ADVERTISEMENT

Who is Buying Tesla?

Incredible demand for Tesla Semi, Tesla Megapacks having a 2 years backlog, and Cybertruck having a 3 years backlog clearly mean this business is done for!

Dojo & Tesla Bot are fwaud.

I don’t understand their business so i have really strong opinions about their business because I’m really smart like that!

Since the model Y is now eligible for the $7500. If our main car craps out we will get one.

There are no GM or Ford alternatives at this point available. Range and pricing and when seem to be at the bottom of the list for Ford and GM. Hype seems to be their strong point.

Very good results. The recent price cuts tell me that they have an overlog of inventory though. I’d rather see them make more money through margin than volume.

They slashed prices to move sales into 4Q. That in turn tanked used Tesla prices screwing over Tesla owners.

Margins were less than expected.

Their cars are also starting to look old.

$450 billion for a car company remains silly.

They slashed prices to move sales into 4Q. That in turn tanked used Tesla prices screwing over Tesla owners.

Margins were less than expected.

$450 billion for a car company remains silly.

“car company”
lots of car companies have an energy division growing exponentially. could you name a few?

“car company”
lots of car companies manufacture their own battery cells. could you name a few?

“car company”
lots of car companies write their own autonomous driving general purpose artificial intelligence software & designed their own hardware. could you name a few?

“car company”
lots of car companies designed their own super computer rivaling Nvidia’s super computer. could you name a few?

Big fan of Tesla. 2nd biggest holding in my cash account. @bunsen82 you like?
Its more reasonable now than 60% higher. 40-50 PE, personally I think there will be lots of compression in profits as margins decrease due to competition. I don't know, could do well, could go down. Where is Musk going to put his time and energy into? Good value dividend stocks and crypto stocks for growth is where I am hanging out.

Interesting you mention this. As they becomes more popular I’ve really started to notice the homogeneity of the brand. It was neat when they were somewhat exclusive - kind of like owning a spaceship or something- but now as many as you see it’s like “Yeah, but everyone has the same spaceship.” As they become more popular there’s nothing special or unique about it.

Reactions: mnole03
All I know is I just spent a week in southern Ca (Newport/Laguna area) and there were Teslas EVERYWHERE. I got the impression most people have traded in their Mercedes or BMW for a Tesla since the last time I was there 5 years ago….also saw a decent amount of Rivians.

Its more reasonable now than 60% higher. 40-50 PE, personally I think there will be lots of compression in profits as margins decrease due to competition. I don't know, could do well, could go down. Where is Musk going to put his time and energy into? Good value dividend stocks and crypto stocks for growth is where I am hanging out.

Which other megacaps fit this profile?

Interesting you mention this. As they becomes more popular I’ve really started to notice the homogeneity of the brand. It was neat when they were somewhat exclusive - kind of like owning a spaceship or something- but now as many as you see it’s like “Yeah, but everyone has the same spaceship.” As they become more popular there’s nothing special or unique about it.
They are everywhere here (DFW), and yes, quite boring to look at.

They are everywhere here (DFW), and yes, quite boring to look at.
I’m sure they have some serious redesigns in the pipeline, but how soon? I don’t follow Tesla car division. PF, you’re always up on Musks knob, what’s the forecast for redesigns?

A friend just got his Rivian. I wish that company would get its production in order because it’s a sweet looking ride.

What do you believe will replace the combustion engine then?
If republicans remain decently in control I think the engine will be around longer than most think due to the economics. Who knows though it’s not a stock I am attracted to and is far from my wheelhouse strategies of investing. They could continue to do well similar to Amazon. They could also really struggle similar to Netflix as more competition comes on line. I haven’t liked the stock for since the summer of 2021 and that call has been accurate. However, the price and fundamentals are in a place if the growth and margins can continue it will do well. For me that’s about as positive of a review as you will get on TSLA.

Last edited:
I’m sure they have some serious redesigns in the pipeline, but how soon? I don’t follow Tesla car division. PF, you’re always up on Musks knob, what’s the forecast for redesigns?
Very little has been updated aesthetically on the model S, and that released in 2012.

LOL, I'm up 47% in TSLA in 2 weeks. Inverse Bunsen Strategy (IBS) pays off again.
Go check MSTR and MARA in the same time period. I know its all fun and games, but lets be realistic here. You have been in on TSLA for a long time the ups and downs and you are likely ahead. Its ultimately how are you going to invest and what the final numbers get for you. I am now only down 15% from my all time high overall. I am very happy with that, and back ahead of the indexes since 2021 even with some hits. Since 2019 I am sitting at 416.27% return on my cash account (yeah im ok with that) 208% retirement and 312% overall. Do whatever flips your trigger. Its pretty clear you will do that anyways. Good luck.

My goal is within 2 years to take significant chunk out and just putting into ladder bond approach on the cash. Should create enough income for wife to live off each year if something were to happen to me. Then I will still have some to grow again, but you have to assess what risk you are willing to take, and in general I have more risk in my portfolio than most people are willing to take. So reduce the risk if it pays off and move on.

The Ford pickup is delivering now for early orders. Another batch of orders went in last week. Chevy is behind, but not THAT far. The $100k price point isn't that scary for truck buyers - the gas versions of similarly fitted trucks is already in that $80k range, and you can trick them out up to $100k. Pulling the Bronco, Blazer, Edge level of vehicle into the market will be a bigger deal, as those vehicles are a lot bigger market.
Problem is if you’re towing anything of consequence you get about 70 miles per charge. Most people can’t take 6 weeks of vacation all at once which is what you would need if your pulling a large camper and boat.

Go check MSTR and MARA in the same time period. I know its all fun and games, but lets be realistic here. You have been in on TSLA for a long time the ups and downs and you are likely ahead. Its ultimately how are you going to invest and what the final numbers get for you. I am now only down 15% from my all time high overall. I am very happy with that, and back ahead of the indexes since 2021 even with some hits. Since 2019 I am sitting at 416.27% return on my cash account (yeah im ok with that) 208% retirement and 312% overall. Do whatever flips your trigger. Its pretty clear you will do that anyways. Good luck.

My goal is within 2 years to take significant chunk out and just putting into ladder bond approach on the cash. Should create enough income for wife to live off each year if something were to happen to me. Then I will still have some to grow again, but you have to assess what risk you are willing to take, and in general I have more risk in my portfolio than most people are willing to take. So reduce the risk if it pays off and move on.

MSTR is probably my biggest winner ever. Check out my posts on it a couple years ago. My average buys were around $300 and sold at $1220. I've gotten in and out a few times since then. I actually have a few shares now. Bought around $220. I should have pulled the trigger around 170, but didn't.

Problem is if you’re towing anything of consequence you get about 70 miles per charge. Most people can’t take 6 weeks of vacation all at once which is what you would need if your pulling a large camper and boat.

Good thing Cybertruck will have a massive battery, be significantly more efficient, and charge 4x faster than current non-Tesla EV trucks.

Might inform some folks to buy a Tesla Truck. Maybe some people hate their time. Who knows.

Reactions: Pete Malloy
MSTR is probably my biggest winner ever. Check out my posts on it a couple years ago. My average buys were around $300 and sold at $1220. I've gotten in and out a few times since then. I actually have a few shares now. Bought around $220. I should have pulled the trigger around 170, but didn't.

I am in heavy at $220 on mstr ( however had sold calls and bought puts earlier in the summer fall so basis around 150), had a nice rebound. I thought mara had taken too much of a hit at the end of december so dabbled there a bit. Depending how it goes, if bitcoin gets back above 60k and towards 80k I see MSTR over $1000.

LOL, I'm up 47% in TSLA in 2 weeks. Inverse Bunsen Strategy (IBS) pays off again.

I got in this trade with an average basis of about $115. I took the gains today with a 50% profit since last month. I'll get back in when it gets cheaper again.

Reactions: Funky Bunch

I was in MARA and by shares got called away by a covered call. Made some money but not as much as I wanted to

I was in MARA and by shares got called away by a covered call. Made some money but not as much as I wanted to
The same thing happened to me in AR. Ended up with 150% return bit could have need up with so much more.

EV’s have been around for what? 10 years or so. The technology will get there, it just takes time. For everyday driving EV is the way to go, especially if you get solar on your house and size your system correctly to offset your consumption you’re gonna save 1000’s a year.

EV’s have been around for what? 10 years or so. The technology will get there, it just takes time. For everyday driving EV is the way to go, especially if you get solar on your house and size your system correctly to offset your consumption you’re gonna save 1000’s a year.
For larger vehicles or heavy loads it doesn’t work. The only EV trains your gonna see are Lionel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT