ADVERTISEMENT

Who Had Serious Side Effects from Covid 19 Vaccine?

A number of people I know were advised to pre-treat themselves with aspirin for 12 hours before the second shot and then continue regular doses for the 12 hours after. That seemed to reduce some of the issues.
Anymore aspirin should never be used for anything other than anti-coagulant therapy under the doctors supervision. If you don't need to thin your blood then you shouldn't take it ever. It is not as effective as the current NSAIDS on the Market. It doesn't reduce inflammation anywhere near as good as the non selective COX inhibitors or the COX 2 inhibitors such as ibuprofen, Aleve, etc. at the recommended dose. Additionally Tylenol (acetaminophen) is likely better at recommended doses than aspirin. I think regular strength aspirin should be removed from the OTC market. How many idiots have given their kids this causing reyes syndrome is a big unknown. How many people popped these for a hangover and contributed to a GI bleed is likely unknown too. Finally Analgesics and antipyretics, non steroidal anti -inflams should not be taken prior to the vaccine. It reportedly mutes the immune response...which makes complete sense.

Wondering if you were exposed to something around the time you got the second shot.

doubt it, though it’s plausible. I was perfectly healthy going into it. The asthma cough thing happens to me everything I have symptoms in that realm.

Got the first shot and had a pretty sore arm. Second shot at the end of the month.

My hypochondriac neighbor lady who is a nurse had all sorts of issues with pain and sickness that she posted on her Facebook so everyone can wish her well wishes. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My wife (30) had mild symptoms:
  • 1st shot - sore arm for 36 hours
  • 2nd shot - fever for 24 hours
A decent amount (maybe 5-10% in a lab of ~80) of her coworkers had similar mild symptoms. Nobody had any significant side effects.

Subjectively some consider fever to be a big deal, but it's characterized as a mild symptom.

Pfizer. First shot I didn't even feel it, 2nd shot hurt like hell. I personally think the pain from the 2nd shot was because of the technique the nurses had to use, it was like they were throwing a dart into my shoulder.

First day after the 2nd shot, I felt crappy but I couldn't tell if it was the usual first day off aches and pains(I work at a physical job and 5 days straight wears you down) or if it was the shot.

3 days later, that Monday evening I felt some pain in collar bone, a lymph node on my left collar bone had started to swell up and become rock hard. I had it checked out, they did an FNA(kinda like a biopsy for lymph nodes) and all it showed that it wasn't cancer and they think it was a reaction to the 2nd shot. About a week later, after the damn lymph node had somehow bigger, I ended up with a fever. Afterwards, the lymph node started shrinking.

Currently the lymph node is much smaller and soft to boot so I think I have turned the corner on my reaction.

Do you know anyone who had serious side effects after
receiving Covid 19 vaccine? Are there any serious risks
that nobody is talking about? Are doctors endorsing the
Covid 19 vaccine wholeheartedly?
Seems like it's made Trad dumber than usual....

Reactions: ryan2144
Pfizer. First shot I didn't even feel it, 2nd shot hurt like hell. I personally think the pain from the 2nd shot was because of the technique the nurses had to use, it was like they were throwing a dart into my shoulder.

First day after the 2nd shot, I felt crappy but I couldn't tell if it was the usual first day off aches and pains(I work at a physical job and 5 days straight wears you down) or if it was the shot.

3 days later, that Monday evening I felt some pain in collar bone, a lymph node on my left collar bone had started to swell up and become rock hard. I had it checked out, they did an FNA(kinda like a biopsy for lymph nodes) and all it showed that it wasn't cancer and they think it was a reaction to the 2nd shot. About a week later, after the damn lymph node had somehow bigger, I ended up with a fever. Afterwards, the lymph node started shrinking.

Currently the lymph node is much smaller and soft to boot so I think I have turned the corner on my reaction.

So.........yer sayin' "don't get the shot in any arm/appendage with jacked up/irradiated lymph nodes", then......

😲

I got my first moderna shot on a Friday, I had a sore arm Saturday and Sunday.

I got my second shot yesterday noon. I felt a bit gaggy and spacey yesterday evening. Today I am very tired, achy and also weak, my arm is sore and my hand is stiff and sore, I feel a bit feverish. I’m not looking forward to following through with my plan of spending the rest of the weekend patching and priming drywall. It is not that bad though. If I was just sitting on my ass all day I would not bother complaining.

Just got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine an hour ago, nothing yet
Its lkely you will have a sore arm. Nothing terrible, sorta like you were punched while not ready. It lasted around 3 days. Nothing to earth shattering. Similar to flu shot pain...just more intense. I'd rate the pain at a 4 on a scale of 1-10. It didn't inturrupt my shoveling snow.

yes. Except asthma. That’s likely what lead to the extended issue. I agree. I’d stlll advocate to get the vaccine.
It still bothers me a bit that it affected your resp system. I just heard a few minutes ago a friends dad developed a cough from his first shot. That is really weird and doesn't make sense...I do work in epidemiology but only on the clinical side (infection control)...I'm not a virologist or immunologist so theres that.

Anymore aspirin should never be used for anything other than anti-coagulant therapy under the doctors supervision. If you don't need to thin your blood then you shouldn't take it ever. It is not as effective as the current NSAIDS on the Market. It doesn't reduce inflammation anywhere near as good as the non selective COX inhibitors or the COX 2 inhibitors such as ibuprofen, Aleve, etc. at the recommended dose. Additionally Tylenol (acetaminophen) is likely better at recommended doses than aspirin. I think regular strength aspirin should be removed from the OTC market. How many idiots have given their kids this causing reyes syndrome is a big unknown. How many people popped these for a hangover and contributed to a GI bleed is likely unknown too. Finally Analgesics and antipyretics, non steroidal anti -inflams should not be taken prior to the vaccine. It reportedly mutes the immune response...which makes complete sense.
Only COX 2 inhibitor currently on the market is Celebrex.

My wife had her first dose of Pfizer 2 weeks ago. She immediately developed tachycardia with heart rate into the 170’s. EKG showed sinus tachycardia. Her PCP thought she was having a panic attack and gave her Xanax. Over the couple of days she developed severe hypertension and recurrent tachycardia. She was placed on large doses of antihistamines and metoprolol (beta blocker). No fever but chills and felt like she was going to have a heart attack. Only just recently have her vital signs started to normalize and the meds are slowly being weaned.

MiL- Nothing on either shot, mild fatigue. (Pfizer)
Buddy (36)- nothing on 1st. fever, headache, nausea,body aches, exhaustion for about 12 hrs on 2nd (Pfizer) he also already was in the hospital with COVID a few months ago.
Buddy (35)- nothing on the 1st. Fever, headache, body aches on 2nd (Moderna)
Friends wife (36)- nothing on 1st. Literally everything on the 2nd one for 36 hours. It was rough (Moderna)

Wife had it the first shot she was exhausted for the night I think she slept from 4:30-10:30 and then went to bed. Second shot fever and stayed home the next day. All of her coworkers that had them at the same time pretty much the same reactions. Not sure which brand

No research has been done to look specifically at whether acetaminophen or ibuprofen can interfere with how well the coronavirus vaccine works. The advice not to pretreat is merely taken from a few studies in children and the efficacy of other vaccines. As always, don’t get medical advice from an anonymous forum and talk to your own doctor.

Reactions: runkpanole
Got the Pfizer 1st dose yesterday. Feels like a hangover today.

i had a headache 45 mins after the first Pfizer shot. Lasted until i went to bed the next day.

i felt worn down and my aches and my normal aches and pain (knees, feet, back) seemed amplified the day after.

the soreness in my arm was worse from the flu shot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT