ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s the poster here who thinks Oliver Martin is by far our best WR?

That’s true. Just sucks he couldn’t perform as well as I wanted him to.
I’m right there with you, but every guy who’s actually played the game close to the program from Chuck Long to his coaches, to his fellow players, to other guys who have played the QB position say you absolutely need those reps with the first team in the spring. If he doesn’t play much better this season I’ll be pretty shocked. He was okay last year with a completely effed prep period. I wouldn’t have been shocked if he looked like Scott Mullen.

I’m right there with you, but every guy who’s actually played the game close to the program from Chuck Long to his coaches, to his fellow players, to other guys who have played the QB position say you absolutely need those reps with the first team in the spring. If he doesn’t play much better this season I’ll be pretty shocked. He was okay last year with a completely effed prep period. I wouldn’t have been shocked if he looked like Scott Mullen.
Agreed. It’ll be interesting to watch, that’s for sure. If he plays poorly, it sounds like Padilla has been pretty good this spring.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
My wife said she was putting that on my headstone.
bbfa48b60c5d0212ad209d0e030063f4.jpg

Sorry for the "dad post" ... but do we really need to drag a fellow fan through the muck?

There's plenty of stuff that I don't agree with Harb about ... but I can at least respect the fact that Harb bleeds black and gold.

Letting things degenerate to name-calling isn't exactly adult behavior ... or, at least, it shouldn't be.

Reactions: WSC72
It is one thing to bleed black and gold.

But when you read the "Hindsight is 20/20: thread and this thread, how you can have ANY respect for Harb is incomprehensible.

@FlickShagwell called Harb a total dumb ass. And that was being kind. And that is not name calling; that is speaking the truth.

Harb should have been banned a long time ago.
Harb is fine. I know you and him have your issues, but he’s a decent poster. He has his bad takes, but so does everyone here.

It is one thing to bleed black and gold.

But when you read the "Hindsight is 20/20: thread and this thread, how you can have ANY respect for Harb is incomprehensible.

@FlickShagwell called Harb a total dumb ass. And that was being kind. And that is not name calling; that is speaking the truth.

Harb should have been banned a long time ago.

For the record I don’t agree with Harbingers opinion on this one but why should he be banned ? I’ve really not noticed all his posts other than those on Martin

For the record I don’t agree with Harbingers opinion on this one but why should he be banned ? I’ve really not noticed all his posts other than those on Martin

recently he wanted to meet posters in Iowa City to fight because of the blow back he received because of ANOTHER DUMB ASS THREAD he started on the basketball forum. He got a time out by the moderators as a result.

he should have been banned, instead.

These are just a few of the examples of the bull sheet he brings to Hawkeye Report.

recently he wanted to meet posters in Iowa City to fight because of the blow back he received because of ANOTHER DUMB ASS THREAD he started on the basketball forum. He got a time out by the moderators as a result.

he should have been banned, instead.

These are just a few of the examples of the bull sheet he brings to Hawkeye Report.

Yeah, a good time out might just cure his churlish nature. Banned? Maybe if he repeats his actions.

Yeah, a good time out might just cure his churlish nature. Banned? Maybe if he repeats his actions.

If he repeats his actions?

Well, him creating a thread thinking Oliver Martin was (1) our best WR and (2) should have been starting is about as crazy as him creating a thread wanting to meet posters in Iowa City to fight.

How many times do we all need to mutter "what the fook" after seeing what he posts before this clown goes away permanently?

If he repeats his actions?

Well, him creating a thread thinking Oliver Martin was (1) our best WR and (2) should have been starting is about as crazy as him creating a thread wanting to meet posters in Iowa City to fight.

How many times do we all need to mutter "what the fook" after seeing what he posts before this clown goes away permanently?

I guess I don’t get too worked up about an opinion that differs from mine. Why would I care if he thinks Martin is a stud? I might disagree but thinking that warrants banning is a bit dramatic in my opinion.

The threat to meet up and beat up is a bit extreme.

Last edited:
Wow this tread is a riot! Franny lobbying hard for the ban hammer. I think he has a fookin hard on for me. What a creep.

Reactions: HawkInArk
Looking at the Nebby board the mods are saying he had a really good day. Martin, that is.

Looking at the Nebby board the mods are saying he had a really good day. Martin, that is.
It was only drills. They didn’t even scrimmage in their open practice. I don’t doubt he might do some things for the Huskers this year, but he still wouldn’t beat out Tracy and Ragaini at Iowa. And Keagan Johnson (also a four star; actually wants to be a Hawkeye) looks to be legit as well. We aren’t hurting for receivers at Iowa and really haven’t been since Kelton Copeland got the room the way he wanted it to be. OM deciding to transfer (yet again) to Iowa wouldn’t make our offense any better than it is. A dynamic QB or another running back on the other hand...

Last edited:
It was only drills. They didn’t even scrimmage in their open practice. I don’t doubt he might do some things for the Huskers this year, but he still wouldn’t beat out Tracy and Ragaini at Iowa. And Keagan Johnson (also a four star; actually wants to be a Hawkeye) looks to be legit as well. We aren’t hurting for receivers at Iowa and really haven’t been since Kelton Copeland got the room the way he wanted it to be. OM deciding to transfer (yet again) to Iowa wouldn’t make our offense any better than it is. A dynamic QB or another running back on the other hand...

Fully aware of that Flick, just stirring the pot a bit.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT