If you cannot figure out the difference between a loan that had contract language that stated obligations could be met as a way of reducing principal and a loan that did not have such language you should sit this one out.

Last edited:
This quote is now 10 years old and it is still relevant. The GQP only cares about deficits and fiscal responsibility when a Democrat is in the White House.

GkdXMhO.png
He’s a lying sack of 💩 re: voting for war.

Biden, whose campaign didn’t respond to multiple requests for comment, is one of two 2020 Democratic presidential candidates — the other being Sen. Bernie Sanders — with congressional records that stretch back to the start of the Iraq War. In the fall of 2002, Biden committed what anti-war activists call the “original sin” by voting for the war when he was chair of the Foreign Relations Committee. Sanders, then a member of the House of Representatives, was vocal in opposition.

(Vox 10/15/19)

#DarkBrandon is on a roll

Hypocrites all.

Republican leaders in Congress were so anxious to pass PPP that they conspired with @SpeakerPelosi to prevent a recorded vote. Now we see where the money is going. At least I was able to make them come to DC to pass it,” Massie tweeted, referring to the March 27 $2.2 trillion economic relief measure he called a “cover up” for lawmakers’ refusal on both sides of the aisle to vote by roll call.

A campaign finance reports shows the United States Small Business Administration approved a loan on April 30 for $333,867 to the Ohio Democratic Party, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Although the party received the PPP loan check by May 6, Ohio Democrats criticized the program on May 19, tweeting: “With so many small businesses shut out from receiving PPP loans -- while nearly 300 publicly traded companies received more than $1 billion from the program -- local governments across Ohio are stepping up to help small businesses, which are often the center of their communities.”

I participate in an unrelated board where most members are middle aged to older white males, my are they howling about the Philadelphia speech. Mostly taken out of context and I doubt any really saw the entire speech but the (f)right wing talking points are well covered.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT