ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you think is the wealthiest HBOTer?

I eat at Outback whenever the F%#K I want to.
Happy Flex GIF by MasterChefAU

Often, the people who act like they have a lot of money have less than those that you’d think should have lots but live below their means.
My financial planner friend says md’s often spend it as fast as they make it.
I’m guessing soybean depending on how many acres he has.
One of my friends farms about 900 acres, I’m assuming if he liquifies his assets he’s pretty rich. Some of the land around him went to 20k per acre. Most of his would not go for that much but his soil numbers were very good.

Reactions: HawkMD
It once was Bob in Fairfax, RIP. He called his law firms associates sled dogs.
I put up the Bat Signal on the new version of the Locker Room a while back about @BIFairfax and got minimal response. That board has few of the old guard posting, and the few “news” are not welcoming of the olds stopping by.
It is dusty over there, which sucks because @DFSNOLE worked yeoman hours to get it back up and running.

Last edited:
My financial planner friend says md’s often spend it as fast as they make it.
I’m guessing soybean depending on how many acres he has.
One of my friends farms about 900 acres, I’m assuming if he liquifies his assets he’s pretty rich. Some of the land around him went to 20k per acre. Most of his would not go for that much but his soil numbers were very good.
An orthopedod who lived a few houses from me made twice what I did. He was on his second marriage. He lived paycheck to paycheck. He had to go outside our community to get a car loan. I’m not sure how he spent his money so poorly. I was more interested in investing in equities than luxury cars. It paid off for me well. But I had to do lots of self education, because they don’t tech you that stuff in pre med, med school, or residency.

Also, lots of my colleagues thought that because they were smart that it was a given that they were also smart at investing. Big mistake. Many would come to me for investing advice. I’d eventually walk away shaking my head at their lack of basic knowledge about investing and financing. I told most they should get a good financial adviser and concentrate on making money by working hard and leaving their finances to professionals.

An orthopedod who lived a few houses from me made twice what I did. He was on his second marriage. He lived paycheck to paycheck. He had to go outside our community to get a car loan. I’m not sure how he spent his money so poorly. I was more interested in investing in equities than luxury cars. It paid off for me well. But I had to do lots of self education, because they don’t tech you that stuff in pre med, med school, or residency.

Also, lots of my colleagues thought that because they were smart that it was a given that they were also smart at investing. Big mistake. Many would come to me for investing advice. I’d eventually walk away shaking my head at their lack of basic knowledge about investing and financing. I told most they should get a good financial adviser and concentrate on making money by working hard and leaving their finances to professionals.
I have a friend from high school days who was head of the L&D at a major hospital here, now retired - and if his wife didn’t handle their finances they’d be living in a trailer somewhere. He admits it though and says he only cared about delivering babies. And he always said the other Docs he knew were similar.
I think their patients are okay with that though.

Reactions: HawkMD
One of my oldest and very good friends family owns a large portion of thr land around Waukee. By all measures thr family is rich because they are sitting on a gold mine, but, in his exact words.

"You can't buy things with dirt and you can only sell it once".

Gonna vote for Jelly. Dude can pass on a business to family, dollars run out.

Reactions: goldmom
Are you Pakistani?
He’s reflecting the deep and historic dislike that India and Pakistan have for one another.
Having had to interact with immigrants from both countries I completely understand his sentiments.

Wow, uh, usually genocidal tendencies are reserved for Nazis, KKK, and Hamas/Hezbollah types and gohox69, but it is “understandable”?

WTF?

I have a friend from high school days who was head of the L&D at a major hospital here, now retired - and if his wife didn’t handle their finances they’d be living in a trailer somewhere. He admits it though and says he only cared about delivering babies. And he always said the other Docs he knew were similar.
I think their patients are okay with that though.
Mom….having a woman pay the bills is the secret to my financial success. I make no bones about it. I haven’t written 5 checks the past 30+ years….If I have more than $10 in my wallet, it’s only because I am going to the driving range.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT