ADVERTISEMENT

White House is throwing it down messaging wise

Did anyone highlight the Inflation Reduction Act party yesterday that coincided with the higher inflation numbers released and the market ranking 1300 points.

Great messaging

This. Honestly, I’m not sure why this is such a hard thing for folks to grasp. Then I remember there’s folks on here that would vote for Trump again. Then it all makes sense.

I think the issue of PPP vs Student Loans that people are missing here is this. People would not have had an opportunity to take PPP loans had the government not told them they were “unessential” and shit down their businesses.

The government didn’t force anyone to get a student loan in order to survive.

That, to me, is the difference.

Do You Even Lift Joe Biden GIF by Obama

• Haha
Reactions: KFsdisciple
I think anyone who takes advantage of loopholes to get out of debt is a true patriot. There is nothing more American.

I am pro-america. And america not paying debts is the only way out of the post Breton woods economic reality. Let’s start normalizing it now so we can justify it in about ten years when the bills are due.

America.
Would be nice if otherwise level-headed folks like you and Russ would really take the time to understand the strident debt issue.

There is grey area in this issue.

I paid off my student loan, and, sure, would have enjoyed not having to pay for it. That said, the cost of education, and the status of the economy and job market, deserve serious consideration before deciding to simplify it down to “pay your own bills.”

Hell, just for argument’s sake, schools, themselves, get free money to be schools, all the while continually raising tuition and fees, while building facilities that really aren’t truly necessary. Government helps schools. Why? Well, arguably the baseline idea is that they perform a very necessary role in sustaining the economy via cranking out viable workers.

Are the workers, themselves—not to mention potential homeowners and thus stable taxpayers—not performing an important role in our dumbass consumerist economy?

Seems they just might also be important. My early reading on this issue touched on a lot of intended outcomes of student debt relief. One major one is that more home ownership is anticipated/expected. Increase in home ownership is an economic stabilizer, so long as the homes are within affordability.

We’ll see what happens. What the outcomes—intended and unintended—turn out to be.

It just drives me crazy that an issue like this, with all the super-available not-hard-to-understand nuance, gets shoved into the black-&-white ideological bullshit.

Reactions: Ree4
Would be nice if otherwise level-headed folks like you and Russ would really take the time to understand the strident debt issue.

There is grey area in this issue.

I paid off my student loan, and, sure, would have enjoyed not having to pay for it. That said, the cost of education, and the status of the economy and job market, deserve serious consideration before deciding to simplify it down to “pay your own bills.”

Hell, just for argument’s sake, schools, themselves, get free money to be schools, all the while continually raising tuition and fees, while building facilities that really aren’t truly necessary. Government helps schools. Why? Well, arguably the baseline idea is that they perform a very necessary role in sustaining the economy via cranking out viable workers.

Are the workers, themselves—not to mention potential homeowners and thus stable taxpayers—not performing an important role in our dumbass consumerist economy?

Seems they just might also be important. My early reading on this issue touched on a lot of intended outcomes of student debt relief. One major one is that more home ownership is anticipated/expected. Increase in home ownership is an economic stabilizer, so long as the homes are within affordability.

We’ll see what happens. What the outcomes—intended and unintended—turn out to be.

It just drives me crazy that an issue like this, with all the super-available not-hard-to-understand nuance, gets shoved into the black-&-white ideological bullshit.

so, my post was tongue in cheek but I def think that were eventually headed for a scenario where we have to pay the piper. It’s gonna be brutal. It may not be in the 2020s, we may even get lucky and make it through the 2030s. But this money printing will catch up to us.

as far as using loopholes, that’s what they are there for. I’m not a lawyer but have probably negotiated more 100 page contracts than most people. I can spot a loophole a mile away with my education from the school of hard knocks. People who actually do it for a living will kick my butt at it. The loopholes are there for a reason. I’ll use them.

i am All for student loan debt relief, but it’s much like other programs govt does. It did nothing to actually address the underlying root cause. We need to 1) bring the cost of education down and 2) increase national education standards so a high school degree actually has some real world value.

look, I got $10k (or will) taken off my tab solely because other loopholes will drive my income down to a point where I qualify. It’s ridiculous to even think about. But the money I’m saving, I’m really just blowing on consumerism. That works it’s way through the economy. I already Own property. The people who don’t hopefully will have a chance.

I’m of the opinion you don’t haggle with your neighbor over your garden hose if his house is on fire. Just as manufacturing sector bailouts were important in 2008; I think an entire generation paying debt into the machine is equally calamitous.

Reactions: Rudolph
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT