ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the worst kind of “experts” to have in a social setting?

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Here’s two for me…

My cousin and her husband own a jewelry/ pawn shop in Cleveland. The handful of times I’ve met her she judged every person and every piece of jewelry they wore the entire time she was there. Has one of those eye glass things at the ready. She will basically tell you that you’re garbage if the trinket you are wearing is not up to her taste and specifications.

A friend of my friend is a longtime employee of Colorado Box beef. Now, picture what I said about my cousin and jewelry above and apply it to meat and him. Any kind of meat you like, you’ve either never had the good kind or have no idea how to prepare it. And if someone besides him is cooking on the grill…oh hell. Look out.

Who you got?

Golf nerds that think you want to listen to them go hole by hole with their score.
happy-gilmore.gif

One-uppers are the worst.

Also, my brother in law is not an expert on anything but if there is anything that needs to be repaired or fixed in my house or yard, he will find it and point it out. Annoys the hell out of me.
Beat me to it. One-uppers are absolute douche canoes.

“what did you do this weekend?”
“Played a round of golf at the local course”
“That’s cool. Last year, my friends uncle got us to play at Pebble Beach. Everything was comped because he knew someone. Pretty cool eh?”

Beat me to it. One-uppers are absolute douche canoes.

“what did you do this weekend?”
“Played a round of golf at the local course”
“That’s cool. Last year, my friends uncle got us to play at Pebble Beach. Everything was comped because he knew someone. Pretty cool eh?”
More like douche speed boats.

Here’s two for me…

My cousin and her husband own a jewelry/ pawn shop in Cleveland. The handful of times I’ve met her she judged every person and every piece of jewelry they wore the entire time she was there. Has one of those eye glass things at the ready. She will basically tell you that you’re garbage if the trinket you are wearing is not up to her taste and specifications.

A friend of my friend is a longtime employee of Colorado Box beef. Now, picture what I said about my cousin and jewelry above and apply it to meat and him. Any kind of meat you like, you’ve either never had the good kind or have no idea how to prepare it. And if someone besides him is cooking on the grill…oh hell. Look out.

Who you got?
Lol I want to punch both of them

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
CrossFit dude

HomeSchool mom
Not quite full Home school mom but… I’ve said this for a few years now but the biggest threat to our country is not violent criminals, it’s not insurrectionists, it’s not cops.. it’s white suburban stay at home homes AINEC..

Reactions: stout1
IT guy that starts going on about networks. Somehow he is also an expert on Costco because he once ate a bag of chips from there.

Otherwise, the Quality Assurance person at work. Somehow she is an expert on ALL things. Because Quality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT