ADVERTISEMENT

White 'Un-Privilege' In The NBA? Every Assault In The League Over The Past Year Has Been Towards White Players

According to this article 2/3 of the assaults are from Draymond Green.

Seems like the NBA has a Draymond Green problem and not a whites being targeted problem.

Or, white-privilege allowing whites to foul more often, and dirtier w/o getting called until the non-white players finally have had enough... 😉

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Damn, if this was the NFL or MLB there would be a concerted effort to get more whites involved right? Since it’s about numbers and equality?

Damn, if this was the NFL or MLB there would be a concerted effort to get more whites involved right? Since it’s about numbers and equality?

If not for that pesky "equal ability" thing, you'd have an actual point!!!

No, but they pushed the Rooney Rule, MLB has made concerted efforts to increase African American participation
Ah, yes. The Rooney Rule. Somehow the NFL survived that woke rule the old white guy that owned the team for 50 years proposed and defied all odds to become the most popular sports empire in the world.

Reactions: BelemNole
Ah, yes. The Rooney Rule. Somehow the NFL survived that woke rule the old white guy that owned the team for 50 years proposed and defied all odds to become the most popular sports empire in the world.
Bro, I’m not arguing, I’m just stating equality only matters one direction in the dports world. ESPN was running stories on getting more black kids into the Baseball world. I’m not mad, in think it’s funny that it DEI or woke, goes one way. I love that Joe admits races are talented differently.

Bro, I’m not arguing, I’m just stating equality only matters one direction in the dports world. ESPN was running stories on getting more black kids into the Baseball world. I’m not mad, in think it’s funny that it DEI or woke, goes one way. I love that Joe admits races are talented differently.

Oh....wow.
"ESPN was running stories"

That totally seals it, repressed white message board poster.

Reactions: lucas80
So many things are flawed about this article that it is mind boggling.

1. The writer uses "assaults" a completely subjective term to base his entire premise around. Hell Draymond knocked out Jordan Pool last season and put Gobert in a choke hold this season but I guess those doesn't qualify as "assaults".

2. The only two players he highlights are Draymond Green and Isaiah Stewart. Both of these players could be considered "dirty players" and have had plenty of incidents or "assaults" with black players in the past. So to say that they have some bias to white players is untrue.

3. Brings up the Montrezl Harrell/Luka Doncic "bitch ass white boy" situation from 4 years ago, ignoring that worse trash talk is said to a 100 players each night.

4. Quoting Dickitch and Whitlock like they are experts at anything is laughable.

So many things are flawed about this article that it is mind boggling.

1. The writer uses "assaults" a completely subjective term to base his entire premise around. Hell Draymond knocked out Jordan Pool last season and put Gobert in a choke hold this season but I guess those doesn't qualify as "assaults".

2. The only two players he highlights are Draymond Green and Isaiah Stewart. Both of these players could be considered "dirty players" and have had plenty of incidents or "assaults" with black players in the past. So to say that they have some bias to white players is untrue.

3. Brings up the Montrezl Harrell/Luka Doncic "bitch ass white boy" situation from 4 years ago, ignoring that worse trash talk is said to a 100 players each night.

4. Quoting Dickitch and Whitlock like they are experts at anything is laughable.
Dakich off espn has greatly improved college hoops viewing.

I recall LSU players making comments about iowa being whitey world but I do not recall people saying clark was the great white hope. maybe they did.

I recall LSU players making comments about iowa being whitey world but I do not recall people saying clark was the great white hope. maybe they did.
There’s been some out there who wanted to turn any debate about Clark into one about race. A lot of that’s been from people trying to be provocative without having a good point to back it up with.

This latest from Jay Williams is another example. You can have a debate about her being the greatest ever, and at a certain level championships matter for that; but to say you don’t think she’s great is just an idiotic way to have a hot take.

There’s been some out there who wanted to turn any debate about Clark into one about race. A lot of that’s been from people trying to be provocative without having a good point to back it up with.

This latest from Jay Williams is another example. You can have a debate about her being the greatest ever, and at a certain level championships matter for that; but to say you don’t think she’s great is just an idiotic way to have a hot take.
Jay's argument sucks because he's trying to gate keep labeling an individual great based on winning a championship in a team sport when they have a 4 year window to do it. He's ignoring that she's set the record, she's won a final 4 winning team, has insane stats, and she's had the hawks in the top 5 for 2 seasons now. He's basing greatness on something that many other great players have never achieved.

Jay's argument sucks because he's trying to gate keep labeling an individual great based on winning a championship in a team sport when they have a 4 year window to do it. He's ignoring that she's set the record, she's won a final 4 winning team, has insane stats, and she's had the hawks in the top 5 for 2 seasons now. He's basing greatness on something that many other great players have never achieved.
Oh it's a stupid argument - just saying that imo that was the typical espn tactic of creating a false argument by having someone making "controversial" take, that literally no one else in the world was attempting to make.

Oh it's a stupid argument - just saying that imo that was the typical espn tactic of creating a false argument by having someone making "controversial" take, that literally no one else in the world was attempting to make.
Its frustrating that they want to speak about growing the game out of one side of their mouth, and then constantly try to cut people down instead of build them up from the other.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Who was labeled the last "Great White Hope"? Where the label was part of an event
Cooney vs Holmes, maybe? Cooney was definitely given the label, I think, by Don King.
Tommy Morrison got it a little , but not before a big event.
When Bird came into the league there was definitely that "feeling" but I dont think he ever was labeled as a "hope", more of damn he can play for a white guy.

According to this article 2/3 of the assaults are from Draymond Green.

Seems like the NBA has a Draymond Green problem and not a whites being targeted problem.
White players account for just 16.8 percent of the NBA.

But they accounted for more than 70% of the forwards that have worked Draymond Green in the paint. Green is a legit bum and he’s been embarrassed by these guys. You want a double-double, Draymond’s the opponent.

I would take a random Yugoslavian or Lithuanian NBA player against Draymond at this point.

Around 6,000 games and 3 assaults. 2 of them is a piece of shit Draymond Green.

Small sample size, but seems more coincident than a "whites being targeted" problem.

Peak white fragility.
The sample size is certainly low but what I find troubling is the comments from the podcast essentially “enabling” Draymond and taking care of Euro players.

seems, idk, kinda bigoted

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I think that’s literally the definition of racism
It may be but I don't think it's always harmful either.

If my vanilla dad asked me to come over for tacos but 5 minutes later my Mexican ex-FIL also offered me tacos guess where I am going to eat?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT